“Quiet Area near attractions”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Samantha6...
Belton, Missouri
“Easy breezy.”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Nice place... Short bus ride downtown to the shops, close to Fish Fry as well as the beach. Staff was helpful & friendly. My husband and I had a beautiful trip and would book again, Thx Guys!

Tania N
“Quiet Area near attractions”
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The location is within a 10-15 minute walk to a convenience store, restaurant, zoo and beaches. The area was quiet and people were very friendly. A ride was set up for us and the driver, gave us a brief tour and provided great insights. Errol responded every question or concern quickly and was a phone call away. Thank you!

Your age range 25-34
Torri K
Florida
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

So I left a super long review previously and I just returned from a week long stay. This is basically like a second home for me now. The onsite manager Emmanuel is like a bro--he greeted us like old friends. We were back in our spot close to the Fish Fry and downtown. Lots of construction going on in the downtown area and I read in one of the newspapers that the tourism folks are trying to improve the scene for all the cruise ship passengers and other visitors so this is a perfect spot to access the restaurants, bars, and other cultural sites downtown. And also must give a shout out to the Bahama Grill that is very nearby at the corner of W. Bay St and St. Albans--the beef ribs, mash potatoes and macaroni were on point! You will find details for ordering in the tourist binder in your room. As usual it was very easy to book with Errol who is very responsive. I hope to be back in November. Thanks for everything guys!

mlbrebnor
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Decent Stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I was in Nassau for Valentine's day for a few nights. I needed a place for a decent price since hotels on the island charge ridiculous rates. I booked at the Oasis for 3 nights, and I'm glad I did. My unit was basic and clean which is all I really needed for my short stay.

78benjami...
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Authentic, affordable , hideaway”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

The long review left by the lady running in the marathon was the reason I finally booked with Errol at the Oasis. So glad I did. My wife and I traveled to Nassau for a number of reasons.Vacation , visit friends , and look at a prospective job.This location is in a very centralize area for travel throughtout the island and its activities. Errol and staff were very helpful,and kind. Wifi operated well , everything was clean and worked well. Hope to make friends with Errol and Kenny.Wouldnt hesitate to stay with them again!

Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Torri K
Florida
“Super location close to Fish Fry; Zoo; Downtown”
Reviewed 5 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I was in Nassau to run a half marathon that begin and ended at Arawak Key/Fish Fry so that's the main reason I selected this rental--it was a 15 minute walk to the starting line. I'm a traveler (not a tourist) so I prefer to embed myself within a community and move around with local people. I say that because I know everyone has different comfort levels so take that into consideration as you consider my review. Interactions with the the owner, were hassle free--he responded to email very promptly and answered all my questions. He also stopped by to check on us the day after we arrived and he was very pleasant and friendly. His assistant Emmanuel was on property to assist whenever we needed him. We had a one room rental on the first floor and received the key and access gate clicker because we had a rental car. The accommodations are basic but we had all the essentials. We went to a grocery store to get some food items and drinks because there was a small fridge and a stove which we used to heat up soup and sausages. The room has a full size bed and a twin, sitting chair and a TV with cable and WiFi. The WiFi was very stable and we used it for our phones to use Whatsapp and Skype which was very convenient.

The day after the half, I walked everywhere because I needed to stretch my legs out. The Oasis is located in the area at Bay Street and St. Albans on a residential street with modest single family homes and other multi-family dwellings. St. Albans itself is residential up until you get closer to Bay street where it becomes more industrial with businesses. Two streets over going east on Bay off Chippingham is the Botanical Gardens and Ardastra Zoo. I walked there to visit the zoo, then I walked to the Fish Fry to have conch salad at Twin Brothers, then I headed further east along the waterfront past Jukanoo Beach and into town. I visited the public library, historical society museum and the area around the Graycliff Hotel before heading back. In total I would say it was a little over 4 miles of walking so not a short jaunt but definitely doable if you are active and like moving around on foot. We felt completely comfortable walking around and in fact when we walked to the race start on Sunday morning at 5:30 am, there wasn't a soul moving about and you could hear a pin drop seriously. It was a good trip and I would definitely stay at the Oasis again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The location and free WiFi
Liked least: Minor issue with the hot water; onsite manager resolved this for us
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Jia Q
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“you get what you paid for”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

This is one of the cheapest place you can find in Nassau, but you get what you paid for.

The host Errol is a very nice man, and he helped us a lot, such as arrange taxi and pack and go for my son to sleep in. also, the wi-fi signal was okay for my husband to work.

I also like the location of the rental place (which is more like a motel which has a little kitchen), it is with walking distance to the zoo, which my son like the flamingo show and feeding parrot a lot! and you can also walk to the fish and fry place to the east or a KFC place to the west to grab food. There is also a small continence store at the south of the place where you can buy water and milk, about 5 min walk. You can take bus #10 west to cable beach, or east to downtown (where the cruise ship parks), but if you want to go to the paradise island, then you need to transfer to another bus, or take a taxi.

Above are the thing we like, the things we do not like are:
1, first day right after our arrival, we saw a car robbery near the property, and we do see police car patrol in the neighbourhood every day.
2, there are about 20 mosquitoes inside the room, and I saw a huge cockroach, which scared me to death, and a baby cockroach somehow dropped to my arm while I was using the wash room!
3, the room has a smell, a combination of smoking smell and humid smell? anyway, all our clothes smells like hell after 3 nights stay.

Basically you get what you paid for, very fair.

Liked best: location
Liked least: room condition
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 May 2015
Hi Jia, Thanks for the very informative first review on "Flip key". In terms of price, comfort and safety this is by far the best property near beaches and the city centre and we've hosted guest from all over the world who have displayed great satisfaction with the accommodations. 90% of my bookings for this unit goes through other vacation home rental sites and there you will witness raving reviews for this property.

You mentioned an incident (Police arresting an individual) that your family witnessed on your date of arrival however I would like to make it very clear that it occurred on the the Main West Bay Street(not in the immediate neighborhood of the complex) which is the main coastal road that runs through the entire island to all major hotels. Overall West Bay Street is very safe and has an excellent police presence. That incident was very random and not a representation of what happens on West Bay Street regularly. Your family walked West Bay Street on a daily basis to The Ardasrta Gardens Zoo, Fish Fry, nearby beaches and the convenient store for the remainder of your stay so I'm sure you can attest to the overall safety of the area.

Also, all of my units are exterminated biannually and we do not have an insect problem. However some guest do leave their doors open at times to enjoy the fresh Bahamian breeze and as a result insects may enter the unit that way. Overall we've never had prior complaints of insects or smoking odors but we have made note of your personal experience and will ensure that no one else experiences that.

Once again thanks for your detailed review and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards

Errol
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing