“what a boost”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a beautiful heart space Sivananda Yoga Retreat is and such a lovely flow one moment your taking a yoga class, the next listening to incredible teachers from many different backgrounds or swimming in the warm clear blue Caribbean sea and soaking up the rays on beautiful paradise beach. This incredible center specializes in wellness and healthy lifestyle which supports and enhances wel-lbeing on a physical, mental emotional and spiritual level maximizing total health and healing. Sivanada is a very special place the collective energy is love and compassion it certainly gave us the boost we needed. It’s true to say that we returned home feeling transformed, healed and inspired ready to share what we have learned with everyone.
Thank you all and hope to see you again soon.
Keith and Murina Marsden

Room Tip: We had a beach front suite but there is a range of good value accomadtion
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grreenyoga

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I did not know what to expect, I went for a training, I was a bit taken aback at first...no coffee, alcohol, eggs, lol, but I got over the initial shock to my Western ways and embraced it, after all, that is why I went, for yogi training. I am still reeling from the truly amazing experience. Check in could have been a bit more smooth, but Narayani, the front desk manager is beautiful and gracious to help with any challenges. I am looking forward to returning without the resistance I arrived with on this trip. I met some of the most amazing, interesting and unique people! Do yourself a favor, go and let go. (And the Atlantis is a 10 minute walk up the beach if you must entertain the "dark side".)

Room Tip: If you're not in to the "community" living, plan far enough in advance to obtain one o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ya-YaYogi931
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my 3rd or 4th visit to Sivananda over the last decade. It is a special place from which I always leave feeling much better (physically and emotionally/spiritually) than on arrival. Sometimes I have gone knowing I needed a respite. Other times I have arrived not fully aware of just how stressful life had become...The schedule of twice daily meditation and chanting, yoga classes and healthful vegetarian food is rejuvenating. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. It is an easy, peaceful place to be either solo or with a friend. I highly recommend a visit. It probably won't be your last...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have a very limited experience with Sivananda and the ashram was one of the best experiences I have every had. I learned a tremendous amount about myself over my week stay.

I would recommend the ashram to anybody who is looking to grow as a person. The experience is a bit out there, but you can take away a lot from it.

Room Tip: I rated the rooms as excelllent, but be aware that they are very simple - a bed and shared bathrooms...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

When I went to the ashram I found more than what I was looking for. My goal was to become a yoga teacher, which I accomplished. I also found a deeper understanding of my own spirituality and more knowledge than I could have imagine. This is not a place to just touch the surface of yoga but a place where true yoga is practice, lived and taught. You can learn as much as YOU want, the search for knowledge is encourage and everyone is welcome. They bring speakers and musicians from all over the world!!! to teach, share and play for us, every morning and every night you have the chance to learn something amazing from leaders on their fields. I am NOT vegetarian, but the food here was so delicious and there was such a variety of options that the transition was seamless and painless. I not only became a yoga teacher, I found myself and amazing likeminded loving friends. The beach is so beautiful it would have made my trip worth it on itself!. This is a very powerful spiritual place to grow and bloom. I loved it so much I have returned to take two extra courses!

Room Tip: I took my own tent. I was close to the beach. It was nice but can get loud specially when it rains a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The TTC is very good and professional and gives good base.
The lectures and concerts in the evening are very interesting and diverse
The food is simple but very tasty.
Beautiful location next to the beach

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my first time traveling for 8 days, let alone, by myself and to an ashram. Absolutely loved this trip and hope to do it again soon!! Paradise Island is a perfect description for the island, pure paradise. I was looking to get away from the hustle and bustle...I got exactly what I wanted!!! No one comes up to you on the beach to sell you things, or ask you if you want your hair braided....seclusion from the outside world while being surrounded with just the most positive energy and atmosphere.

Room Tip: The purpose of the Ashram is simplistic settings, so the rooms are not the "big, luxurious"...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Bay View Suites Paradise Island
Bay View Suites Paradise Island
#14 of 14 in Paradise Island
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau

Been to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!