Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$325
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$187
US$1,567
US$726
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$238
  • Beachfront
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$614
HotelsClick
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$320
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
All reviewsteacher traininglife changingmorning and eveningsilent meditationspiritual practicemorning meditationinner peacevegetarian dietvacation programdaily meditationpersonal growthsun salutationsprivate bathroomdaily schedulean open mindprotein barsmeal times
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I am practicing Yoga 24 years intermittently, Last March I had been at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat in Nassau Bahamas Paradise Island for TTC (Yoga Teachers Training Course).
Course that change my life and my attitude, the TTC at the Bahamas is very well structured, it was a great experience at great energetic place with great teachers, during the TTC We also could take part in the "normal" vacation program like very interesting panel of visiting lecturer and some nice concerts.
The vegetarian food is very nice, Buffet place and tables are outdoor, either in the garden or at the beach. Since then I am vegetarian.
In total I just can recommend the Sivananda Ashram.

Room Tip: Tent spaces are located everywhere in the garden, or pay extra for room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dsvid s
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This yoga retreat is located on a breathtaking turkiz ocean beach. The yoga platforms are on the water creating the perfect view for the practice of asanas, meditation, chanting or just eating great vegetarian meals! I have been in the ashram mainly for the teachers training course. This course was one of the most important, life changing experience I had. This place allows you to look inwards, absorbing your true self with love and compassion. I arrived on my own and left with a lot of meaningful friendships from all around the world. I highly recommend this place, during high season or low, for solo travelers who seek to deepen their spiritual quest, for couples who look for a quite simple and meaningful vacation, and even for families that wish to give depth and simplicity to their loved ones! The most amazing thing in this place, other than the great yoga teachers, great food, amazing beach and interesting people, most amazing thing is that the whole place is run by yogis volunteers who give their heart to the people around them and to maintain the magic of this sacrade place on paradise!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This yoga retreat is located on the most beautiful Caribbean beach of Paradise Island, Bahamas. It's such an incredible place!! You have full access to the Caribbean blue waters from beach front cabanas, or other overnight accommodations. Breathtaking views of the crystal blue waters & white sandy beaches. The best part, the yoga deck looks out over the ocean. It's the most beautiful & inspiring che yogic experience. The ashram grounds wind back up under a tropical palm canopy covered walkways, with beautiful foliage, gardens, and flowers as you make your way to the various platforms, dinning area, outdoor plaza, recreation areas, the Temple, and the boutique where you can find all sorts of gifts, organic products, baked goods, & supplies.

Very clean accommodations. Fantastic vegetarian meals. Community atmosphere with awesome energy, while giving you the place and the space to meditate; connect with yourself & nature. Grow spiritually, nurture your soul, and grow your practice. I've only been here for a week, and this place is magical!

Do yourself a favor, come experience this place! They have workshops, yoga vacations, karma yoga programs, and teacher training!

Room Tip: Ganja rooms, Yamuna rooms, East / West beach front doubles
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I would like to share with you my experience in the Sivananda yoga ashram in Paradise Island.
I have been in the ashram already six times, I'm coming always around December January for few weeks as a karma yoga volunteer, I work in the kitchen at the morning shift.
I'm doing it because the time I "spending" there is refueling my batteries for the all year after.
The food is great, very organic and very healthy I always loosing few pound with no effort at all; we are baking the bread every day, making yogurt and granola every day and trying to produce tasty dishes in our yogi kitchen, (no eggs, no onion, no garlic etc.)
The environment is very calm, after few days you start to fill the relaxation take over on you and all the stresses you had disappear.
I fill that the people around you the stuff and the guests are concentrating in good, concentrating in how to be good, you can fill the energy. And it is good one.
It is true, the facilities are simple, you live in a tent and need to share your bathroom with others, but I can tell you one thing, it is worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

What better way to really relax than to spend your days practicing Yoga, meditating, and lying on the beach in gorgeous Paradise Island? The staff is friendly and helpful, the retreat well-kept, the food both delicious and healthy. Enjoy very professional Yoga Asana classes as well as lectures on a variety of topics relating to a healthy and spiritual lifestyle.
To those less or otherwise spiritually inclined, the atmosphere is very accommodating of all faiths. If you choose this as your destination, you will meet guests (and staff) of all nationalities, faiths and persuasions. Recommended for all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo