“Awsome place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place was an amazing yoga experience! We had the deluxe accommodation on the beach front and it was just perfect in every way. Clean, comfortable, air conditioned room. The food was good, especially the home made bread, and menu changes every day! Don't forget your bottle of water, you will need it! We will certainly go back! Nathalie B.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I did the TTC, its an amazing experience. Although it is no walk in the park. Go in knowing that the first two weeks are the hardest but once you pass that you realise what a great place it is! And guarantee you will meet great people.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wow.

These two programs that I had the pleasure of participating changed my life! And I don't mean to say that in a frou-frou cliche manner, but it you are thinking about igniting a shift in the way you live your life, on a CELLULAR level, I would absolutely suggest either or even both of these programs. Manu Dawson is well-versed of virtually every malady that upsets a human body and has the holistic knowledge and patience to answer every question. Grace Van Berkum is behind the scenes preparing the food and juices and each one is delicious (and nutritious). The Raw Food Living Retreat is a 3-day hands-on affair, where she leads a lecture first and then everyone is able to prepare meals, learn about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Grace is truly an inspiration in her knowledge and story. The passion she has demonstrating and talking about health is contagious and makes you want to instantly jump on the bandwagon. She is a living example of taking control of your life and making the most of it. And the food we made was DELICIOUS! Everything was simple and easy to make from snazzy protein drinks to chocolate truffles, and even in my busy schedule I am able to prepare meals and keep up with what I learned.

Jai to these leaders and I'm telling you these programs will profoundly change your life. Are you ready?
Visited May 2014

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was fortunate enough to do something out of the ordinary and book holiday at the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas. I have never been to an Ashram and was basically a beginner at yoga. My one week stay turned into two, and then into three weeks, and I became immersed in the culture and practice of yoga. I have leaned more about whats important in my life and about myself during those three weeks than at any other point in my life. It has changed my life forever. Amrita, a young and beautiful soul was one of my teachers throughout my stay and through her teachings and guidance I blossomed most. She taught me so much about yoga; meditation, breathing, posture, form, the mind and self love that I cannot begin to explain how that has transformed my life so far. I am eternally grateful for her knowledge, kindness and her spirit that guiding me through the most important and transformational times in my life. I wish you all the very best Amrita with your own practice, Nectar Yoga. Om Shanti.

I also want to thank Swami Sita, Alden, Kaliyani, Kumari and all the other instructors and wonderful teachers that I was blessed to be with. Om Shanti.

Like I said, if you want to change your life, just go.

Room Tip: Tent Huts are best for keeping to the basics
2  Thank forktravels
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I originally planned to go to the Sivananda Ashram for a yoga vacation, but signed up immediately for Grace Van Berkum's Raw Food Retreat after I listened to her give a speech on the health benefits of a plant based diet. The ashram is a beautiful, special place where I could relax, practice yoga two times a day. What a delight when I found out I would be feasting on Grace's delicious healthy, raw recipes and practicing in the kitchen during my vacation. The course was practical and ideal for busy people like me, who want to eat healthy but don't have a lot of time on hand. Grace was wonderful and shared all of her amazing nutrition information with us, and most of all she encouraged us to have fun! Thank you for teaching us from the heart and sharing your passion with us, it changed my life :) Eloisa

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Sivananda Yoga Retreat in the Bahamas is an amazing places to spend a vacation. It's in a small island next to one of most beautiful beaches in the world.

The most important thing for me was to practice yoga and relax. The atmosphere In the retreat is extremely tranquil. The teachers and stuff are professional, so one can have great improvement in the yoga practice. It's a crystal clear feeling, for the mind and soul, to start the day with the morning meditation and end it with Satsang.

I love the natural healthy delicious vegetarian meals, I am sure they are cooked with love.

During my stay at the ashram I attended lectures on mind and spirit, health, all with extremely interesting speakers.

Going to the beach was an amazing experience, relaxing, joyful clear sky, with only a few people around. The water was sparking-brilliant-Turquoise!  All together - a unique magical beach.

I fully recommend the Yoga Retreat as en excellent holiday. It's perfect to clear ones mind, to relax, and to practice yoga. Also it can be excellent time to organise new ideas and stages in life.

I have been in many places during my life, but the Yoga Retreat in the Bahamas is placed in a very special place in my heart.

Norah

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 555Norah
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I spent 10 days at the Ashram in May, and had an absolutely wonderful stay. I think this is most relaxed and centered I have ever returned from a vacation.

The yoga classes are excellent. They are not as physically-challenging as the vinyasa classes I am used to at home, which is perfect because it meant I could attend 4 hours of yoga per day without too much trouble. The classes include a lot of meditation and breathing work, and focus on holding poses in order to achieve the maximum benefit from each pose. It was a bit too warm to use the beach platform (which is not shaded) during my stay, which was not a big deal because there are two beautiful platforms on the other side of the island (it's a very skinny island) facing the "bay" and Nassau. It doesn't get much better than practicing yoga with a steady ocean breeze.

I ended up liking the Satsangs (meditation, chanting, lecture/music/dance) more than I was expecting to. It is a very nice way to start the morning, and great practice at staying focused during a long (usually 25 minute) meditation. In many ways, the Satsangs were a cultural experience - it was interesting to gain exposure to additional components of the yoga tradition. The afternoon workshops were a nice complement to the Satsangs, as they provided an opportunity to learn more about these traditions.

I stayed in a tent hut (clean, relatively private, great to have a fan and bed frame). The communal bathrooms were generally very clean, and others on the tent platform were quiet and respectful. The food (all vegetarian) was excellent.

I am going to end with a quick reminder - I had a wonderful (5 star) trip, but this is not your typical vacation. The day is relatively regimented (although you have a bit more flexibility as a yoga vacationer), and most people come to have quiet, reflective, spiritual time. I do a lot of camping and traveling, so did not actually find the ashram to be too rustic (the showers have hot water, etc.), but keep in mind that the amenities are rather simple. If you are looking for a vacation that will help you take a step back, relax, and meet others with similar goals, this a perfect vacation for you!

6  Thank Kerry S