My husband and I spent Christmas 2013 here. We would not return to this hotel and would be hesitant to recommend it to friends. The price of the hotel is too high to justify the lack of service offered, and to be honest, the rooms are a little shabby...
There is a lack of urgency about the service here. After being shown to our room, we waited an age for our luggage to be delivered and when I returned to reception to collect the bags myself, they were still sitting on the steps to the hotel, with several staff members standing around chatting. This was to set the tone for the entire stay. Like a previous reviewer, we were told we had a personal butler, who consequently proved so elusive, I think we glimpsed him once....
According to the hotel information; room and suite amenities include the following:
24 hour butler service (the invisible man)
Welcome beverage (glass of lemonade)
Unpacking/packing luggage service (had to retrieve own luggage from lobby)
Garment pressing, one per guest (?)
Fresh fruit upon arrival (yes, and it was very nice)
Champagne and strawberries each afternoon (this happened on the first day only, each subsequent day it arrived later and later - after we had left the room for our 8pm dinner - and arriving back to the room at 11pm to a glass of warm, flat fizzy wine, somewhat defeats the purpose. The last night of the stay it didn't appear at all)
Pillow menu (no clue)
Mineral water (yes)
One&only ocean club caps (yes - very nice)
The food standard is actually very good, but the slow and seemingly begrudging service really made every dining experience slightly stressful. I don't want to be seated and looking at a menu for 20 minutes before anyone approaches to even offer us a drink or ask if we have any questions about the menu. This is a minimum level of service at any restaurant in the US, so receive such poor service at a supposedly high end resort is more than a little disappointing.
We have just returned from Cabo San Lucas and based purely upon our experience at the Ocean club we chose not to stay at the One & Only, Palmilla. I doubt we would risk a One & Only resort again....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island