Nassau Bahamas is one of the most beautiful Caribbean destinations and
Cable beach is a prime location. Gorgeous white sand and blue waters! The weather was just right. However, the level of service and hospitality at Melia needs significant improvement. Checking in took 3 hours in our case due to a large group being there the week prior and checked out the day we arrived. We settled for a room with double beds because we were tired of waiting.
OK this is what everyone checking in is confused about, you purchase an all inclusive package and receive a special bracelet, however every single drink, meal requires a signature on a bill with an automatic 15% gratuity to the server, and it makes guests weary of additional billing. No extra charges are made and the bills are waived if you purchased all inclusive, it makes no sense because it really slows down service and makes guests uncomfortable.This shows
poor management with little consideration for the guests. Melia needs to sort this out. Also because there is an automatic 15% gratuity I'm sure this is one reason service is poor.
Can't explain why but most of the staff were very slow, sluggish, and
arrogant. The bartenders act as if its an honor to be served once every 30 min. If you're seated in the lobby bar you're lucky to get checked on once an hour, they had one waitress servicing 63 people in the evening and yes I counted. No exaggeration either.
Overall, the food was excellent at both the buffet and Aqua restaurant, I recommend the lamb at Aqua.
Unfortunately they do not serve coffee outside of the restaurant and
they do not have an espresso machine at any bar which is unheard of
and substandard, however there is the strategically placed Starbucks on site which you pay for. So if you purchased an all inclusive package there isn't coffee/espresso available at the lobby bar, bit inconvenient..
One big downfall is the wait times to be seated at buffet make it less enjoyable,There are plenty of tables available but they
make you wait in line to seat you, which looks disorganized and is an
unpleasant.On the patio there are several diseased-looking stray cats that
beg while you are eating dinner. . Furthermore, if you want an omelet for
breakfast you have to wait in a 10 minute line and deal with employees that don't seem to like their jobs.
The gym is very modern spacious with adequate equipment elliptical
machines, treadmills , bikes, weight rack 5 to 50 lbs, and a few machines
for legs and upper body. They were going to relocate it in the week that I was there and the gym will be turned into another restaurant on the 4th floor. They have only one a la carte restaurant Aqua at the writing of this review and a second restaurant is in the making.
Awesome wifi access virtually everywhere on the property including the
beach and in rooms as well. This was pretty cool if you want net access virtually everywhere.I was laying on the beach and taking photos and uploading them on the fly. First time seeing that for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas