The Cable Beach location is beautiful and it's much lesser a tourist trap than the Paradise Island beaches. For those who have not heard, Melia is next to a huge Multi-Billion dollar hotel construction site, until April 2015. Which is fine, you can't see or hear too much of that.
However, the construction extends inside of Melia. Don't expect an expansive lobby when you walk in, it is boarded off. After negotiating the alternative route of elevators and service corridors you will find your way through to a smaller curtained off lobby where you can listen to the sweet sound of hammering and gun drills as you sip your morning coffee from Starbucks before descending down to the pool area with it's broken concrete patio and nicely maintained gardens.
The beach towels provided are relatively new, their is no shortage of water sport equipment and the newly constructed break water rocks have some life swimming around them. They also have construction workers swimming around them when they get off work, because they also live in this hotel - One of the towers at the far end where the partially demolished bar and water slides are.
Our room in the West Wing was refitted with modern furniture, and a newer bathroom, it was also very clean. The mattress however had Sheraton written on it, and while quite comfortable for both of us had a bit of a dip going on.
There were three restaurants in use and three bars of which two also served bar food. The food was good, wholesome and varied and I contend better than the other well known 3 star hotel on cable beach. The bars were well stocked with full strength drinks, although some drinks you had to pay for, even if you were on the all inclusive plan. What was difficult, at least initially, was knowing which ones where included and which ones were not - Difficult because you have to sign a check for all food and drinks - This took away some of the pleasure from staying all inclusive, because you are constantly being reminded about money. Incidentally, we really didn't enjoy squabbling with a bar tender when he asked us to sign another cheque after his co-worker had already had us sign one. That said, the restaurant staff are very kind, polite and accommodating, as were the rest of the hotel staff we encountered.
On the whole I say Melia is a tired hotel that wants to improve and is run by nice people, but although the food and beverages are better than the other well known 3 star on cable beach, I prefer the other hotel because facilities are in better shape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas