“An amazing visual treat”

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
New Delhi, India
“An amazing visual treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Must say the resort is beautiful though certain things are lacking but the amazing surroundings compensate everything. Resort is 10kms from the down town but commuting is not difficult at all, one can easily get bus (called Jitney runs in every 15/20 minutes) from outside the hotel, which is comfortable and cheap also ( 1.25 $ per person). Taxis are also easily available (rate: 15 to 20 $).
The view from the room was amazing, beautiful pool area, beach and ocean visualizing all together gives your eyes a perfect scenic visual treat. Rooms are good, very spacious with comfortable beds, LED TV, tea/coffee making facility and a balcony from there you can enjoy the views.
Beach is very beautiful, snorkeling gears and towels are available there. One can also enjoy water skiing, volley ball and basket ball.
The only thing which they need to improve is room cleaning service, not very satisfying. Attendants have little callous attitude, like forget to refill something or other, sometimes they put extra things also, do not clean carpets properly and this happened repeatedly (almost all 4 days we stayed there). But the good thing is that whenever we asked room service they always attended our request and fulfilled the requirement as soon as possible. But it should not happen that every time you have to ask for something or other.
I must recommend to all not only because of its beautiful beach and stunning views but also for its competitive rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Happy to have given you a wonderful stay. Thank You for the review and for the wonderful photos. We hope to see you again on your next vacation to the Caribbean.

Andrew Tilley,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Polish first
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just returned today, cannot say enough about this place. We are a family of 4, all adults. Had two rooms, both very modern and clean. Check in was a little slow but we had time to check out the place, check out was a breeze and there were no hidden charges, as we did all -inclusive. The restaurants were delicious. We appreciated the Marketplace which was a buffet. The food is different everyday, with a huge selection at breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Aqua, a bit fancier, food was also delicious, but same menu each visit. Estervida, we did not eat at, but sat and enjoyed the nightly entertainment and a drink. The beachside dining also good, delivered to you if you like right on your lounge chair. As far as staff they couldn't be nicer, everyone wishing you a good morning, or can I help you. Plenty of room at pools and beach. Staff is helpful with bookings of events in town or at other islands. My only complaint was the distance we had to walk to get to our room from the elevator. We had to walk 3 corridors to reach our room, they definitely need to install another elevator midway between to make it easier. As for the cats, I happen to be a cat lover. There are cats that live on the grounds,(supposedly from when it was a Sheridan hotel) they do wander about but are not aggressive in any way, and if you don't want to be bothered with them you can ignore them and they won't bother you. We truly enjoyed our visit, couldn't have asked for more. Many thanks for making our vacation a success.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Antonia R
And Wonderful Review! Thank you.

Andrew Tilley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great from start to finish!! We waited only 5 mins at check in and that was waiting in a Que. which didn't bother us at all even tho we had a long journey. we got to the room which was clean tidy and up to good standard, plenty of towels in the bathroom with a hair dryer that worked absolutely perfect for me an only blew cold if you had it on a cold setting. The bed was clean an made up nice and was very comfortable also pillows were amazing so comfy. Every night our room was turned down with a bottle of water next to the bed granted no fridge in the rooms but ice venting machines on each floor, besides when your in that kind of heat cold water doesn't rehydrate your body room temp is best.

Food was very good to an was a big verity to pick from staff so friendly and helpful and are always smiling an cheerful which creates a good atmosphere. Lamont in the aqua restaurant was fab! Patrick on the bar was also always friendly and all the ladies to. Entertainment every night also which gave a lively atmosphere.

Pools were cleaned out daily an were at a good temp, the beach was beautiful again granted that their are locals on the beach trying to earn a living but I see this everywhere I go and you can choose to ignore it if you wish! The shops in the hotel were handy to have I also managed to treat myself to some pandora which I was pleased about an was a lot cheaper than back at home in the uk. I also had a spa day in the salon which was totally out of this world as I myself am I therapist and know what to expect, there standards an quality were high an nice ambience and atmosphere an everything was explained to me to detail.

