“A great Bahamian vacation....Thanks, Trevor and Deon”

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Los Angeles, California
“A great Bahamian vacation....Thanks, Trevor and Deon”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Nassau to celebrate, among other things, our 1 year anniversary. The Melia Nassau Beach Resort was a great choice.The hotel is very clean with nice rooms. It is in a great location with a beautiful beach and great ocean views. The awesome staff is the subject of a memorable story. The morning after the first night of our stay, I was awakened by a phone call. Security called to say that my wallet was found on the beach (I had not yet realized my wallet was missing)! On my way to the lobby, I felt blessed that my wallet was found, but I prepared myself to deal with the loss of all the cash I brought. The wallet was returned with not a dollar missing! The staff's hard work in maintaining the hotel led to my wallet being found and I will be forever thankful. I am especially thankful to Trevor and Deon (two very cool guys) who were personally responsible for finding and returning my wallet. I am glad I got a chance to meet and personally thank them! I recommend this resort for a great, relaxing, Bahamian vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19Travel66
GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Hello 19Travel66,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach for your stay.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that you recovered your wallet. I hope that you visit us again in the future for another wonderful vacation!

Andrew Tilley,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,283)
  • Polish first
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

long lines at peck time of check in, expensive meals if you do not purchase the all inclusive package, purchase online and read the fine print, 40 dollar a day resort fee added to online purchases at time of departure. This resort is in a very nice and safe location in the Bahamas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Hello Jackson148,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Stay Well,

Andrew Tilley
Hamburg, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Let me start off first by saying that this hotel was pretty nice-given what we paid for our stay. I didn't realize that the country itself is a pretty run down place. But once you get to the hotel, it's like you're in a whole other world. The grounds are VERY well maintained. Yes, there were 2 cats there but they were very sweet and kept to themselves. I am not a cat person but I did pet them and they were just happy that someone was paying attention to them-very sweet. The beach in front of the hotel was absolutely breathtaking-beautiful, clear and calm waters-good for snorkeling. Check in and out was a breeze-took all of 10 minutes to check in and maybe 7 minutes to check out. There were no rude staff members- or locals that I encountered throughout my entire trip. We were actually discussing when we left here, how polite people were and that they were some of the nicest people we've encountered while traveling. If you're expecting a fantastic 5 star luxury resort, this place is not for you. This resort was clean, friendly and average for most people.

ROOMS:
We stayed in the West Wing, rm 767 with a partial view of the ocean-rooms were very cool with no A/C problems. They were clean and well kept but as others have said, were a little short on towels when we arrived so we ended up packing one of our own just in case. Each time we called down for new towels or bottled water (you are are allowed 2 bottles of water per day free of charge), we received them right away. The hotel seemed very quiet at night as well (which is one of the main things I seek out when booking a hotel). Of course you could hear the occasional people laughing and talking in the hallway when they are right outside your door but it pretty much ended around 10pm. I also have a 'white noise' app on my iphone that I use when I sleep in hotels to drown out any noise at night so i'm sure this had helped.

RESTAURANTS/FOOD:
We did NOT do the all inclusive because we like to venture out and see what other restaurants are in town. We did eat the breakfast buffet twice and at the grill outside by the pool for supper once. Food was average-nothing bad, although the eggs for breakfast were not very warm. The bar outside made the absolute best margaritas I've ever had. The wait time for food and drinks were normal-nothing like what some reviewers were talking about. We always had our drinks within a couple minutes and food at the grill took about 15 minutes. The views are amazing there so waiting a few minutes was no big deal. Be aware though: if you do go downtown for dining options, it is $15 by cab there and $20 by cab to paradise island where Atlantis is. Some recommendations for food outside the hotel: Senor Frogs on the waterfront-beautiful and great service/fairly cheap. Pirates Pub was good, Curly's down at the Fish Fry had great shrimp.

