Just checked in earlier this afternoon. Check in went smooth...kind of. I was sort of eager to see for myself what the big deal with the check in was all about since I've been reading the reviews off and on for a few months now. Well, let's put it this way...I walked up to registration with just two people ahead of me, so I'm thinking to myself "ok, no sweat". After talking to the attendant at the front desk for two minutes she goes in the back to check something out. This took about ten minutes and then my wife and I looked at each other and started smirking at each other like "Uh oh, those reviews about long check in registrations were right on point." The lady eventually came back out and told us that our reservations were cancelled and that they could'nt find my name. However, she did eventually find it and had to do whatever clerical task she had to do in order to "re-enter" us back in the system. I'll say this much, while we waited waaaay too long to check in, she at least told us about the "minor" problem and the solution when she reappeared. Basically, we checked in with no problem once she came back and I guess it was a good thing she waited until she solved the problem before telling us that our reservations were cancelled somehow.
As far as everything else goes, here's the deal...this hotel is under renovation. It is not on the same level as Atlantis across the way as far as amenities, looks, etc. It definitely won't be on par with the Baha Mar resort being built right next door ( that place will probably rival Atlantis when it's done.)
But for now, it has something that Paradise Island and the Atlantis doesn't have...cable beach. Cable beach is absolutely gorgeous. Warm, clear water, white sand and everything else you'd expect with the Caribbean.
The hotel is just fine and it's worth the money. When the renovations are done, it will be ok. I have zero complaints about hotel rooms, pool grounds etc... Staff is fine. Be nice to people and you'll probably have a good experience. I'm from New York so that goes for me back home too.
One last note, I actually visited this place many years ago when it was the Raddison, so I've seen some changes but nothing crazy enough that I wouldn't recommend it to someone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas