Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$268
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$166
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$238
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$1,313
US$702
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$563
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsteacher traininglife changingmorning and eveningsilent meditationspiritual practicemorning meditationinner peacevegetarian dietvacation programdaily meditationpersonal growthsun salutationsprivate bathroomdaily schedulean open mindprotein barsmeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been to the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat more then once.
I have found that when you reach the grounds of the ashram, you are being transported to Paradise.The ashram is shrouded by the trees and plants that were planted there by nature itself untouched and undisturbed by human hands.
As soon as you step in, there is a feeling of calmness and serenity and after a short while you feel like you have left all your worries behind. Life takes a different pace here and suddenly you are able to think clearly without pressure and view and value things in your life from a different angle.
After you have settled into the yoga classes and meditation things material in your life take less importance then before and you start listening more to the inner self. Your problems and your achievements take a different roll and you become calmer and able to think more clearly without pressure and suddenly see easier solutions to your personal problems.
Your day goes by at ease and in between classes you can attend lectures on different subject not necessarily related to yoga, given by highly qualified individuals for those subjects.Those individuals come from all over the world as guests of the ashram.
The people who come to experience the yoga in the ashram are all by and large interesting individuals and you hear a lot of interesting life experiences as you join them for the fulfilling relaxed meals served by the staff and fellow members.
During the day you have plenty of time to relax, read a book or just take a nap and at night you retire to your quarters facing the blue ocean and just fall asleep listening to the endless waves.
The staff are all very helpful and knowledgeable and you will always find a good listener to your thoughts.
Once experienced the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, you leave knowing full well that you will come back again for that special experience you had there.

Room Tip: I would always prefer being close to the sea & sun
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My experiences at this retreat have been wonderful. I was impressed with the overall cleanliness of the retreat, including the washrooms, showers and kitchen area. The retreat is set on a beautiful beach and it ia just a short taxi ride away from the airport. The reception desk is very helpful and informative, providing you with information about yoga classes, presentations and any other events happening at the retreat. I am a novice to yoga and the classes were very helpful towards beginners. I entered an intermediate class and they were very informative and encouraging.

The food is amazing. The food is lacto-vegetarian and it is served buffet style. There are many options to choose from and the brunch and dinner are both delicious and plentiful. I was initially concerned that there was too little choices for a non vegetarian like myself, but was pleasantly suprised with the amount and choice of foods offered at the retreat.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this retreat to newcomers. It has been an amazing experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Emmy R
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have taken (ATTC) Advanced Teachers Training Course in the Yoga Retreat, and it was far beyond my expectations, it was even much stronger experience than the TTC that I did in Canada one year before. The Ashram at Bahamas, was like a heaven for me, great weather, clear sea, balanced, tasty food, and most important - the atmosphere of love, harmony, peace...
I wish so much that there were more places like this....
My most sincere recommendations !

Ilia

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ilia G
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The setting is gorgeous with white sand beach and emerald green-blue carribean sea. Food is delicious and wholesome. The energy in the ashram is amazing. Accomodation is simple and clean, in line with yogic living. I just finished the Raja Yoga course. The course is highly recommended if you want to find answers to burning questions such as: "who are we," "where are we going," and "why is it so hard to find permanent happiness and peace in this world". The answers will blow your mind, and you will receive practical instructions on how to answer these questions for yourself and how to achieve the ultimate goal of humanity -- to find God. This knowledge is sacred and was revealed to Yogis many thousand years ago. It was definitely a transforming experience for me, and I will be back for more.

Room Tip: you can bring your own tent, or book a tenthut or a room; I like simple living and stayed in a tenthut - clean and simple and it had all I needed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Paradise island is a little spot paradise .....
The feeling and energy of the Sivananda ashram is just great I could forget myself and the busy life that happens elsewhere. I felt immersed in the calm of the retreat as soon as I landed from the small boat that brought me there from Nassau in less than 5 min trip.
although the weather is hot, once I was in the crystal clear water - it felt like heaven.
I was there in the summer of 2012 and now planning to return , that why I am adding this review now.

Room Tip: you can hear the ocean from rooms by the beach ...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo