After booking this hotel we started to read the negative comments and were concerned about our choice.
We arrived for our long week end saturday night, and were greeted by very friendly staff, our room was not ready how ever we were offered alternative rooms, I choose to stay with my king bed with ocean view. The room was a short walk about 3-4 mins form the elevator but the view was worth it. The room was very clean, we requested our room cleaned the next day and it was done, the buffet breakfast was $25 each including tax and tip, there was a good selection and it was all fresh too. Most evenings there is entertainment in the main bar area, typical of what to expect on vacation . The drinks are around $10 for a mixed drink, this is the same where ever you go on the island, remember you are in the Bahamas and there for every thing is done on island time ! The grounds were well kept and the pools were very clean,and you can walk straight on to the white sandy beach,from the hotel pool areas there is also a wet bar, I never experienced a long wait for any thing, of course with the volume of people there you may wait a couple of minutes for service, but all in all very nice, all the staff were friendly and we checked in and out in no time. The bus stop is right out side and will take you into town for $1.25 each way, but the buses stop running at 6.30 , and a taxi will cost you around $20 for the same ride. There is a daiquiri shack across from the hotel and well worth the visit, all drinks are made with fresh fruit and come with or with out liquor, they also sell water at $1 compared to the hotel $2.75. The casino was quite for most of our stay but has a nice bar, so if the main bar is busy, go to the casino and there is no wait, again great staff with lots of local knowledge, I am just so pleased that my experience was not the same as some of the other reviewers it does seem the management have taken note of problems and are working to correct them, I would come back for and longer stay !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas