“10 Stars out of 5! Perfect for island getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
5 minutes away from the Remarkable Saunders Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
5 minutes away from the Remarkable Saunders Beach
Living Room with lots of seating
Queen Size Bed (Memory Foam Mattress)
Large Closet Space with Ironing board and iron
Flat Screen TV with over 40 Cable Channels
Bathroom relaxing and comfortable
Take a warm bath or cool shower
Towels Provided
Laundry Basket for clothing & Towels
Spacious Courtyard. Perfect skies and native birds
Popular Junkanoo Beach. (Western Esplanade)  Just 5 minutes away. (2km)
Map to Western Esplanade
Ardastra Gardens & Zoo
Arawak Cay (Fish Fry)
Water Sports available
Playground on Saunders Beach
Goodman's Bay is ideal for activities, including water sports and American football
Atlantis Water Park
Tie the knot on our beautiful beaches
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Elizabeth...
“10 Stars out of 5! Perfect for island getaway!”
Reviewed 19 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't say enough how much my husband and I loved staying in this condo. First of all, when we opened the door, everything looked just like the pictures online. The condo was very clean. Very spacious for 2 people. We were so glad that we did not get a hotel in Nassau. Theron picked us up from the airport and took us to the grocery store, then to the fish fry. The food from the restaurant he recommended to us was so delicious, and the portions were so large it took me 3 days to finish!
The neighborhood was very quiet and safe, even when we walked home at night. Neighbors were friendly, quiet, and respectful. On of their cute little dogs even came to say hello and take us to our doorstep our first night!

There are 2 air conditioning units, one in bedroom, one in living room; both work very well! There are also ceiling fans. The seating in the living room was very comfortable (sofa, loveseat, and chair as well as 2 barstools). The bed was very comfortable as well. The showers had hot and cold water and the pressure was great. The towels provided were like new, not worn at all. The wifi was strong and steady. This condo felt very much like home for us.

Jay was always a call or text message away, and willing to provide anything that we felt was lacking during our stay. She was also very helpful before we even arrived by answering questions and arranging a ride from the airport for us. We didn't bring any coffee filters with us, once we mentioned it to her, her mom brought us some coffee filters and a variety of teas for brewing the very next morning. There were plenty of dishes for 2 people to use. The full size refrigerator worked great. We also used the kettle to boil water for tea. That was the extent of our use of the stove, as we wanted to enjoy as much of the local cuisine as we could during our short stay in the Bahamas.

The condo was tastefully decorated.

This condo is walking distance to the Fish Fry, (which we spent a lot of time at), Junkanoo Beach, and downtown. Any location beyond that we called Theron, and he was able to take us where we needed to go. He was very timely in picking us up and the AC in the car worked great!

I was kind of sad when it was time to leave. I felt very at home here, like I could stay here forever...just need to find me a job on the island! I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to get a local vibe and enjoy plenty of space, rather than being cramped in a hotel room. We definitely plan on coming back and staying in this awesome condo! Thank you Jay and Theron for everything!

Your age range 25-34
nnmercman
Camberley, United Kingdom
“It just wasn't for us”
Reviewed 26 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a rental car so drove to the apartment - fortunately Jay gave us good directions as it was difficult to find (no obvious number/name) - not sure you'd ever find it at night on your own (I'll include a couple of roadside photos to help future guests!) We like travelling independently and so chose this over a hotel. Unfortunately it was too basic for us and we left after one night of the four originally booked. There's insufficient kitchen utensils/pans etc, no kettle or coffee maker (so if you want a hot drink you'd have to boil a pan), no hairdryer or bedside tables (we used the kitchen bar stools!) or bedside table lamps. Also the apartment is not facing the sun so the interior's dark and could do with freshening up. The surrounding area and apartments are run down and it's a long walk to anywhere if you don't have your own transport.

On the positive - the bed was comfortable (although my wife said the plastic protector made her sweat a bit), the aircon is efficient and quiet, the area was quiet and Jay was always immediately contactable.

In my opinion this apartment can best be described as "rustic" so if you're happy to live off the grid then this could be for you.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Peace and quiet/bed/helpful Jay
Liked least: Lack of condo facilities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Nov 2016
Greetings Deborah– Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

I was very disappointed when you said you were leaving after one day, especially after giving you a tour of the rental and you stating that you liked it. That was a huge surprise to me.

Per your comments, we have
added a coffee pot, kettle and hair dryer to assist with making our guest more comfortable. These were already in the works and I would have gotten these the very next day if I knew they were important for you to enjoy your stay. Unfortunately I was not given the opportunity to show you how important making our guests happy is to us.

After review of the website, I can confirm that my listing was accurate as I never advertised those things, however we sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance.

The outside of the building is being painted and repaired due to damages from hurricane Mathew and overall regular maintenance, hence the priming of the building. Thank you for the pics as they confirm the outside is still kept clean.

Fish Fry, Bay Street, Adastra gardens and Beaches are within walking distance, so I'm confused as to the comments there. These are confirmed by google maps, that are in pics of the property. Also when you arrived I drove as you as your husband followed in the rental car to show you just how close everything was.

I understand that it was just not for you, but I hardly think that stainless steel appliances, wooden cabinets, granite coutertops and porcelain tiles can be described as rustic, however you are entiled to your opinion. I have taken a picture as well of the sunlight beaming though the windows, it just required the opening of the blinds.

I hope you liked the recommendations I sent you for restaurants for your husbands birthday and I hoped you enjoyed.

kanita d
“The Perfect Home Away From Home ....”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

a perfect jewel i literally wanted to stay in this little condo forever clean cute the bed wasn't so comfy but everything else made up for that the owner Jay and driver Theron made me feel as if i were right at home each time i come to the Bahamas i plan to stay at this property .. close to everything convenient to the bus stop which provides transportation around for only $1.25 morning walks on the beach were breathtaking we were only walking distance away from the fish fry which has amazing food ... i am Bahamas home sick already i cant wait to return i am also a travel agent and i plan to recommend this property to any of my clients traveling to the Bahamas thanks for a great stay until next time....

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the privacy and cleanliness of the property
Liked least: mattresses
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
8 Dec 2016
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review, we appreciate your feedback. I am happy you had a good stay and it felt like home. I hope to see you on your next stay in The Bahamas. It was certainly a pleasure hosting you.

mlbrebnor
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a nice simple condo near the fish fry that is a good choice if you are familiar with the island already. It was easy to get to places because of the location. It is close enough to the bus stop to walk, and has a parking space if you have a car.

The condo was clean, and has everything needed for cooking simple meals. There is only one television located in the bedroom. The bedroom was a decent size, but the bed was not very comfortable. This probably would have been a problem if I stayed longer than 3 nights.

Overall, I had a decent experience and would recommend it to friends who travel to Nassau often.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: The Bed and mattress
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
8 Dec 2016
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review, we appreciate your feedback. It was certainly nice hosting you and I hope to see you again on your next stay to The Bahamas.

barbara s
“If your looking to live like a local this is your place.”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

If you looking for glitz and glam this is not your place. But this condo was simple and cute for the price. There is no pool and it is a little walk or bus ride to the beach. But if your wanting to live like a local for a bit that is, what you will get. I feel like it made our trip that much more adventurous, because we never knew what we were getting into that day, we had to get up and just go every morning.

The property was nice, I felt as though it could of been a little cleaner though. When we arrive to the condo there was water in the shower and the sink like someone literally just left the place. My boyfriend and I are very "go with the flow" type people so we didn't really complain. The condo is pretty much in walking distance to fish fry and more of the local downtown area. With that being said you better like to walk, cause we did A LOT of walking. They do have there these cute little buses you can take around the whole town for a dollar. So that helped a lot on our daily adventures.

Also just so you know, if you are a morning coffee person like us make SURE you request one prior to trip, they did not have one there. Every morning was a different adventure for us upon our quest for coffee. It was fun for the most part, but It would of been nice to have one there. Also there is NO washer and dryer there. If you were staying longer than 5 days like us, be prepared!

Liked best: The daily adventures
Liked least: No pool. Beach was a little far away.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
Hello Barb,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. It was certainly an adventure hosting you, while we had a few mishaps with following house rules after we spoke I felt that we were on the same page and it was smooth sailing from there. I note your comments about the shower and please note that the house is cleaned and inspected by myself for every guest. The cleanliness is top priority all of my guest have appreciated this eye to detail. Certainly we clean thoroughly before and after each guest. The water in the tub was a result of a leak and was resolved after this was brought to my attention. There is now a coffee maker at the condo and many upgrades since your stay. It is a place to get the full Bahamian exposure as residents in the complex are locals of the Bahamas. It's quiet as the condo complex is occupied by professional Bahamians who are friendly.

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed the adventure!!

Jay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing