“No bang for buck”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“No bang for buck”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very disappointed with overall stay. The hotel lobby was about the greatest part of the hotel. Resort fees? Provide me resort service if you charge resort fees. Room service...yeah great it only takes an hour to get your food. Fridge? Only if you wanna pay extra!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

4 Thank Jackie B
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Jackie B,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your stay. I am sorry that we were unable to meet and surpass your expectations. I do hope we have a chance to welcome you again so that we have to opportunity to regain your confidence in the resort.

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach Resort we appreciate your business.

Andrew Tilley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Polish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived only 10 minutes to check in and our room was ready. The room was clean with a king bed that we requested and also on the 7th floor and the view from our balcony was spectacular. We were all- inclusive the buffet food for breakfast was our favorite and the staff were very attentive. The dinner buffet had different entries every night with enough variety to please everyone. The beach cafe was good for lunch. The pool bar service was fair to good depending on crowd size with 1 nights exception when there were 50 customers and 4 bartenders you just had to be patient and wait your turn. The bartenders were hustling all the time to get your drinks & I watched 1 person get his drinks & he tried to order more drinks & bartender said you have to wait As It Should Be. Be patient they are not magicians. The entertainment was amazing from music to movie night. Also 2 barbecues by the pool with a band and the Junkanoo parade stopped by. You have to sign for everything you purchase again be patient . We snorkeled off our beach we saw very pretty fish and the beach was beautiful but they need more beach umbrellas the sun is very strong. We went into town on the 10 bus $1.25 each way and on the way back stopped at fish fry "Oh Andros" and had fresh conch salad and grouper sticks it was delicious definitely a good stop. All in all great vacation staff were very attentive and friendly, the rooms were clean and the view amazing and the cats on the property put smiles on everybody's faces. Can't wait to go back to see the improvements planned with the renovation. We stayed 4/28 to 5/2.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 428maureen
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello Maureen F,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We anticipate your return for another wonderful vacation in the sun.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Ok - major problems with reservations overbooking--- we we were sent to Breezes, horrible, construction, decor very dated, from the English colony rule...could not stay there...bright spot Tinisha, she is wonderful, in a sea if indifference, she will go far!!!! She is high end And will go far...Lastly, would hesitate to stay her again.

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Rita M
Hello Rita M,
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Please know that this is not a normal occurrence for us and we are truly sorry. I am happy to know that you still were able to enjoy your stay. I do hope you visit us again soon.

Andrew Tilley

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I visited the Melia from April 23-30th for my 40th bday. It was our first trip to the island and it won't be our last. We read the reviews prior to going and we were a bit nervous to visit this property but after being there i wonder what exactly people are wanting from this resort. Let me start with the location. It has by far the most beautiful ocean and beach on the island. We have been to Dominican, Mexico, Jamaica and even Hawaii and none of them in my opinion compare to what this island has to offer. The ocean is so beautiful it can almost make you speechless. We had a bit of an issue upon check in BUT that was due to 600 rooms checking out that day and the staff having to deal with a massive turnover of guests. The staff were very apologetic and even sent up a bottle of wine to show their regrets of the situation. Yes there are a few cracks and signs of age but you have to expect that when you are right by the ocean. The salt air and moisture does take its toll. While we were there we saw hallways being painted and heard about plans being made to continue with the on going renovation of the property to make it even better for their guests. The property is big enough to provide lots of options without making you feel you are lost. We visited Atlantis for the day and although it is grand and a sight to see i would never stay there, it is just way too big. We could go from our room to the beach, restaurants or lounge in 5 minutes. Our room was big with a very comfortable king size bed and offered everything we needed. The best part was waking up in the morning, pulling back the curtains and seeing paradise. The restaurants offered lots of choices and everything we ate was amazing. In fact so amazing i am going to have to spend a lot more time at the gym now that i am home. The entertainment was also amazing. The VIP band had my husband and i (a husband who doesn't usually dance) dancing the night away. The other entertainers in the lounge also helped us enjoy our drinks and our evening. I was also very impressed with the other options for entertainment. Such as a movie on a huge projector screen shown outside by the pool under the stars. 2 delicious BBQ's by the pool and my favorite the Junkanoo parade that danced and played their way thru the property 2 times. We were all inclusive so tips were included but we always reward good service and let me tell you unlike the other places that we have been who seem to expect it, our tips were greatly appreciated. We also had to sign all of our receipts as we were all inclusive, this is not a big deal. In fact it made us realize and appreciate just how much our trip would have cost if we had not gone with the all inclusive option. Now back to the ocean. We went on a snorkel trip with Captain Fox....even the name offers adventure. On the Melia beach there are numerous options for additional fun such as jet ski's, fishing or snorkeling. These are not affiliated with the Melia but offered on their beach. Captain Fox took us snorkeling for $50 a person and it was the best snorkeling experience i have ever had. Not only did he take really good care of us, as although i love the ocean i am a bit timid when it comes snorkeling unlike my husband who is a human fish but he took us to a place not far from the resort where we got to see lots of star fish and we found huge beautiful natural conch shells. They cleaned them and shone them up for us and we were able to bring them home as a wonderful reminder of our trip. I really can not say enough about the island or the resort. Is the resort perfect, no. Is the service perfect, no. But i have never stayed any where on vacation where things were perfect. The only things i would recommend are more umbrellas on the beach and more tables and chairs in the lounge. I haven't even been back in Canada for 48 hours and i have already been online looking at flights to plan my next trip to the Bahamas and the Melia. I am so excited to see what changes and renovations they we will do until our next visit. I commend the new owners and the staff for working hard to bring this property up to its full potential. We will be back and will recommend our friends and family to this island and to the Meila. If you are planning on visiting there go with an open mind knowing it is a work in process. Nothing beats Bahamian hospitality :)

Room Tip: The premium ocean view is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melanie2014bday
Hello Melanie2014bday,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach hotel. I am always so happy to hear when our guests have had a great time. I will be sure to share your comments with my team, I know they will be thrilled to hear about what a wonderful time you had. We cannot wait to welcome you again for another exciting and memorable vacation.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

People are very nice food is perfect life music awesome bartenders sweet ;)breathtaking view beaches are gorgeousRestaurant's are really nice and clean, pool is really cool pretty big i will come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Agata F
Hello Agata F,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm thrilled that you will visit us again. Our associates work very hard to ensure all of our guests leave with the same experience you had.

San Francisco
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I travel every few months to different resorts. This by far was the most horrible hotel. The staff was absolutely rude, disgusting food and broken down hotel. We ordered a bottle of wine through room service, yet they did not provide a bottle opener. It took guest services 2 phone calls and one hour to bring up a bottle opener. It took housekeeping 2 hours to bring towels and soap up. 15% gratuity is automatically included in all services, therefore the staff does not put in any effort to provide customer service.
The buffet area septic pipe broke, the place smelled like sewage, yet they were making people sit a few tables away from the soaking carpet.
My husband asked the waiter at the Italian restaurant to bring me a birthday cake, he totally forgot.
Food: one buffet, one Italian restaurant and one cafe outside. Same menu every day, it was so disgusting. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was totally broken down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

4 Thank Edward M
Dear Edward M,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your stay and for any inconveniences caused. Please know that the experience you have described is not what we strive to provide our guests. You will be happy to know that we have begun renovations that will solve the issues you had mentioned. Our renovations will include major upgrades to our property as well as the addition of three new restaurants. I do hope you visit us again once our renovations are complete so that you can enjoy our new facilities. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at the Melia Nassau Beach Resort. Friendly, hospitble staff, clean, decent sized room with ocean view. All the amenities one would want. The only drawback was the disorganized check-in which took over 45 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LALawyer2
Hello LALawyer2,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, clean and comfortable guestrooms, and amenities. I am sorry about the check-in experience and hope that this did not ruin your stay with us. Please visit us again should your travels lead you back to the beautiful island of Nassau, Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!