For the first of many future visits...I stayed a full week at the Sandyport Beach Resort with my girlfriend and children (ages 7 & 9), and we had an absolutely FABULOUS time. Despite the fact that there were other guests on the premises, we felt like we had THE ENTIRE RESORT ALL TO OURSELVES!!!...We (especially the children) were able to enjoy the pools from sunrise to sunset EVERYDAY without a crowd of guests. If my girlfriend and I didn't enjoy the beach so much, we could have stayed in there the entire time, LoL. But seriously, we had an opportunity to watch the children play in the pool from our hotel room; which was very cozy - we were Upgraded to a B/C unit which allowed the children to have their own space and privacy for ourselves...(Many thanks to the GM Mr. Vernon Moss, who is simply delightful and strives to exceed your expectations of excellence)...
OUR ROOM - B unit: provides a TV, partial kitchen, Full/Queen sized bed, pull out bed underneath the sofa, kitchenette table, pots, dishes & silverware with a Full bathroom; while the C unit provides a TV, 2 Full/Queen sized beds & Full bathroom.
THE BEACH - is Right and I do mean RIGHT behind the main office. It feels like a Private Beach - full of powdery sands and crystal blue waters as far as your eye can focus.
THE STAFF - Always upbeat and eager to please. Constantly casting welcome and other pleasantries upon you at every opportunity.
NO NEED TO RENT A CAR - The local bus (Jitney) that tours the main strip EVERY 5-10 minutes is only $1.25 per rider, so SAVE YOUR MONEY...
I enjoyed my stay So Much, I'm already planning my next visit; which will be next summer, early February if I'm lucky :D
*** Additional tibits of info ***
The Bahamas is EXPENSIVE All Around for Food/Drinks/Etc due to the import tax of about 45%; so expect that and don't say you were not forewarned.
The famous "Atlantis Hotel" is over-rated, its like a shopping mall on Black Friday or the Christmas Eve --- OVER-Crowded with people, whether your on the beach, waiting in line to ride the water slide, or trying to stroll in the hallways of the hotel to get to the casino. Spend a day or two there (as in a Day-Pass) IF YOU MUST. But its going to cost you $110 per adult & $80 per child over 4. But it is not, and I repeat IT IS NOT a place where you can relax if you have children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandyport Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas is known for its tranquility, where rest and relaxation amid the tropical landscape takes you into island time. A quiet retreat ideally located in the luxury Sandyport Marina Village approximately 3 miles away from Nassau International Airport and minutes away from Cable Beach.The resorts pastel colored villas of 72 rooms surround a marina linked by a Grand Canal to the sea. The architecture is inspired by the Georgian Colonial architecture of historic Bahamas and all rooms are appointed with modern conveniences. The Signature room, The Deluxe One Bedroom Suite, is your home away from home with full kitchen and living/dining room with queen size sofa bed separate from the master bedroom with king size bed, Jacuzzi bath and view of the canal or lagoon beach. There are multiple room types available though with everything from a Hotel bedroom, Studio, one, two or three bedroom suites.The resort includes two ocean beaches a short walk from the rooms, a lagoon beach, and three swimming pools including one large pool with a gentle sand edge. The kiddie pool has 2 fun water slides. A tennis court and half basketball court are also on-site. Wireless Internet access is free in the rooms and public areas. Guests can use a computer in the lobby with complimentary high-speed Internet access during office hours. Guests also have discounted use of a nearby fitness centre. While you may find yourself getting lost in the privacy and tranquility of the Resort itself, at Sandyport you can have the best of all worlds - be as quiet as you want, or as active as you want, with the dining and shopping options of The Sandyport Marina Village on the Resort's doorstep and a superb range of activities that can be organized through the front desk. The resort has a limited number of rooms that are handicapped accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandyport Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandyport Beaches Hotel Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Hotel
- Sandyport Beach Nassau
- Sandyport Beaches Resort
- Sandyport Resort
- Sandyport Nassau
- Sandyport Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau