“Very poor hotel”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Innsbruck
“Very poor hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went there because we missed our flight. We had two rooms in the 6th floor, and the elevator was 250 meters away from our rooms. The other one (the closer one) was out of order. Our room was in very bad condition, the beds were smelling strange and we did not have any towels. We tried to call the house keeping but our telefone was not working. Then we met a friendly person from the housekeeping in the hallway and she told us that she will bring some, but she did not. The italian restaurant is very good and the people are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Blodi34
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointments with your stay.
We are continuing to use our guests comments to correct our shortcomings and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again to give you the vacation you deserve.
Thank you for staying with us we appreciate your business.

Andrew Tilley,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,162)
  • Polish first
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband surprised me with trip for my birthday. We were very pleased with the facility, beach and pools. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable! Had a wonderful vacation! Would go back again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Jerry & Beverly B
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Welcome to Paradise! Glad you were able to spend your birthday with us. Come back again next year to celebrate once more. We have many exciting new additions which will be open by that time which will make Paradise seem that much more grand!

Andrew Tilley
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is very well located, very easy to get to and from downtown nassau. I think they should have better selection when it comes to restaurants at the resort. (not many to choose from). Dinner was very limited to only buffet and one a la carte. Specially if you travel with children. The breakfast buffet was good but other than that you're better off going to either downtown for dinner or the Fish Fry which is a very good place to eat a good dinner. Otherwise I will not recommed the all inclusive. Not worth the money. No entertainment at the resort. Nothing to do after 6. no shows to entertain guest, and live music was average.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear C G,
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointments with your stay.
You will be happy to know that with the completion of our renovation we will have 3 new restaurants added for our guests to enjoy. We are also continuing to add to our entertainment offerings with many fun and exciting activities for our guests to experience. I hope you visit us again so that we can regain your confidence in us.

Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Melia was under construction, but it didn't bother us at all! The beach, pools, and bars were awesome!! The casino was a nice cool place to take a break from the sun and have a cocktail! It was a perfect getaway! The food was great the staff was friendly and helpful. We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Diane M,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for sharing your experience with us.
I am so glad you enjoyed our beach, pools, bars, restaurants and friendly associates. I am also very happy to see that you plan to visit us again. We are very excited to welcome you back.

See you again soon!

Oak Island, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We, myself, my wife, and our 13 year old grand daughter, took a Carnival Cruise that stopped at Nassau, and we decided to go the the Melia for the day. We got off the ship, walked 5 blocks from the port terminal to George Street, in front of the straw market, and took the number 10 bus, or jitney, to the Melia. Remember to bring your towels from the ship, because the Melia does not provide any. The bus driver was very friendly and we told him where we were going and he let us out right across the street from the resort. Walked up the driveway and into the hotel to the front desk. Very nice lady waited on us, and told us that day passes were $30 without food and drink credit, or $50 with $20 worth of food and drink credit. I asked her if we could just use cash to purchase food if we only purchased the day pass, and she said no. So we purchased 3 day passes with food for $50 each, $150 total. To get to the beach, she told us to walk past the lobby around the corner to the elevators, take the elevator to the 2nd floor, get off, walk past the first door and go in the second door, walk into another room and past the Starbucks, go outside, walk down the steps and your there! Whew! But when we got there the beach and water were gorgeous. And they have several different pools with waterfalls, and the pool water was cooler than the ocean water, which was nice cause it was HOT in July. Lots of loungers on the beach, and several umbrellas, but we were not fortunate enough to get one, so we just grabbed three loungers in the sun and put on lots of suntan lotion. The resort has two hot tubs, one on the right and one on the left. The one on the right side does not work, but the one on the left works great, and I spent about 30 minutes in it relaxing. Went up to the bar and ordered a pina colada and a water, $13.80!!!! Pina Coladas are $9!!! REALLY. $9!!! So Ok, I tell them we have $60 credit for food and drinks and just take it out of that, and he says no, you have to pay cash. I tell him they told us at the front desk we couldn't use cash, and he suddenly acts like he doesn't understand English. So I pay with cash. Then we eat at the grill. A cheeseburger and fries are $19!!! Wow, really expensive I thought. Anyway we all get the cheeseburger, fries, and a coke, and at the end they present me with a bill of $82. I tell them that we have $60 in food and drink credit, so the bill should only be $22. The waitress looks at me strange, then says she has to call the front desk, comes back in a minute and tells us we don't owe anything. So we went from owing $82 to owing nothing. Maybe the front desk and the grill and bar need to get on the same page! We were so tired after that we just took a taxi back to the ship, cost $20 for the 3 of us. We really enjoyed our day and the Melia and would recommend it to any cruise ship passengers wanting to just lay on a great beach with beautiful aqua green crystal clear water!!!! Just watch what you eat there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Dan_N_NC
Hello and thank you for choosing to spend the day with Melia Nassau Beach.
I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy our beautiful pool and beach.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again for a longer stay with us.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

When I Arrived to the Melia Hotel, my room had no hand towels and I met Alexis on the 4th west floor and I told her about my problem and she was so nice and friendly. She apologies and everyday she made sure that I had towels and 2 bottles of water everyday for the remainder of my stay. She is the BEST!

Room Tip: The 4west floor where Alexis is the supervisor and she will take excellent care of you!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.
I will be sure to share your comments with Alexis, I know she will be happy to hear from you.
Please visit us again soon!

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Melia Nassau from Jul 28 to Aug 5. Our overall satisfaction is very good considering that the hotel is going through some major work to bring it up to par with Baha Mar's opening of Spring 2015. The beach is outstanding, one of the best beaches we have been in on in a long time, pools were nice too although they definitely need some freshening up. Snorkeling right in front of the hotel was a treat for my 6-8 year old, we saw tons of fish and even a few turtles that we could observe real close... I have paid big bucks to scuba dive in waters that didnt have 1/3 of the wild life I saw just 50 feet from the beach. Nassau itself is a fun, safe place to go see and you should take a bus (very cheap) to the city while staying there.

Hopefully Andrew and his team will be able to speed up the check in process as the lobby gets its final touches.

Thanks to everyone at Melia Nassau for making our stay a great stay (special thanks to Sonya who did our room every day and was always smiling and very helpful)

Room Tip: upper floor or lower, ground level if you have young kids with direct access to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us!
I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again in the future.

Andrew Tilley,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,660 reviews
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!