MISC.: I knew before going that there was no Wi-Fi in the rooms. however, the power goes out quite frequently in the Bahamas and therefore the hotel runs on back up generators. I believe it went out 4 of the 5 nights we were there. You do not really notice it because as soon as it goes out, the generators kick on and you just have to reset your clocks. The only thing is when the generator is on, the Wi-Fi does not work which is a little frustrating since you pay $40 per day per person for amenities like this. They had free paddle boards/kayaks/snorkeling gear out by the beach-you just had to give them your room number and you were good to go. Jet ski's are there also but i believe they were $50 for an hour. Casino was nothing great-just average. The only game I play is roulette and I prefer an actual 'dealer' rather than the electronic kind and the electronic machines were all they had. We did a day excursion to Sandy Toes Rose Island for $84pp and I highly recommend it. 45 minute boat ride (one way) to the island and it is so beautiful and the water is crystal clear. They had a great beach bar and wonderful buffet style lunch for us with fried grouper, pasta, rice, salad, rolls, and hot dogs. Amazing views there! Atlantis was a fun day as well but way too touristy and crowded.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for the price, friendliness of the staff, and by far-one of the best locations for beach/views of cable beach. how much are you in the hotel when you're on vacation anyway other than to shower and sleep?? go out and explore new things and enjoy the fact that you're on vacation in the Bahamas!! :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lyndsey100
Hello lyndsey100,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share such a detailed review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our beautiful beach , friendly associates and location. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. The staff was amazing! I wanted to upgrade my room but for whatever reason was not able to. That being said, there was not a single problem other than the rude tourists who seemed to be unable to adjust to Island Time! Shout out to Berthamae and Yvonne (hotel employee). Awesome!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Cindybabyboomer
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach!
We are always so happy to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay.
Please visit us again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

Toronto, Canada

Hi all...

I read reviews before my stay and I was a bit nervous, but I can tell you that most of those people that write the hotel is horriable are most like people that even a 5 star would not be good enough... My husband, son (2) and I stayed from Aug. 16th to 20th and we had a great time. The staff is extremly kind, but so are we!! You are treated the way you treat others... just remember that when you go on vacation..

The good... the pools were great, the beach is beautiful and the hotel room was clean and definatly a 4 star.. some updates would be nice. We had clean towels and room service daily..

The bad.. right now they are renovating and they don't have much places to eat!!

Now, we went EP and Bahamas is very expensive... I highly recommend breakfast at starbucks and they have great lunch sandwhiches too.. around 8 dollars USD... You must eat at Auqa at least once on your stay if you go EP... Amazing food and service...

We ordered room service which was affordable and fantastick..

Accross the street they have a place that sells drinks for 6 bucks...

Have fun...

Room Tip: we had oceanview on the 7th floor... ask for close to elevators or you will walk far... Ground leve...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lucy c
Hello Lucy C,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our friendly associates, beach and pools, and restaurants. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future for another great stay.

San Francisco
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Melia hotel is located in a great location that is accessible to transportation, supermarket, and a couple of fast food restaurants. The hotel rooms are modern and the decor is nice. The food on the actually resort is a bit pricey especially if you do not have all inclusive. I have been to this hotel several times over the course of many years, but each time it was a different hotel. I first busted when it was the Radisson, then Sheraton and now the Melia. Overall, I had a great time with my girlfriends

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

GExperience_MeliaNB, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Hello Cassandra C,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you visit us again should your travels lead you back to Nassau, Bahamas.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Spent four nights at Melia end of July. Over all had a good time and experience. They need to work on checking in process. Was very long and annoying. Rooms not ready till after 4p to 430p. Other than that had a very relaxing and enjoyed our vacation. Love our room and view.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dolores B
Hello Delores B,
Thank you for choosing the Melia Nassau Beach. I am so happy you enjoyed our beautiful views and guestrooms and it is great to know that you had the opportunity to relax.
I hope we have the honor of welcoming you again in the future.

Andrew Tilley,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!