“Fresh Seafood on the Marina”
Review of Cafe Martinique

Cafe Martinique
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
LA, CA
“Fresh Seafood on the Marina”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Initially we were to be seated in the middle of the dining room right next to someone else. My wife spoke up and we were able to obtain a fairly private window table with views of the huge yachts in the marina. This helped make the evening a very romantic and special one. The service was exemplary and the seafood was fresh and tasty. I read a previous review that stated that the staff did not seem attentive about food allergies, that wasn't the case for us. We had the server go speak with the chef multiple times without any attitude or issue. The prices were high but so was the quality of the food, service and experience. There is no question that Café Martinique provides the best dining experience on Paradise Island.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank beachman77

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I ate there while staying at Atlantis. We were hoping for that special meal. While the ambiance is upscale, there is little intimacy for a romantic dinner. The view is nice if you can be seated by a window overlooking the marina. My Snapper was fair to average but my wife couldn't even cut thru her steak. In an apparent act of desperation she even mentioned that my steaks tasted better! Price for both of us with 1 drink each , 270$.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank traveldocsx2
Ashburn, Virginia
“Fine dining that was enjoyed by the whole family”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was wonderful to me, my husband and twin ten year old sons. It was their first time at a super fancy place. The staff made them feel at home. From the beginning to end, the food was wonderful. We had the shrimp cocktail to share. One of my sons ordered the grouper fingers off the kids menu. The other son had the lobster tail. All the dishes were lovely. The best was the chocolate soufflé. It was perfect. The other nice thing was the pace of dinner. Leisurely but not too slow either. Just right.

Visited November 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Changes have ruined this place...”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Been coming to Atlantis for years, and this was our favorite place. New management at hotel has come in and made horrific changes across the board, and this was one of their targets!

Its ashame, we loved this place and now its just average. No more table side Caesar Salads, Bannanas Foster is horrific (was amazing), and menu changes removing items or changing preparation have cheapened the experience....

Go off property...this place isnt what it was!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank prouss134439
Florida
“Not for the riff raff!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Looking at some of the reviews here I wonder if they went to the same place I did. I have eaten here many, many times and have never been disappointed... not ever ... not in the least. It is an upscale resort and this is an upscale restaurant. When you are in a "foreign country", things are different. Food is prepared differently. I found the service impeccable, the food terrific and the cocktails fairlly poured.

No, this is not for the riff raff ... and I like it that way.

• Visited April 2013