As of this review, The Ocean Club is currently rated 7 out of 14 on Paradise Island by the reviewers on Trip Advisor - and that speaks to the outrageous inadequacy of this system. To suggest that the Comfort Suites may be two spots higher in rank? ABSURD. Not only is Ocean Club easily the finest hotel in The Bahamas but it is one of the best hotel experiences I have found on the planet to date.
From the very second you arrive on property, your serene escape is assured. Every detail has been thought of, every tradition upheld, every staff member completely committed to your comfort and every comfort provided. It is 'fantasy island' in the very best sense of those words. I encountered the warmest smiles, the MOST delicious food at Dune Restaurant, the perfect beach experience, exotic gardens, bedding beyond perfection and thoughtful amenities around every corner. Champagne delivered to the room at sundown daily? Wow, that's a beautiful touch.
I have a VERY hard time relaxing. Anywhere. The Ocean Club transported me to a place of tranquility that I rarely experience. They took care of everything with the perfect balance of casual and very proper and attentive. It was always welcoming, gracious and sincere. When it was time to check out, I genuinely hated handing me keys over to the front desk. That's what I call a successful hotel stay.
The fact that it is connected to Atlantis with complimentary Ocean Club shuttle made dining and entertaining very easy to charge and experience before 'escaping' back to my private retreat. I CANNOT wait to return and only hope that absolutely nothing changes because this was one perfect hotel stay. There may be a genuine reason it is called the 'One & Only' Ocean Club - because in my mind, that is absolute truth in advertising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island