We were a little concerned when we booked our stay at the Sandy Port because of such mixed reviews. We stayed at this cute condo May 22-29, 2010. The only negative comment I will make is the maid service could spend more time wiping down cupboards (felt sticky) and walls (a couple of dirty spots). The big pool was being remodeled but we used the two smaller ones. Some of the cement on the pool rim was broken, this was not a big deal. The pools were clean and never crowded. FYI- the pools are too shallow for slides...be careful to hold your legs up !! Air conditioning worked well and plenty of ice for our tropical drinks ! I would recommend this hotel if you like a nice quiet place to stay after being in downtown Nassau all day.
The buses quit running around 7pm - 8pm. This never posed a problem for us. If we stayed out late, we just caught a taxi back for $10.00 (for all 3 of us). I used the computer in the main lobby to check my email..no problems. The staff was friendly and there is a security guard at the entrance and a security person driving around in a cart during the evening. One of my friends has a disability and the person driving the cart was so nice to pick her up each evening we returned and take her to the room (including groceries)..very nice and helpful each time. There is a little store around the corner from the resort..basic things. The bigger grocery stores you can reach by bus #10...great bus system by the way... $1.25 each way.
We had a very pleasant stay at this resort. The grounds are maintained and nice. New flowers planted and plenty of palm trees. This is not a fancy place but very nice. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Wireless Internet access is free in the rooms and public areas. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and tranquility of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Sandyport Marina Village on the Resort's doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandyport Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau