“Just got back :((”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just got back :((”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

So myself and my daughter who is 9 just got back from our trip to Compass Point last night. My review of the resort is as follows- it's very cute- that's why i picked it. Our room was 118 and other than the ants that were in the bed and bathroom and the temperature of the room-naturally there are only screens on the windows and a wall ac unit -all was pretty ok. The view from the balcony and easy access to the private cove made the room issues bearable. My only BIG complaint was the restaurant. The food that was actually got was ok- not great- but ok. The service in said restaurant was another story. When & IF someone actually came to the table it didn't seem as if they wanted to be very much service. I totally felt as if I was ASKING TOO MUCH to ask for anything. More so I found this in the day staff than the evening. Between the constantly having to flag someone down to place order, to get water, or a menu- there seemed to be several different servers to ask if u needed anything, yet everything seemed to take FOREVER to actually get to you. Bill after the long ordeal included. Someone told me the Bahamas works on two speeds-Slow and SLOWER. This is so true. So much so that we stopped even going there to eat. We just went to market and used in room fridge for cereal and sandwiches. All in all the rainstorms and the service in the only place to eat anything were a bit of a change for us, but it's hard to be unhappy in such a happy looking place. I will be back as soon as we can. Hopefully they will have a better trained kitchen and wait staff by then. If not it's back to the store we go. :)

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the restaurant I would think have to deal w far more bar noise - a few nights th...
5 Thank Shannon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed at Compass Point Beach Resort for one week to relax and relax we did. The super helpful front desk agent, Aneka, had paddle boards delivered to the resort, we spent the several days soaking up the sun at Love Beach. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful... Compass Point is the perfect getaway. We both got great massages at the resort spa & sipped on mojito's. I highly recommend this resort if you want to simply chill out and take in the scenery, especially the breathtaking sunsets from the dock ;)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Aubreyh1
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from the most incredible vacation at Compass Point! This was my first time to the Bahamas and I wasn't sure whether to go for the all-inclusive, action-packed type of hotel (like Atlantis) or a quieter, smaller place like Compass Point. I am SO HAPPY I chose Compass Point because it was truly everything I was hoping an island get-away would be, and then some!

The location and grounds of the hotel were breath-taking, the staff was delightful, and the restaurant and bar were just delicious! I enjoyed several Bahama Mamas from the bar (highly recommend!) and found there were many vegetarian options for me, which was a huge plus.

I traveled with my parents and we stayed in a 2-BR Elevated Sea Hut (room 106). It was absolutely stunning and it was a great set-up for a group of 3, as they had their own bedroom and bathroom and mine was just down the stairs. The bathroom for the 2nd bedroom is kind of funny - it is an outdoor shower (there were walls around it, but it is kind of like a hut) and the toilet and sink were in a little room just a few steps away from the shower. I didn't mind that set-up, but it might not be for everyone. On the 3rd day there, the staff noticed a very small leak in the roof of my bedroom and took it upon themselves to offer to move me to a larger, separate elevated sea hut (room 118), which was a huge unexpected bonus! It showed their attention to detail and excellent customer service. Having experienced both rooms, I would highly recommend either to any guest considering a trip to Compass Point.

We took a bus into the downtown Nassau area, and it was VERY busy, touristy, and there were aggressive street vendors that were a turn off to me. I have to say, after going to other parts of the island, I was even more appreciative to get back to the beautiful, serene, gem that is Compass Point! True relaxation and serenity. I would give it 10 stars if I could!!!!

Room Tip: 101-104 are the smallest rooms right next to the bar and pool...I would avoid those ones. All rooms...
8 Thank Meg H
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2014

One of our best vacations ever! My husband, daughter and I stayed at this remote gem for 5 days and had beautiful beaches and a fun resort almost to ourselves. Went to downtown Nassau for part of a day on one of the many area busses and couldn't wait to get back to the unspoiled tranquility of this beautiful resort. I've never written a review before, but I HIGHLY recommend Compass Point for a unique and memorable vacation!

Room Tip: Each room is unique, but at least one had the shower/bathroom outside from the bedroom hut that you...
3 Thank Paula H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I held out wedding at Compass Point this past July (2014) and we can't say enough good things about our experience. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the food delicious, and the staff was wonderful. The ceremony was held on the pier, which made for a wonderful, 'not the typical beach setting', backdrop. The cocktail hour was help in the gazebo, which was filled with benches, couches, and chairs. Dinner started on the sun deck, but between the appetizer and mean course it started to rain. The resort staff was very quick to pick up and move everything into the restaurant with barely a hitch in the evening. Their responsiveness was greatly appreciated. Maybe of the places we visited in Nassau were run on 'island time' aka, very slowly, Compass Point was NOT one of them. The food was fantastic, we even returned a few nights later to have dinner off their regular menu, which was also delicious.

Thank you Anita and staff for helping to make our wedding fantastic! I really can't say enough good things about Compass Point.

Room Tip: A perfect place for a wedding
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank zeubeegirl5
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I had a great time for the four nights we stayed at Compass Point Beach Resort. It is less than 10 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes to town. Taxis are generally vans and cost over twenty bucks to ride to town, but buses are just bigger vans and cost under two bucks for the same ride. Take the buses, it is safe and can be fun. It is not the party place, but quiet and peaceful, which is why we chose to stay there. I did not want to stay at the Atlantis area or anywhere near the town. There are only 18 bungalows/rooms and each one is feet from the water. If you turn off the air conditioning at night you can hear the ocean from your bed. The grounds are very small, but clean. The place attracts nice people. We made several friends while there. At high tide there is not a beach in front of the resort, but you can still walk down some steps and swim in the calm water, or walk right past bungalow 13 and down some steps to a wonderful beach right next to the property and walk for miles. The pier is picture perfect and great for jumping off of into the ocean. The food was good, but the service was a bit slow. Nadia is the best waitress on staff. She is the most outgoing and moves the fastest. Breakfast is included with your room, but not gratuity. It seemed that every restaurant we ate at in the Bahamas automatically included gratuity of fifteen percent, so please leave more if you get great service. If you get the privilege to have Aneeka at the front desk when you arrive you are blessed, because she is the most friendly and helpful with any information you need to know about the resort or the island.

For the owners - a few minor notes for improvement:
Please get new cushions/pads for the lounge chairs.
Please keep the band's volume on Thursday and Saturday turned down low.
Have all the wait staff trained by Nadia and and the front desk staff trained by Aneeka on how to improve their customer service.

Overall.......I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to my closest friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank D K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed At Compass Point last month for several days with my Wife- had such a memorable stay, I am writing my first TripAdvisor review!

Service was TOP NOTCH from front desk who helped us locate tennis courts, to the general manager, Seth, who made us feel at home from check-in to check-out.

Kudos to the kitchen - every meal was great - Try the fresh fish dishes!

The resort has resident cab drivers - always on time - front desk agents have great suggestions for activities

Love Beach - the resorts private beach is picture perfect -

Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaribTennis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#4 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Compass Point Beach Resort? Share your experiences!