“excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Tel Aviv, Israel
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is the closest paradise you can get in this world!!!
The food, the yoga tachers, the beach, the atmosphere.
I have been coming here for at least 4 times and it is just getting better.
Do it for your body and sole.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you came to this ashram you will reconnect with the Essential of living, your inner Self.
Here is the peaceful ambiance and a spécial kind of very Nice people and staff. At the same Time you can enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: The garden view room is very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarieJocelyneL
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have been coming here for 6 years now. Each time I come I see vast improvements all around - from guest education - to the meals - to how friendly the staff is - to the programs being offered.

Each year as I grow personally and professionally, I need the teachings I learn here more and more. Am so grateful that there are always 'Masters' that come and visit and share their knowledge with us.

Going to sleep each night while listening to the waves and swimming in the most beautiful shades of blues and green are the memories I bring back with me to my busy city life.
This has been by far my best visit ever!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ashramchic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Ashram. My experience was absolutely delightful. If you know what you’re getting into (a working Ashram, NOT a resort nor a hotel) there is very little not to like. But, you do need to know what you’re getting into and make an informed decision if you’re going to go. Though there are programs you can align your trip with that would allow you access to special classes, you can also just come and go as you please, partaking in the standard daily activities (my choice).

If you read no further, my topline review is as follows: I learned more than I could have hoped about yoga beyond the physical practice. I never felt like I was pressured to adopt a particular view nor was I creeped out by excess touchy-feely. I walked away inspired to be a better person using the knowledge gained through my time at the Ashram. I feel rested, deeply relaxed and inspired. And, dude…I can now do full locust pose AND I gave scorpion a run for its money. Who knew?!

I highly, highly recommend a visit to Sivananda if you’re into this sort of thing. I will be returning.

What to know:

• The days are structured (check out the website to see the daily schedule…it’s consistent everyday). BUT, there is flexibility if you want to deviate from the day’s activities (but if you don’t want to participate, why go?).
• Classes are tailored for beginners or advanced yogis. (and you end up in a bit under 4 hours total worth of yoga a day, across 2 classes). The staff are compassionate for all levels of experience. And the teachers rotate each class so even though the asanas (poses) are consistent, you learn something new each time.
• You will do a lot (about 4 hours a day total split into two sessions) of sitting, meditating and chanting/praying/singing. But, even for those of us who are not used to such activities, if you just go with the flow, it’s really, really enjoyable. I’m still humming the sung daily meditations. I went in thinking I was going to hate that part of the day. Ended up being one of my favorite things!
• The rooms are small and sparce. I went all fancy and got a single room. But most of the folks at the Ashram are in tents, “huts” (nice large tents the Ashram sets up with the basic amenities found in a single room), or dormitories. I was more than comfortable (and I am an insomniac/light sleeper). Yes, the bathrooms are shared. Yes, you have to wait sometimes. But I don’t think I waited more than 5 min for a toilet or shower and that’s just because I was too lazy to walk the 50 feet to the larger toilet/shower block away from my room.
• The food is good! All vegetarian and yes…it starts to all taste the same after a while. But it’s tasty and you feel GOOD after your meals.
• The Ashram is on an island, shared with Atlantis – the mega resort/casino. Sometimes party boats come by. I definitely heard Ludacris while trying to focus on my cobra pose.
• It’s a real, traditional Ashram. No caffeine, no booze, no music. Dress (while not on your mat) is fairly conservative though by no means formal – people hang out in their workout garb, but maybe switch out a t-shirt for a tank. During Satsang, shoulders and knees must be covered. But again, a scarf around the shoulders + yoga leggings will suffice. Or a flowy dress. Or harem pants which still seem to be in with the yoga community. The overall vibe is minimal, comfortable, and natural. No garish colors nor overt branding. Think: light colors, gauzy fabrics, swingy skirts and flip flops.

Room Tip: Expect only the basics.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Claire E
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a beautiful heart space Sivananda Yoga Retreat is and such a lovely flow one moment your taking a yoga class, the next listening to incredible teachers from many different backgrounds or swimming in the warm clear blue Caribbean sea and soaking up the rays on beautiful paradise beach. This incredible center specializes in wellness and healthy lifestyle which supports and enhances wel-lbeing on a physical, mental emotional and spiritual level maximizing total health and healing. Sivanada is a very special place the collective energy is love and compassion it certainly gave us the boost we needed. It’s true to say that we returned home feeling transformed, healed and inspired ready to share what we have learned with everyone.
Thank you all and hope to see you again soon.
Keith and Murina Marsden

Room Tip: We had a beach front suite but there is a range of good value accomadtion
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grreenyoga
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I did not know what to expect, I went for a training, I was a bit taken aback at first...no coffee, alcohol, eggs, lol, but I got over the initial shock to my Western ways and embraced it, after all, that is why I went, for yogi training. I am still reeling from the truly amazing experience. Check in could have been a bit more smooth, but Narayani, the front desk manager is beautiful and gracious to help with any challenges. I am looking forward to returning without the resistance I arrived with on this trip. I met some of the most amazing, interesting and unique people! Do yourself a favor, go and let go. (And the Atlantis is a 10 minute walk up the beach if you must entertain the "dark side".)

Room Tip: If you're not in to the "community" living, plan far enough in advance to obtain one o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ya-YaYogi931
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my 3rd or 4th visit to Sivananda over the last decade. It is a special place from which I always leave feeling much better (physically and emotionally/spiritually) than on arrival. Sometimes I have gone knowing I needed a respite. Other times I have arrived not fully aware of just how stressful life had become...The schedule of twice daily meditation and chanting, yoga classes and healthful vegetarian food is rejuvenating. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. It is an easy, peaceful place to be either solo or with a friend. I highly recommend a visit. It probably won't be your last...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends