“Food not great”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Food was not that impressive for the price......it was buffet style....meat was dry....miniature cupcakes were super dry...some things were good but not for what you spend in there

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Service was very kind and generous. Food was excellent but the prices where way to high. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you want to spend 50 dollars per person for food that is filling and you can't finish. I would recommend going there if you want to go for very nice and kind people as servers.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went for dinner with two kids off season on a weekday. The 8 year old was the only one disappointed we were not going back. And that is because of the chocolate dipping fountain (she was sold), which I also thought was really good.

Honestly, any buffet here in Toronto, that I've been to, is better.
I've never been to a buffet with so many inedible items.

This place was large and clean and the seats were comfortable, tables big. The service a bit slow, but not too badly.

It was the food that did me in.

Sushi - inedible
Fish dishes - leather consistency
Chili - the most disgusting, according to my husband, basically beans in tomato sauce
Indian food selections - watered down flavours, same for all dishes, not at all what indian food should taste like.
Fruit and vegetable selection - very limited. Basically melon and romaine lettuce. A few grapes.

There was a grill your own selections station. Did not try it, as it looked like an unnecessary mess with the cooks piling up way too much for the cooking surface's size. Also, they were using soy, teriyaki, chili sauces for flavouring, and I just didn't want to wait around for stuff I've had before.

Good things:
Grilled steak pieces - tender and not overcooked, we all enjoyed
Cheeze pizza - cheezy and good sauce and dough
Pot roast - also cooked well
Potatoes gratine - delicious
Chicken pot pie - simply excellent, don't know how they did that so well and screwed up so many other things.
Meatloaf - good flavours and texture
Mexican torillas/tacos station - was good for taking the lettuce, tomatoes and such to have as a fresh veggie salad. Nice and crisp.

Overall, no one will leave hungry. But for $56 pp I would rather not have an adventure in "let's see how my stomach reacts". There are other better options around.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Inside the Atlantis Royal Towers is their buffet dining restaurant for breakfast and dinner. We like to do the value dining plan but either way this restaurant provides for us the flexibility of just walking down when the 11 of us get hungry. No reservations, not dressy (no swim suits etc), and great service. Kids can get whatever they want (its vacation right), and adults can try Roast Beef, Pasta Bar, Omeletter Bar and a Dessert Bar as big as Luby's! Thsi place also makes the BEST mixed Bahama Mama!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our family has vacationed at the Atlantis Hotel many times. Our favorite place to dine is the Market Place. There is a wide variety of food to please everyone for breakfast or dinner. What really makes the Market Place even more special to us is the wonderful staff starting with the hostess, Annamae, who greets you with a beautiful smile. Miling in the baking area is friendly, helpful and always happy to see us. We fell in love with her and her coconut biscuits/rolls, "delicious". The Market Place is very fortunate to have her as an employee. Nadine is also very special. She too is always cheerful and greets us warmly. These three women do a great job and the Market Place is our favorite dining spot because of them and the wonderful food they create and the way they make us feel, like family.
Keep smiling ladies.