Overall my fiancé and I really enjoyed staying at the Melia Nassau beach, the staff were amazing and we will defiantly be returning an what to say a massive thank you to everyone whom made it special thank you Jacob and Krishna for everything you did will defiantly be advising my clientele to come stay at the Melia

Thanks again kind regards

Stefania an Danny xx

1 Thank Avatars
Zebulon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was not a true all-inclusive. The information shows adult beverages as well as room service included. When we got there, they inform us room service is extra and the only alcohol included was local beers and bar brands. Also, when checking in, we were given a huge lists of "do nots". I felt like I was in high school again checking into a hotel for spring break. No one smiled, no one went out of their way whatsoever to help. We had to ask everything. I don't know if it's the culture in the Bahamas or what. There were only 2 restaurants, and a beach restaurant. There was no fridge in the room and you could not obtain any cold water until 1030 am when one of the restaurants opened up. I have never spent so much on a vacation and had such a horrible time. I WILL NEVER go back to this resort again, and maybe not back to the Bahamas because of it.
My trip to Mexico was much more enjoyable and the staff catered to my every need, and I never had to ask or wonder about anything.

Room Tip: I didn't see anything extraordinary
5 Thank sherry t

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Sechelt, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is really for those who like us, have to stay overnight in Nassau before going to the Out Islands next day. We usually stay at the Hilton, but thought we'd try the Melia as it's closer to the airport and we'd be there for less than 12 hours. A cab to the Melia is $18, and takes less than 15 minutes. We checked in about 10:15pm -- lobby is impressive but since the only open bar in the hotel at that time is the lobby bar, really loud (like hard to hear the person checking you in loud!). We received an upgraded room on the ground floor which upon first sight was very impressive - king four poster bed, spacious sitting area, sliding doors to a ground floor patio and pool. However, it didn't take long to notice how shabbily the room was finished - wall paint on all the light switch coverings, bathroom fixtures installed poorly, coffee drips down the wall beneath the coffee shelf. We wanted a drink and a swim after our long journey, but were turned away at the pool bar which closes at 10pm. So we had to go back to the lobby bar, packed and very slow service because it was the only bar open to get a drink "to go". Pool areas are beautiful but again, when you look closely there are cracks in the finishings and paint sloppily applied. But we enjoyed our drink and swim.....just after 11pm we thought we'd ring room service and get a late meal since the last airplane food had been served about 8 hours previously. Hotel operator told me that there is no food available after 11pm throughout the hotel. Sleep was fine, bathroom was adequate. This place has the potential to be great, but falls short of a full service resort. But if you're just looking for an overnight before going back to the airport, it's okay. We'd stay again on that basis only.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JulieCVancouver
Gilsum, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Melia June 13-17th. We went to check in, but we could not check in until 3pm, and so began the little annoyances that I feel for the price we paid, we should not have had to endure. We took the elevator up to the 6th floor- we had to walk what felt like half a mile to our room, because the elevator to our wing of the resort was broken- when we arrived in our room, it was 'clean', but on closer inspection you could see the need for repairs/updating. Our bed was scuffed up badly, our pillows were ripped open with the stuffing pouring out of them, lamp shades were dirty, windows were foggy, we didn't have any chairs on our lanai (all of the other rooms had them) Hair in the tub, stains on the comforter, rips in the rug and walls needed paint work, I went to dry my hair with their hair dryer, and low and behold, it turns on, but only blows cold air....frustrating!

POOLS/GROUNDS; were clean; employees were up bright and early cleaning the grounds. However it does need extensive concrete work. Watch your toes if you're walking barefoot!
ON SITE RESTAURANTS- The Marketplace (Buffet) if you're not going all inclusive, I do not recommend wasting your money here. It is overpriced ($50 breakfast, $85 dinner) the food is mediocre at best, dine INSIDE if you don't like cats beneath your feet. We ate there a few times, and of the two times we ate outside, there were multiple cats walking beneath your chairs and weaving in and out between the diners. I like cats, however, I do not like cats eating 'with' me...especially when you don't know if they have had their shots, etc. I say 4 or 5 different cats there- all who looked very skinny and feral; although they do not seem afraid of humans The fine dining restaurant, Aqua was a bit better, but once again, extremely overpriced unless you are going all inclusive. Estavida, I cannot comment on, as it was always busy with very little seating and we never had the opportunity to give it a shot. The O'Grille was an outdoor eatery by the pool, food once again was expensive, but edible. Gulls were landing on the tables and trying to eat off patrons' plates/tables. Wet Bar was ok, but slow service.

BEACH: The sand is white and powdery- was relatively clean (had a few cigarette butts, random trash and a small bit of glass here and there. Water is warm,turquoise blue and gorgeous- great snorkeling by the reef, lots of colorful Marine life to see. The downside to this is a few things- The vendors! Ughhh, every time we went out to the beach (which was a lot) we had a vendor come up and try to sell us time shares, towels, cigars, hats etc. My husband and I dreaded seeing them walk up when you're trying to shell hunt/swim/wade in the ocean. Maybe this won't bother another person, but I feel that I shouldn't have to dread going somewhere on vacation because I have to avoid/dodge someone constantly trying to sell me stuff I don't want (If I wanted to buy something, I would go to a shop/store and buy it) The other negative to the beach is the Jet skis'- there were multiple jet skis running simultaneously by locals..they were loud and reeked of oil/exhaust. The jet ski operators were showing off by driving them way too fast being so close to swimmers/kayakers/snorkelers. POOLS: I never went into the pools because on my first day there, I witnessed the resident seagulls bathing in them. I know there are chemicals in the pool, and the staff do clean the pools daily, but It's just not something I want to take the risk of with all of the diseases wild birds can carry. Jitneys (public transportation buses) were available every few minute just steps away from the hotel. If you decide to take a Jitney downtown or to the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay....HOLD ON! And I myself am no 'Sunday driver' .....and am known to drive 5mph over the limit...but this...this was crazy... they were blasting, and I mean BLASTING music throughout the bus, driving at extremely high rates of speed, not only on the straight portion of the road, but it to the rotaries as well. We can within inches of kissing the bumper of a dump truck, and the first bus we took went over the Paradise Island bridge (which they are not supposed to do) not sure why we were there, and I wasn't about to ask. On our way back to Cable beach on the Jitney, the driver blew several red lights and once again, this was a ride from hell! Across the street from the Melia is the Daq Shack (this place is fun and inexpensive. Great Daquiris for $6each. There is also a mini straw market across from the Melia, but I didn't come to the Bahamas to shop, so I can't comment on what is there or the prices. (We passed through the gift shop inside of the Melia, and if you are planning on buying something, plan on paying double/triple what it is worth. I know this is a long review, but I wanted to cover all of the points/issues my husband and I came across during our stay. All inclusive is the way to go if you do decide to stay here, and if you are okay with the annoyances then you won't have any issues here. I however would rather go back to Oahu, Hawaii and not deal with all of the issue I encountered at the Melia.

6 Thank CamaroEllie
Oak Park, Il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My son and I just returned from a stay in Nassau, and the Melia was the perfect place to stay. We stayed on the first floor and enjoyed the quick access to the pools and the beautiful beach. The food was great with a wide variety of foods, we usually chose to eat outside since the air conditioning made it pretty cool inside. The staff was helpful and kind to my son (8 years old), and the management was genuinely interested in our experience - we had a short conversation with them at the indoor bar. The hotel also went out of it's way to accommodate the World Cup fans by setting up a big screen and having it on numerous T.V.s. in the lobby. The beach restaurant has delicious hamburgers and the swim up bar was nice too. We visited the Atlantis and it was just too big, too crowded, and too expensive for our tastes. I cannot think of one negative thing to say about the Melia Nassau Beach. Lastly, the all inclusive package is the way to go because you never have to carry money around in your wet swim suit. I forgot to mention the ping pong tables are in really great shape and we appreciated that since we played every morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank enzo r
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Enzocat,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our helpful associates and activities. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,661 reviews
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!