“Sandyport is Relaxation!”

Sandyport Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We LOVED Sandyport Beaches resort! The apartment itself was Terrific. i was leary after reading mixed reviews about the place itself, but the apartment was clean and comfortable and provided all household necessities, I upgraded to a two bedroom and it was well worth my kids having their own beds, which were sooooo comfortable, btw. as opposed to the sleeper sofa. (they are big boys) It is a bit difficult to get around, and there are hardly any restaurants worthy of walking to - so we decided to rent a car on our second day to handle two trips to the Atlantis, the FishFry and downtown. It paid off to do so and made going to dinner that much easier. I highly recommend doing so.. The views are beautiful and LOVED that the beach was so quiet! Not crazy like the Atlantis! Some AC issues, but maintenence came to fix... Many friendly people that work there, especially- Cameron, who kept my two teenage boys occupied in the lobby while texting with their girlfriends! ... Also, Lady Sarah is EXTREMELY helpful and informative. Book excursions through her, for a seamless process. Only downside, is that the Bahamas is very expensive even compared to NYC standards, but what can you do? When in the Bahamas, do as the Bahamians! Thank you Sandyport for such a terrific time and wonderful memories- We will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Do not pay for in-room wifi, doesnt work.. best bet is to use it from lobby area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank angela1158

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at Sandyport a couple weeks ago. It was one of the nicest places I've stayed at. I loved the quiet and small setting. The staff was very friendly. The beach access was great. There were not many restaurants nearby, but I knew that going into my trip. The rooms have small kitchenettes which allowed me to have the meals I wanted in. I didn't rent a car, but found the bus very convenient and cheep. I will defiantly stay at Sandyport again during my next visit.

Room Tip: This hotel is small and I don't know that there is a bad room. I was on a corner by the office a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kredhots
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for a week in April 2012. Our room was fantastic. It had a kitchen,living room,dining area, large bedroom and 1.5 baths. The resort itself was very nice, Set on a great lagoon. The ocean is just on the other side of the resort from the lagoon. Perfect location to enjoy pool, lagoon & ocean all in one place. The only remotely negative thing I can say about the resort is that they do not have any water activities. The lagoon is the perfect spot for kayaking or paddleboarding. Hopefully in the past 2 years they have invested in some! They do have a great sand bottom pool & another pool with waterslides. The resort offers off site activities such as snorkeling. We went on the snorkeling/manta ray excursion. I recommend it, really fun.
The best part of the resort is the bar/food area on the beach, run by Cleveland. He and his staff were amazingly friendly and accommodating. Every meal we ate there was great. Cleveland made french toast for my daughter every morning and rum drinks for me every afternoon! We loved it!
A nearby bus stop makes it easy & affordable to get downtown for shopping, restaurants and nightlife. If you stay in a room with a kitchen the resort offers a bus once a week to a local grocery store to stock up on supplies. Can't say enough about what a great time we had here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nifs
Reviewed 1 August 2014

An awesome place to stay, relax and enjoy great food and drinks at a reasonable price. Your own beach right outside your door and the open ocean within walking distance right across the street. The best cook on the island is my brother Cleveland. Always willing to go out of his way to make you the best breakfast omelets, great authentic Bahamian dinners and plenty of Rum Drinks to get you drunk. Located in the center of the island so it doesn't take long to get downtown for historic sites, shopping, or to Arawak Cay for the Fish Fry and Fort Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chadd S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The rooms have a microwave, frig and gas stove top, so you can eat some meals in your room, which is good, because there is no where to eat breakfast nearby. The complex is so lit up at night, I kept waking up thinking it was morning. I guess the lighting keeps it safe, which is does seem to be, be it is a bit much. The pools are nice and there is a kid slide. The bathroom was a bit dated and in nead of maintenance. This might be as expected for Nassau, but there is some room for improvement.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room that doesn't receive so much outdoor lighting.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Glenn C
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Upon arrival the staff was very friendly, we were greeted by Ms. Sara who is a guest services manager who said they she help us with booking any excursions and also hosted a barbecue on the grounds which turned out good. We were up graded with our room from a studio with queen size bed to and suite with living area, king size bed and jacuzzi, had a small problem with the room safe but, the maintenance gentleman was very helpful. We met the manager who was very friendly and accommodating. The grounds where beautiful with a walkway under the bridge to the beach with inner canal for swimming and watching the fish jump pool with slide and bar near canal and walk way around area with hammocks and chairs with straw umbrellas. We had booked an excursion on our own, and had bad experience. The manager had asked us how it went, when we told him, they reimbursed us half the cost of the excursion and stated that they would contact the company and tell them we were upset. Overall the time and experience there was fantastic.
If you get a chance to go, check out a little wine store just outside the resort "Jade Imports". it's an awesome shop and great people, was our little home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Sunday to Thursday...I must say this place is sooo relaxing and the staff is super friendly!!! You will enjoy Chef Cleveland..had a veg omelet everyday for breakfast. Front desk was helpful...rooms super clean...enjoyed water aerobics..wish it was more than Wed and Sat...great conversations with other guest...Crystal and Regi( we had a great time...thnks)

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Reese1205
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
7 mi away
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Sandyport Beach Resort? Share your experiences!