“Alexis Henfield is one of the nicest people there!”

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When I Arrived to the Melia Hotel, my room had no hand towels and I met Alexis on the 4th west floor and I told her about my problem and she was so nice and friendly. She apologies and everyday she made sure that I had towels and 2 bottles of water everyday for the remainder of my stay. She is the BEST!

Room Tip: The 4west floor where Alexis is the supervisor and she will take excellent care of you!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.
I will be sure to share your comments with Alexis, I know she will be happy to hear from you.
Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Melia Nassau from Jul 28 to Aug 5. Our overall satisfaction is very good considering that the hotel is going through some major work to bring it up to par with Baha Mar's opening of Spring 2015. The beach is outstanding, one of the best beaches we have been in on in a long time, pools were nice too although they definitely need some freshening up. Snorkeling right in front of the hotel was a treat for my 6-8 year old, we saw tons of fish and even a few turtles that we could observe real close... I have paid big bucks to scuba dive in waters that didnt have 1/3 of the wild life I saw just 50 feet from the beach. Nassau itself is a fun, safe place to go see and you should take a bus (very cheap) to the city while staying there.

Hopefully Andrew and his team will be able to speed up the check in process as the lobby gets its final touches.

Thanks to everyone at Melia Nassau for making our stay a great stay (special thanks to Sonya who did our room every day and was always smiling and very helpful)

Room Tip: upper floor or lower, ground level if you have young kids with direct access to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us!
I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

In short, this hotel has clearly seen better days. Some areas of the hotel desperately need new carpet, paint, and just general touching up. My floor (just below the lobby level) smelled like mildew. And, while the lobby is beautiful, some of the less-traveled areas don't seem very clean. Running a vacuum more often (particularly in the less traveled, yet still public hallways and stairways) would really help.

Otherwise, the food was okay and the service was okay. The pool was nice, but I was disappointed that only one of the hotel's many pools was open...especially since the beach water temperatures were still cool in April.

Did the hotel meet my needs to get away from the hustle and bustle of life for a few days? Absolutely. And, the value was pretty good. I just wouldn't necessarily say that this is the best facility I've ever stayed in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TokyoCC,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience. You will be happy to know that we are currently undergoing renovations that will include many updates to our resort as well as the addition of three new restaurants! I hope you visit us again so that you have the chance to experience our resorts transformation.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

For the price we paid for flight/hotel, this was a pretty good deal. The hotel is older, and is under renovation--in parts--and the rest of it is clean but not maintained very well. The carpet in the hallways needs to be replaced, the doors all need paint and the a/c in the rooms need to be replaced. We had a very difficult time getting towels for our room, and the staff was disinterested to the point of rudeness. The food was mediocre at best, and VERY expensive. $19 for a crappy frozen hamburger and a handful of fries is ridiculous. However, the pools and beach were WONDERFUL and even though there were plenty of people there, it never felt overly crowded. We were always able to find a chaise on the beach and by the pools, and the water was clean in both. The nicest thing about the pools were the large areas that were fairly shallow--3 feet deep. My 5 year old loved getting to practice swimming underwater in these areas because if she got nervous, she could just put her feet down. We spent most of our time outside, so overall it was a good experience, but after taking a ferry over to Atlantis I realized what a big difference there is between the two resorts. I think we would have been more willing to overlook the poor food and maintenance of the hotel property if the staff had been friendly and accommodating. There were one or two staff members who would actually smile and make eye contact when we greeted them, but the vast majority completely ignored us until we waved them down. Strange for a country that gets the majority of its income from tourism. We probably won't stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Kristen W,
Its great that you enjoyed our beach and pools however I am so for the disappointments with the other aspects of your stay. We appreciate your comments as we use them to know where we have fallen short and to improve the experience we provide our guests. I will share your comments with my team for discussion and improvement.
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and I hope we have the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is in the middle of renovation so honestly, it should be closed for a few months. It will be a great resort by next summer. They need more direction from upper management as to how to make guests comfortable during this time. The workers were all friendly and they did their best. Food was pretty good but limited.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you visit us again to enjoy the transformation coming to our resort.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was nice. Staff friendly and helpful. Food very expensive. Breakfast and lunch food was average at best. Dinner was better quality food, but again very expensive.
Beach area was beautiful, clean and well maintained.
Resort was smaller and well taken care of, hotel room very clean and updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank David & Sonya C

Hello and thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the melia for 6 nights. Upon arrival there was ALOT of people waiting to check in as we all arrived before check in time. We waited in line for about 40 mins to check in due to the large amount of people checking in only to find out that our room was not ready, so we had to wait like another 30 mins or so. I will say that the front desk staff could use some customer service training because they are not friendly, they don't smile, they are very rude and this is not good for the hotel because first impressions are the most important impressions. Once in our room the view was amazing but the room was average which was ok. I do believe that there is a shortage of wash cloths and towels because we had none upon arrival but was given some shortly after. The hotel is currently under renovation and everything is supposed to be updated, which we knew going to the hotel. The hotel may be in need of a face lift and a NEW front desk staff but everything else was AMAZING!!! They had some type of mini concert almost every night, they plenty of activities for the kids, they offer free non motorized water sports and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I had the breakfast buffet 1 day and it was amazing other than that I didn't eat food from the hotel. They offer free wifi but only in the public areas. The beach is BEAUTIFUL, it is better than many of the other beaches in Nassau. The daiquiri shack across the street is a must visit, the drinks are great. Oh and the house keeper Samantha was great, always friendly, smiling, and helpful. She kept my room clean and neat and even checked on me in passing because I had the do not disturb sign up. Overall the hotel was a great place to stay and will be even better once the renovation process is over.

Room Tip: 6th floor ocean views are amazing.

Hello NekaNek,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value our guests comments as they help us to know where we have fallen short so that we can quickly take corrective measures. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you visit us again so you can experience all of our upgrades and additions.

Andrew Tilley,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#12 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!