Having visited many "One & Only" across the planet, we are use to find an outstanding service in all hotels of this fantastic brand. The Ocean Club make us wondering why this hotel stills a member of this hotel chain. Even if we this hotel is located on a very nice spot, we are quite disappointed with our 7 nights stay given the price you pay (1500 USD the night for a very old see view ocean).
Be prepared to have a random service at all restaurants :
Breakfast : in average we got our hot beverages within 30 minutes. Do not expect to have your american breakfast finished within 90 minutes. Evening service at Dune : at least 2 hours for a regular 3 courses at dinner. Courtyard Terrace : we have been waiting 80 minutes to get our first dish on the table. "Do not care" attitude from staff.
In-room breakfast : even if the announce 35 waiting time, our first and last breakfast in the room has been delivered 55 minutes after the order.
If you have some requests be prepared to call 2 or 3 times to get them done.
Definitely we will not come back to this overpriced hotel for such a poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island