All reviews close to downtown junkanoo beach big flat screen iron board free continental breakfast west bay street one night stay front desk staff stayed here partial ocean view fish fry yogurt would stay here again beautiful hotel minute walk walking distance pool side
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Easy close to downtown. The staff was wonderful and the rooms clean and nice. Free towels and chairs for the beach which is right across the street. Wear water shoes there are rocks in the sand going into the water. You can walk on them but you will be more comfortable with shoes. There are drinks and bars s on beach but most only open on weekends.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank laserlady44
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your kind comments Laserlady44!

I will share your thoughts with our staff as they are working hard to give our guests the best experience possible in Nassau.

Although Junkanoo beach is public, we are driving a voluntary beach cleanup next month where we will come together with some of our beach neighbors and do a sweep of the rocks to make it a better experience for everyone.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Nassau on your next visit!

Cordially,

Reviewed 28 July 2018

We expected a rather quiet place near quiet beach, but was quite noisy and crowded.
Hotel charged extra Energy Levy and Resort Fee plus VAT tax with $48.86/ day, which was very high. I do not know other hotels may charge similar extras to visitors. Breakfast was terrible. People at the hotel was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kdoi2017
EricR4002, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi kdoi2017,

So sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you. Firstly let me say that I personally apologize for your experience being less than excellent at the hotel. I am the new General Manager and would like to invite you back to experience all of the changes and improvements that have been made in the last few months.

I can confirm that all hotels in Nassau charge VAT tax and other levies and fees. We have made it a point to publish this information across our reservations channels and it should print also on your reservation confirmation. I agree that there should be no surprises to start your visit at a hotel.

We have upgraded all of our breakfast buffet in the last 45 days and I am pleased to confirm that we are now making everything fresh daily using locally sourced ingredients. We have added a freshly made waffle station and a local specialty that is currently Bahamian yellow grits with tuna. Its amazing and delicious!

Thank you for your comments, they are extremely valuable to us as we strive to become the best hotel in Downtown Nassau / Junkanoo beach.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The hotel is really well located, walking distance from the Downtown area, where one can find the straw market (good to buy souvenirs), shops, restaurants, and the pier. It is also across the street from Junkanoo Beach. Literally across the street.

If you want to enjoy some typical local food, go to the Fish Fry, where a bunch of small local restaurants serve fresh seafood.

If you want to go to Paradise Island, where the Atlantis is located at, or Cable Beach, where Baha Mar is located at, you can take a cab (about $15 to $20 a ride), or take a local bus (about 1,25$).

The breakfast at the hotel is very simple. Eggs, bacon, potatos, sausage, cereal, iogurt, fruits, juice, tea, coffee and water.

Pool is small but has a bar.

Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Hotel offers a shuttle that is NOT complementary. Costs US$ 15,00 PER PERSON each way.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorrane C
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback Lorrane C. It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests and have them enjoy our privileged location and excellent staff.

Like you, we have identified that our breakfast experience can be elevated and I am very happy to announce that we are going to have an entirely new display and menu selection in the near future. We are going to a more healthy and locally sourced menu that will feature rotating variety and featured Caribbean & Latin breakfast choices on a daily basis.

We are also upgrading our pool experience to improve its ambiance and fun factor.

Thank you again and I look forward to greeting you personally on your next visit to Nassau.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

The hotel is located right across from the Junkanoo beach and near downtown area. It has an outdoor pool that is open until sunset. It also has a bar. The breakfast is complimentary which is a plus. They also offer shuttle service, which we used for the pick up and drop off at the airport which costs $15 per person.

Upon our arrival, I asked the front desk if I could cancel our original reservation without penalty and make a new one since I saw a cheaper rate on the app of IHG. She said no, and still charged us the first night even if it was technically a duplicate reservation. When we went into our room, we did not had any soap. When I stopped by at the front desk to ask for it, she said they don't have anything so I had to wait in the morning. For the next 2 nights, the housekeepers did not leave us shampoo as well. I had to call every night to ask someone to bring it up, or I could pick it up.

On the other hand, you would hear the noise coming from the street with cars honking, and from the restaurants at the beach playing music.

Aside from that, it was a good stay because of its location and accessibility from the tourists attractions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JPVWorld
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Jianzel V,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed our location by the beach and downtown as well as our complimentary breakfast bar. We continue to strive for improvements in every facet of our offer and service.

I would like to take a look further into your first nights reservation if you would like to contact me directly, but let me reassure you that for future bookings our web sight direct ill always have the best rate available through "Your Rate" and the IHG Rewards Club.

If your booking was made through a third party, unfortunately many times they are very restrictive of changes and cancellations.

Lastly, I have looked into the situation regarding our amenities and I can confirm that we have adjusted procedures internally to correct that shortfall. My apologies for that.

Hopefully we will see you in future visits to Nassau! Please contact me on your next stay with us so that I can say hi personally and ensure you an excellent experience!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Comfort room, felt like the typical concrete beach style hotel, even though not on the beach. Great service, basic pool, so-so breakfast but got the value we paid for. A little noisy but overall simple affordable stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments llsutter,

While many places would be comfortable with being considered a simple affordable stay, we are striving to make the changes to make the Holiday Inn Express Nassau a real travel destination experience!

We have made many changes in the last 45 days including a great breakfast and upgrading our beach hut experience!

Hopefully you will come back and experience all of these upgrades and be able to comment back on all of our improvements!

Warm regards,