We stayed at the O&O for 3 nights whilst attending my Brother's wedding at the hotel. Stayed in the Crescent Wing which although not as new as the Hartford Wing, was lovely. All rooms open into the central courtyard which doubles as a restaurant in the evening. Rooms were extermely comfortable, and the bed was fabulous! Champagne and strawberries delivered every evening was a bonus. Grounds are immaculate, the adult pool is beautiful with the view of the gardens and cloisters in the background (where they had their lovely wedding).
If you are considering getting married there, could not fault it in the slightest. The ceremony and location were beautiful, food was out of this world, and the staff were very attentive.
The beach is breathtaking, and the service from the beach manager & his staff is spot on. We ate at the "Dune" restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Yes, it is pricey (we paid $77 per day, per couple for breakfast), but was well worth it. Lunch wasn't too expensive ($24 club sandwich) but the portions are HUGE. However, coffee is served FOC in the lobby until 11am, and champagne & lemonade are also served there FOC between 11am and 4pm.
The car shuttle service to the Atlantis was very useful. You can also charge to your room from the Atlantis (useful when we visited the Aura nightclub there, but got carried away with the $12 per drink, and ended up with a large room bill!) After the peace & quiet of the O&O, the Atlantis comes as a bit of a shock! Think Vegas casino with lots of kids! Great if you have kids, as there is plenty to entertain, but not if you want a quiet getaway.
Overall, would definately return to the Ocean Club, and would love to visit other O&O hotels around the world. Yes, it is expensive, but what you get is an elegant, luxurious hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island