“HORRIBLE!”

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I travel every few months to different resorts. This by far was the most horrible hotel. The staff was absolutely rude, disgusting food and broken down hotel. We ordered a bottle of wine through room service, yet they did not provide a bottle opener. It took guest services 2 phone calls and one hour to bring up a bottle opener. It took housekeeping 2 hours to bring towels and soap up. 15% gratuity is automatically included in all services, therefore the staff does not put in any effort to provide customer service.
The buffet area septic pipe broke, the place smelled like sewage, yet they were making people sit a few tables away from the soaking carpet.
My husband asked the waiter at the Italian restaurant to bring me a birthday cake, he totally forgot.
Food: one buffet, one Italian restaurant and one cafe outside. Same menu every day, it was so disgusting. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was totally broken down.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Edward M
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Edward M,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your stay and for any inconveniences caused. Please know that the experience you have described is not what we strive to provide our guests. You will be happy to know that we have begun renovations that will solve the issues you had mentioned. Our renovations will include major upgrades to our property as well as the addition of three new restaurants. I do hope you visit us again once our renovations are complete so that you can enjoy our new facilities. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at the Melia Nassau Beach Resort. Friendly, hospitble staff, clean, decent sized room with ocean view. All the amenities one would want. The only drawback was the disorganized check-in which took over 45 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LALawyer2

Hello LALawyer2,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, clean and comfortable guestrooms, and amenities. I am sorry about the check-in experience and hope that this did not ruin your stay with us. Please visit us again should your travels lead you back to the beautiful island of Nassau, Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel was booked in January with confirmation from hotel. When I arrived at hotel I was told the hotel was under construction and overbooked. They tried to accomdate us by sending us to the breeze. Major downgrade from a facility standpoint. Very disappointed in the way this was handled. Did not get what I paid and was promised. I have traveled All over the world and never have had something like this happen. I did not book the Breeze Hotel I booked the melia. Simple put..handled very poorly.. Planed months in advance with no notice of change of hotel until arrival. DO NOT BOOK AT THE MELIA! Good chance you will be disappointed with your stay

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Wherezthebeach

Dear Wherezthebeach,
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. This is not a regular occurrence and we are truly sorry. Please contact us directly at melia.nassau.beach@melia.com so that we can fins out more about your stay. I do hope you accept my apology. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our trip to the Bahamas was fantastic. The people are all so nice and extremely appreciative of our coming to their island. The Melia has a lot to offer guests and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The pools, beach and ocean are all clean and beautiful. It's one of the best vacations we ever had.

1  Thank Susanerin K

Hello Susanerin K,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your vacation! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, and clean beach and pools. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon for another awesome vacation.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel overbooked because it was Easter vacation which we didn't realize when we booked more than a month in advance. The clerk told us, after we checked in and headed to the elevator that we weren't getting the rooms we asked for -instead of 2 beds per room, for 4 adults who don't live together, 3 women and 1 young man, we would be sharing one king bed per room.
20 minutes of discussion and a talk with the manager didn't change anything. The young man slept on the floor! Neither the manager or clerk apologized, in fact the manager said I can't change this, having a confirmation isn't a guarantee that you'll get a room! and walked off. The rest of the staff were quite accommodating, however. The hotel has changed hands a couple of times and the wear & tear on it, without good care is showing.

4  Thank Twylla N

Hello Twylla N,
Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused due to the issues you have mentioned. I will share your comments and concerns with my management team for discussion and improvement. I hope you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to give you the memorable experience you deserve.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

If it wasn't of the check in, I would give 41/2 stars. This place is very nice. The beach is superb. The food is also very good. The restaurant called Aqua is very very good. The menu is interesting. The staff in general on the site is not too smily though, it looks like if they would rather be somewhere else today! It feels a little uncomfortable sometimes.
The vacation start not so good when they don't have you in the system but you have the proof of the reservation in your hands. We had to wait more than 11/2 hour before they can be able to register us and then... the room is not ready ( it's already over 5 o'clock!) of course, they apologize and upgraded the type of room but it still very irritating to start the vacation like that. The mattress is hard and pillows too big for the neck at my taste.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lise C

Dear Lise C,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused due to your check-in process however I hope we made up for it throughout the remainder of your stay. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The workers were extremely unfriendly, except for the doormen. The food was over priced and was child sized meals at the beach bar. the buffet was extremely overpriced. The drinks were good, but small and not worth the 15.00

1  Thank Lorentee C

Dear Lorentee C,
I am so sorry that we were unable to not only meet but surpass your expectations for your stay. Our goal at the Melia Nassau Beach is to ensure that all of our guests receive passion for service and memorable experiences. It is truly disappointing that this is not what you felt we provided. I do hope you visit us again and give us the opportunity to win back you confidence in the resort.

Andrew Tilley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#12 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!