I will start with what God has given the Bahamas--beautiful, unforgettable beaches and fantastic sea. You can spend hours walking along the beach or swimming, or snorkeling and it will never be enough. The hotel feels like a 3-star hotel but it has a 5-star location!
Some of the things we appreciated:
1. All areas around the hotel and the beach are beautifully maintained.
2. Good live entertainment (except for the karaoke night which was a disaster).
3. Handy Starbucks on the 2nd floor
4. Good (free) wireless connection everywhere
5. The hotel offers free beach towels, a couple of paddle boards and kayaks but the boards and kayaks are kind of laughable.
6. You can eat either in the hotel restaurants or outside (take the street in the direction to the airport) but there's no nightlife nearby.
Some of the things we disliked (not necessarily related to the hotel):
1. For no reason, your room may NOT be cleaned every day which also means you'll not get clean towels, water and coffee refills. We stayed 7 nights in the hotel and our room was cleaned only 3 times. Disappointing.
2. There is an obligatory 15% charge (they call it a "tip" for some reason) even when you buy yourself a pizza or ice-cream. I've got to say, though, that few people actually deserved to be "tipped" which made the "tip" charge frustrating. That's an unfortunate and totally demotivating country policy because it encouraged bad and reluctant service.
3. Do NOT take any snorkeling tours offered by nearby vendors because you will NOT see anything interesting where they take you. Not even a dolphin. They will promise you rainbows and unicorns but you'll get nothing. We made the mistake of buying a trip and all we saw were a couple of underwater cables.
Other than this, if you go to the Bahamas for the weather and the beach, you'll love it! If you expect good service, set your bar low.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas