“Quiet seclusion with great rooms in Paradise!”

Bay View Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Dayton, Ohio
“Quiet seclusion with great rooms in Paradise!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This place is great for couples and families who want kitchen facilities and a quiet place away from the fray of the Atlantis. Nice landscaping and pools, and great staff! This place is a bargain - you're not on the beach but it's a 12 minute walk and you get to know the surroundings.

If you want a quieter beach stay, you won't go wrong staying here. You can eat out on your own small deck! Also, to avoid the crowds stay away from the end of Cabbage Beach where the Atlantis is, but walk through the Atlantis to see the very definition of ostentatious.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank adisabatino53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Shawneetown, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting friends in the Bahamas again this year.
for our overnight stay in Nassau we chose the Best Western Plus on Paradise Island again.
I feel so safe here someone at front entryway 24/7.
Very nice staff. We enjoyed the rear patio this year.
Even though it was just a 1 night stay, enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank becky s
Pa
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm an Best Western Platinum Elite Member. With over 200,000 reward points, I figured let's extend our vacation longer. We really really enjoyed out time here at this Property. The beautiful flowers that surrounded you, and just the tranquility was so amazing. This was truly a diamond in the ruff. There were three pools to choose from, none of which were full at any given time. Apparently people do live here full time. This is like a rental property but with the hotel amenities. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the Hotel Manager, whom walked us upstairs to check us in. After check-out, he and another hospitality member carried our bags to our Villa. Yes, Villa. They opened our door to our villa, turned on the air for us, gave us an tour of our villa and asked if we needed anything else. Now, I'm unsure If this was because of my elite status, however I felt like this was just such some personalize service. Each day, I received an phone call from the General Manager asking if everything was ok, and if we needed anything. I enjoyed the fact they there was housekeeping everyday, and if you had the "Do not Disturb" on they would leave fresh towels on your table outside the room. At night, we enjoyed the peace and quiet there at this property. There was an Restaurant on location, but let me tell you. The food is Extremely expensive. However, in your room there is an full-sized refrigerator, with stove and open, and dinner ware for 4. Thus you can always make your own food. They also have a store in-site as well, with prices inflated. Therefore, we drove across the bridge, which by the way is an toll bridge. But only one way, you pay going into the island, $1.00. But we crossed the bridge to go shopping. Only because Paradise Island can be expensive even for the small items. Since we're twice an year, every year, we've learned a few things. But we use the supermarket to purchase small snacks and food items to bring back to the room. During our last day there, the GM called our room around 8am. At first I was a little disappointed because in my profile, everyone knows I always request for Late Check-out. And I also made this known at check-in. However, when I answered the phone, she only wanted to confirm out check-out and flight time. I explained that we weren't leaving that day, however we were heading over to Atlantis to stay there for a few days then over to Breezes for another few days. But later the GM asked if she could bring us an Parting Gift. When she arrived but we received an bottle of some really nice Champagne. I was absolutely shocked. But we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chocolateblood
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very nice hotel with spacious suites and pretty tropical grounds in a very safe area. Our room had a sitting room, kitchenette and spacious bedroom with a nice rear patio with loungers and a table/chairs. The grounds are very lush, with coconut palm trees, many plants, and two swimming pools (plus a third for villas only). Staff were friendly and helpful. Beach towels are provided at the hotel. The hotel is located on a quiet street, about a 10 minute walk from Marina Village and the Atlantis Hotel, 10 minute walk to spectacular Cabbage Beach, 10 minutes to a small mini-market and liquor store, and 25 minutes over the bridge to a larger (Super Value) grocery store. A couple of travel tips - there are two public access points to Cabbage Beach, one closer to Atlantis and the other further east beside the Paradise Island Beach Club; the latter has far fewer pushy locals trying to sell/rent things, and is further from the crowds (and incredibly beautiful). For fresh seafood, the Twin Brothers shack on Potters Cay just over the bridge into Nassau is incredibly good, reasonably priced and far closer to Paradise Island than the location at the Fish Fry (Arawak Cay, on the way to Cable Beach) - we went twice.

Room Tip: Ground floor suites have large, private walkout patio with table/chairs and 2 loungers; upper suites...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DandDe
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I travel to Nassau at least once a year. This year I went ahead of a group of friends so I could relax and spend some time seeing my local friends and favourites. This hotel got good reviews so I thought I would try it.

I cannot say anything bad about this place!! The price is very good considering the others in Nassau/Paradise Island. For one person it was a bit pricey, but really worth the money to be honest. it was quiet, peaceful, clean and safe! The location is great...not on a beach, but close enough to one (and I'm personally not a beach girl anyways). Atlantis is only about a 10 minute walk so close unless you have mobility issues.

The bed was very comfortable, the kitchen was good to have, even tho I didn't cook, it was great to have the fridge, etc. Although I only ate one thing at the restaurant the prices were reasonable and food looked good.

Staff was great, always friendly and smiling.

Free Wireless by the pool was a great feature that you don't see at too many places, and there is wired in the rooms. I sat out by the pool at night...wonderful.

Again, this is a quiet hotel, I wouldn't go thinking it is a party place, but with a group of people you could have a great time. Wouldn't think that the other guests would love really loud partying...more of a quiet get away I would think.

I will be back!

Room Tip: I really liked my own little yard, so get a room on the main floor, or if you don't need it, the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank LaughDanceLive
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I just returned from a 4 nights staywith my husband at Bayview Suites and must say I was nicely surprised. We love smaller intimate hotels and this was the perfect escape. We had a lovely one bedroom accommodation which was well appointed and immaculate. The staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating in guiding us to good restaurants and things to do on the island. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very peaceful and tranquil- great for relaxing and reading a good book or just enjoying the lovely pool. The location is perfect as we walked to the Atlantis a few times but found it to be too big and extremely expensive. We plan on coming back to Bayview in April for another quick getaway and look forward to calling this our home away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be in quiet surroundings with lush landscaping
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindaSand
bayview67, General Manager at Bay View Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again. Kind regards.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2012

It is loud, a baby screamed every night throughout the whole week that we were there, apparently there are long term rentals for ex pats from the middle east, pakistan, etc...an array of exoctic guests.

You are normally awakened by the staff when they come in to work, the managemnt is unfriendly and arrogant. Especially the office Manager who appears to be foreign european.

No restaurant or bar after 4pm in the afternoon so you must eat elsewhere on Paradise Island which is very expensive. Therefore you must have a rental car or take a taxi to the main island.

Room Tip: No seaviews available, tr to get as far away fro the office/pool area. entrance as possible
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisser k
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We understand that our success depends on meeting and exceeding the expectations of our guests and we regret that you had such challenges during your stay. We offer our apologies for for the inconvenience.
We do have many residents from all over the world staying at our property. The majority are bankers working for prestigious offshore banks here in Nassau. There are many dining options on Paradise Island within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance from our property.
We hope, that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Kind regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
#9 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Bay View Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!