If the measure of a place's greatness is by how well it makes us forget the rest of the world, then Compass Point ranks among the best. You'll instantly enter vacation mode walking on the premises, knowing you have no obligation but to relax and have fun. Your options are beach, pool, bar, and porch. The room was a hybrid of rustic and modern; comfortable, clean, and provided enough amenities to add convenience. Love the Aveda products especially. The cooking area was a nice addition since you don't have many options for food on the resort - however you will find superior quality at the restaurant. Make sure you sit right up against the water for the best view of the ocean at sunset!
As for the courteous staff... Special thanks to Aneeka for her friendliness at the desk and for going above and beyond her usual duties to ensure we knew some local insider tips, such as walking down the street to get local flavor in the form of a conch salad. Nadia was awesome at the bar/restaurant and she made us feel like her friends after being there just a couple of days.
If I had to name one drawback.. and it was a big one.. the choice of soundtrack in the bar/restaurant/pool area. It was constantly looping the worst 90s music you could think of. A suggestion.. if you are going to use satellite radio, go with a more island/tropical theme to fit the setting, perhaps a Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett station. Fortunately, once you are back in your room, all you hear is the ocean so you can easily leave that soundtrack behind.
Other than that, I would definitely go back for another true Bahamian experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau