As another reviewer recently stated, we really wanted to love this place. We stayed at Ocean Club for four nights followed by Cove Atlantis for two. We weren't blind to the discrepancies between the two properties going into this trip, but figured that one would have more to appreciate for the adults and the other for our kids and therefore there would be something for everyone.
Check in was easy and our room which was a lovely ocean /beach front suite in the Crescent wing was spacious and clean. The worst thing about the room (and somewhat surprising given the cost) was the mattress quality. Soft doesn't begin to describe it. If you are a side sleeper you would actually roll onto your back because the mattress was that unsupportive. I am 120 pounds. This shouldn't have been a problem. My husband had backaches for the duration of the trip.
Staff was very friendly for the most part. We only came across one or two lackluster staff members and one of them was in the kids corner, where they probably don't do a lot of their business anyway. There were almost no children on this resort.
The thing that made Ocean Club so much less than it could have been for us was the fact that we couldn't use the ocean. Perhaps this was our fault. The winds were whipping and the ocean water was so choppy that the ocean was unusable. This was rain or shine. We knew we were at the tail end of rainy season but sun with rough water was something we never considered. So we had to travel to Cove Atlantis for beach use and even that was rough but not as bad as Ocean Club because the beach is somewhat protected by an inlet that slows down the intensity of the waves. So we never had the luxury and ease of being able to stay at Ocean Club for the day. The pools are less than average so they weren't a draw to remain on the property for the day. Was always a relief, though, to return to OC at end of day after madness of Atlantis.
Breakfast at Dune was a highlight and lunches and dinners were good too. Not exceptional but very good. Lawns were immaculately taken care of. Overall, for the expense of the suite, would not return. Just wasn't that mind blowing but very nice.
For less money, would return to Parrot Cay instead. The rooms were not as polished but the beach was unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, Holiday Gems and Hotels.com so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island