“Fair, but there's better bang for your buck.”

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Savannah, Georgia
“Fair, but there's better bang for your buck.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Cable Beach location is beautiful and it's much lesser a tourist trap than the Paradise Island beaches. For those who have not heard, Melia is next to a huge Multi-Billion dollar hotel construction site, until April 2015. Which is fine, you can't see or hear too much of that.

However, the construction extends inside of Melia. Don't expect an expansive lobby when you walk in, it is boarded off. After negotiating the alternative route of elevators and service corridors you will find your way through to a smaller curtained off lobby where you can listen to the sweet sound of hammering and gun drills as you sip your morning coffee from Starbucks before descending down to the pool area with it's broken concrete patio and nicely maintained gardens.

The beach towels provided are relatively new, their is no shortage of water sport equipment and the newly constructed break water rocks have some life swimming around them. They also have construction workers swimming around them when they get off work, because they also live in this hotel - One of the towers at the far end where the partially demolished bar and water slides are.

Our room in the West Wing was refitted with modern furniture, and a newer bathroom, it was also very clean. The mattress however had Sheraton written on it, and while quite comfortable for both of us had a bit of a dip going on.

There were three restaurants in use and three bars of which two also served bar food. The food was good, wholesome and varied and I contend better than the other well known 3 star hotel on cable beach. The bars were well stocked with full strength drinks, although some drinks you had to pay for, even if you were on the all inclusive plan. What was difficult, at least initially, was knowing which ones where included and which ones were not - Difficult because you have to sign a check for all food and drinks - This took away some of the pleasure from staying all inclusive, because you are constantly being reminded about money. Incidentally, we really didn't enjoy squabbling with a bar tender when he asked us to sign another cheque after his co-worker had already had us sign one. That said, the restaurant staff are very kind, polite and accommodating, as were the rest of the hotel staff we encountered.

On the whole I say Melia is a tired hotel that wants to improve and is run by nice people, but although the food and beverages are better than the other well known 3 star on cable beach, I prefer the other hotel because facilities are in better shape.

Room Tip: Book through Costco, exec membership will get you a free ocean view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David G
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Hello David G,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our resort consists of two wings and the tower you mentioned with dissembled slide and bar is not apart of our property. I am glad you liked your room and I am glad you found our associates to be friendly. We are currently undergoing renovations which we are very excited about and will include many upgrades and additions that I know our guests will enjoy. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

Andrew Tilley,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,228)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The housekeeping was was excellent.
The housekeeper Ms . Samantha Forbes was impeccable. She was also extremely helpful about different places to tour.a
She always helpful pleasant with a smile
I was not on the all inclusive program and thought the lunch and dinner was the same food choices. I think sometimes the Staff in the restaurants took the 30 minutes rule for service to an extream..

I think that only offering a total all inclusive for 140 dollars a little high expecially if you do not want to drink alcohol. However the selection of alcohol was excellent with some top shelf liquor offered

The wi Fi was terrible offered mainly in the lobby which became a meeting place for people with no apparent business

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harold R
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello Harold R,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for sharing your concerns. Our guests comments help us to continue to ensure our guests have enjoyable stays. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again should your travels lead you back to Nassau Bahamas.

Salome W. Evans, Beach And Pool
BrendaLee Allen, Front Desk

Went Out Of Their Way To Make My Stay Memorable.

I've Stayed Here Since It's Inception And Always Feel Like I'M Coming Home.
I'll Be Back.

The Hotel Is Always So Clean, The Staff So Amenable, They Go Above And Beyond To Make Their Guests Feel Welcomed.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank bobicee
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hello bobicee,
It is wonderful to know that you felt at home when you visited us and we are always happy when our guests plan to visit us again. Thank you for continuing to choose us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Im coming back . I love Bahamas melia resort made my vacation the best experience ever . ❤️I will recommend my friends and family to plan a trip to melia resort . I will never forget my experience . I thank all the kind people at the bahamas . You guys are the best. Thank you so much and god bless you all .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank Evelin T
Hello Evelin T,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am so excited that you plan to return! Our associates work very hard to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed and at home. We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another wonderful vacation.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

1st time here. After reading many reviews, you just gotta take a chance. The property needs a face lift but you can see that they are making improvements. The food, bar, beach was GREAT! It's really quiet not slam packed like Atlantis. So it was very relaxing even with children. Never a long line to do anything. The views from 2nd and above room floors is beautiful. Sunrises and sunsets. I recommend taking the bus into town. For just $1.25 pp. And it picks you up in front of the hotel. The people are very polite. Once in town be aware that the straw market vendors are very pushy and want you to buy from them. Everyone there has the same stuff. Just gotta find a good deal. Local food is great. Fish Fry is the place everyone talks about so we tried it. It's several restaurants that have fresh sea food. Sky juice is an island fave for drinks. Gotta try it! If you don't like gin or coconut then this drink is not for you. Overall a great experience with my family. I would come back to Melia again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank Frank & Elizabe R
Hello and thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach!
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you and your family again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Just checked out this afternoon. No long lines. No surprises on the bill. Stayed for 7 days with wife and kids. One kid is 17 yrs old, the other is 10 years old. Here's some facts to consider when planning your trip here. The beach is fantastic. The hotel is going through some major renovations. We did not have a problem with any construction going on. As a matter of fact, I don't remember hearing too much noise going on during our stay. The casino downstairs does not belong to the Melia, it belongs to the Crystal City resort next door. There are no dealers available only slots. The dealers are being trained and are being sent to the new Baha Mar across the street. I know this because I talked with one of the dealers at the casino. They seemed pretty excited about the move. If you plan on gambling in this Casino and you see no dealers, do yourself a favor and save the frustration and bad review writing because there is a reason why the casino is empty. As of right now, all inclusive plans include three places to eat on the resort. I didn't see the value there and opted to go outside the resort for food. We ate at the resort twice and mostly ate at the fish fry and Subways. There is a Burger King, Dairy Queen, and deli a short walk down the road. Make your own decisions. Just stating the facts.
As far as my overall opinion on this resort, I think it is a great place to stay. We went to Atlantis for two days via a day pass that we got for free when we stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in paradise island. Yeah, it's a little know secret that if you stay at that hotel you get free day passes to Aqua Adventures. Yeah that's right....winning. Those passes are like $140 pp, per day. Anyway, once you go to Atlantis and then come back to the serene atmosphere of the Melia resort and Cable beach, you'll realize that this resort has a much different guest in mind when they decided to take over from the Sheraton. Staff was fine. Check in was a little long. Rooms were fine. I would definitely come here again. They're building more restaurants and amenities etc..so it will have more options for guests as far as dining is concerned. Overall the trip was great and I'd recommend this resort anyone to anyone visitin the Bahamas.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Roderick J
Hello Roderick J,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay. I am so happy to that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again once our renovations are complete so that you can enjoy all of our new upgrades and additions.

Bahamas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm still here at the Melia and can't wait to leave. There is no wifi in the rooms and this is only available in the looby and the pool area. This is 2014 and people have to crowd in the lobby, vie for limited seating in order to read your email. That's exactly where I am now. In the rooms, they say is an ethernet cable, if it's not there you have to ask for one. How can I plug an ethernet cable in my IPad? If I had known this, I could have brought my own router or go somewhere else.

Totally disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby, so can get wifi signal
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Rob C
Dear Rob C,
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with your stay. We are currently working on having Wi-Fi access throughout our hotel for our guests convenience. I hope you visit us again so that you have the opportunity to enjoy this additional amenity along with the many other additions we are anticipating upon completion of our renovations. Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach.

Andrew Tilley,

Travellers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!