“Highly disappointed with massages”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Windermere West Spa
Ranked #11 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Nassau
Reviewed 17 August 2014

In July 2014, My husband and I had services at the West location. We booked two massages, two spa pedicures and hair and nails for me. All services went well and were enjoyable except for the massages. I booked a swedish massage and my husband a deep tissue massage. We both felt the quality of the massages were below average and unsatisfactory. We do enjoy massages and regularly have one on our trips so we were quite excited for our appointments today. I booked my husband for an 80 minute massage and the therapist asked him if he is sure he would like an "80" minute massage. He said yes and the massage still only lasted for 60 minutes. He did not ask for the additional time as he did not enjoy it and was happy it ended. He described it as merely applying oil to him. I also felt that my 50 minute massage was a waste of my money and time. I do however love and enjoy all the other services offered here but I will not book massage appointments going forward when I visit Nassau. I do recommend training sessions for the massage therapist at the West location as the massages offered are not up to standard. I did email the spa and received no response to my complaint.

1  Thank CH1222

Reviewed 27 January 2014

So I booked them for hair and makeup on my wedding day. The girls were very punctual. The girl who did my hair(Dika) showed up 10 minutes to 9 and the girl who did my makeup(Randika) showed up at 9:00AM. So far so good.

I showed Dika a picture of how I wanted my hair to look like..it almost looked liked in the picture but not quite..because the wedding was on the beach and it was windy some pieces of hair 'were waving'in the wind and it ruined some of my pictures.

Now the makeup...because she didn't apply the makeup in the front of a mirror so I could see it from start to finish I only saw it when she finished. I told her I wanted a light make-up because it was a day wedding to be more précised, the wedding was at NOON..When she finished the makeup and I saw it I thought I was going to have a heart attack..I think I had at least 6 layers of foundation on my face and the eyebrows weren’t even straight not to mention even..I wiped off as much makeup as I could but unfortunately there wasn't enough time for me to redo it by MYSELF. It looked horrible!!! I ve never had an worst makeup not to mention on MY wedding day!!!

Windermere was very expensive - I paid $400 for hair and makeup for whatttt??? I wasn't going to leave this public review but I can’t just let other brides having their special day ruined because of their hair and makeup.. I mean seriously?? I am paying almost half grand to ruin my day?? Is it a joke???

I would never recommend them for anything. I give them 2 stars for being punctual and the great customer service they had over the e-mail but the service was HORRENDUS!!!

3  Thank Adrianac1981