Comfort Suites Paradise Island
US$704
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$166
Hotels.com
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$238
US$1,313
US$781
US$702
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$564
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
2,763 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggshospitality roomatlantis propertydonutscorned beef hashmarina villageyogurtwest wingatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! We arrived at 2:45pm and waited a few mins and the room was ready. Breakfast was awesome they has corn beef hash, scrambled eggs, different flavor toast, bacon, sausage, coffee, orange juice and apple juice. They also had bagels with cream cheese. Atlantis was great. From the hotel to Atlantis was a one minute walk, it's directly across the street. The line to get wristbands wasn't even a line, we walked up to the counter and got them in less than a minute everyday. Hotel was clean, beds were made everyday and were comfy.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Johnny M
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Vacation in Paradise. We will continue to work at ensuring our guests' stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island is comfortable and memorable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booking tips:
My family of four (2 college age kids) just returned from the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island where we stayed for 6 nights in two rooms (103/102). Initially, I booked the hotel thru www.booking.com--only to read that when I get to the resort, I will have to pay extra fees of up to $20/day/person. I called the hotel to confirm and found out what I read was correct--UNLESS I booked with Travelocity or Expedia, I was told directly by the hotel that I would have to pay the extra fees (these 2 booking sites have the fees included). I immediately cancelled with Booking and rebooked with Expedia as it would save us about $400 in the long run.

We booked this resort after reading reviews (and confirming) that it had breakfast included AND daily access to ALL of Atlantis amenities--Aquaventure waterpark too!! It is in very close proximity to Atlantis (no different than if you were on the property), and each morning you need to go and get your bracelet for entry (it really isn't that much trouble).

Atlantis:
The Atlantis amenities included with Comfort Suites is the best part of this deal! The aquariums are mesmerizing, the beaches are beautiful and the waterpark is amazing, with so many rides--both with and without tubes. The mile-long Rapid River (not to be confused with the Lazy River) is anything but lazy, and includes a conveyor that takes you up to the Power Tower for fast & fun drops. Could be scary for younger children (48" minimum strictly enforced) due to the wild waves (there is a VERY lazy river for the younger ones). Beware--keep your feet and your elbows in, and watch your head, as there are parts of it that are crazy--but so fun in spite of scrapes, that we kept riding them again and again (best time is after 3 as the cruise ship crowds are gone and there is next to no wait. Rides are open til 7). The best place to catch some rays is the Cove beach--barely busy--lots of chairs, quieter, and gentle waves (towels available on route). The best place to snorkel is in the lagoon--everything from enormous lobsters, hundreds of fish, and sting rays. Bring your own snorkel (morning is best) but life vests must be worn (offered free of charge). Also a great place to spend the day, but beach is only open til 5. Various opportunities to swim with the dolphins, sea lions, or sharks are available, but expect to pay a premium. Lockers are available to house your things at a cost of $9-$14 a day (some suggested locked backpacks. We just 'hid' our bags under the chairs and had no problems). A variety of movies are also shown in the theatre 3x/day, also included--get your itinerary for daily events, movies, feeding times, etc where you get your daily wristband (or go to the theatre to see the weekly showings).

Comfort Suites: The best thing about this place besides access to Atlantis is the friendly staff and the included breakfast. We arrived early in the morning, checked in even though our room wasn't ready (place to hold our luggage & change as well and we could still get our wristband for Atlantis for the day). Initially we were going to move from our assigned rooms to those overlooking the pool. Audrey--our amazing housekeeper--made us change our mind, stating that the location couldn't be beat--close to the pool/breakfast, close to the exit to Atlantis, yet not on the busy 2nd floor--she was right. I wasn't initially happy with the view of the street (the little mall and Anthony's) but realized the location was great--and we didn't spend much time in the room. We did ask for a microwave the first day and used it for popcorn & reheating leftovers. The fridges are small but great for drinks. The beds are comfortable (and I am picky!) and there are a variety of pillows to chose from! There are next to no balconies in this resort and the patio doors only open part way. The safe will cost you $2/day to use. Yes the room is dated, but clean. The breakfast is good enough--pastries, fruit, cereal, decent coffee, variety of breads, sausage, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Definitely a money saver as it's super expensive in Atlantis to eat (although there are some meal deals and the portions are decent).

Places to eat: There is a cute Marina Village Mall with a Starbucks, Quiznos, Ben & Jerry's and a Johnny Rocket's. Eat at the Marina Pizzeria--huge portions (one 'piece' is $6.45 but 1/4 of the pizza!) and the best Marguerita pizza is one of the best we've ever had! (Took it to the Cove beach to watch the sunset the last night...beautiful!). We did eat at Virgil's BBQ--family style meals where one entrée feeds 3-4 people (great ribs!). Also ate at Anthony's (in the mall across the street)--didn't find it much of a bargain but they do have $6 appies for happy hour (4-6) that is a good deal. There is also a couple stores in the strip mall to buy drinks and snacks as well but you will find the food in the stores overpriced. Definitely bring LOTS of sunscreen--you will be paying $20/bottle wherever you go.

Noteworthy: Staff at both Atlantis and Comfort Suites are exceptionally friendly! Also, if a family member has food allergies, ask to talk to the chefs at the restaurants and they will personally make the meal and send out emails to the other restaurants with your name & hotel & allergy alert. We were very impressed with their concern and understanding regarding severe allergies.

Tip: Taxi to the hotel from the airport instead of doing a shuttle but determine the price prior to getting in, asking them to include stopping on a grocery store on the way. For a family of four it could range from $36-48 depending on number of bags.

Would definitely stay here again for the economical factor...or splurge and stay in the Reef Tower (where there are kitchens).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank got2go2cnewthings
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We appreciate having you as our guests.
We are elated to see all of the comments you made on your recent stay with us and that Audrey took good care of you in your room.
We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

There are probably cheaper accommodations on the island - especially given the ~50% daily up charge. But if you plan to go to the Atlantis water park - this property makes sense as it includes daily access. A hearty breakfast is also included. The accommodations are clean and current. The hotel is close to restaurants and stores. Be aware that the convenience store is limited and much more expensive than other locations on the island. However, Carribean Treasures in the same strip mall has $1 sodas. There is a Junkanoo parade in Marina Village at 9:30PM on Saturdays. For a short walk to the far side of the inbound bridge, you can catch a $4 ferry ride to downtown. It runs about 9-6 daily. As an alternative, you can walk across the bridge, get great views and catch the #10 Jitney to downtown for $1.25. About $15 will get you a taxi to downtown or Fishy Fry. We would stay at this property again if going to the Atlantis.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank augerAustinTX

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the fact that you took the time out to share your stay. We look forward to having you visit Comfort Suites Paradise Island again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had visited Paradise Island for a few hours while we were on a cruise and knew how close this hotel was to Atlantis. After reading reviews, we rose every day at 7, ate breakfast and were first in line to get our wristbands(included in the hotel price) for Atlantis. Breakfast was great: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, corned beef hash, pastries, bagels, juice, cereal, waffles and fruit. We would advise you to eat your fill, since food on Paradise Island is very pricey. Also eat at the Pool location, since that is where, we believe, they cook the food. Eat inside if you can, because of the birds. They provide a fridge in the room and say they will provide a microwave at no additional cost. We used the microwave in the breakfast area to cook dinner and took snacks and water bottles to the park. Our cell phones did not provide service(ATT). We did not see other people on cell phones. The hotel does have free internet so you can stay connected through emails. The rooms have a safe, which we used for our passports and wallets when we were at Atlantis. We kept the fan on at night since some of the younger hotel guests were a bit noisy in the corridor when we were trying to sleep. Overall we had a great experience and would return again and again and again. Thank you Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: We had a room near the exit to Atlantis on the second floor, and thought the location was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AKTraveler2

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Comfort suites Paradise Island. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests.
We are happy to see that you took advantage of all that we have to offer and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We briefly saw the Bahamas on a cruise and dreamed of coming back for over a year. When I saw the Atlantis Partnership deal I couldn't believe my eyes. Everyone has the same reaction, "If I stay at the economical Comfort Suites I get access to Atlantis and Aquaventure for FREE? No Way". Yes, way. Its entirely true and 100% no strings attached and no catch. If you stay here you get access to Atlantis, Aquaventure, the Dig, Marina Village, the Dragon Ultra Lounge, and more things than I can name. This is reason enough to book here.

As amazing as Atlantis is its easy to brag on Atlantis and just think of Comfort Suites as a way in, however, I want to give you some reasons why Comfort Suites is very pleasant on top of the offered Atlantis access.

ROOMS: The rooms are clean, big, updated, and comfortable. There are a few reviews out there downplaying the facility. Ignore them. This hotel is constantly striving to be better. My room was fabulous and the place looked great and they were STILL painting certain places and bringing in brand new mattresses. You'll also notice that most reviews with complaints was from a while back. The newest reviews get more and more positive.

FOOD: FREE breakfast! Free is my favorite flavor. Some people are mad that they served corned beef hash a lot of the time. Not me. I grew up in the south so I loaded my plate up! In addition you have your choice of eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, toasted bread, pastries, and beverages. There is a great restaurant called Anthony's across the street. I could hit it with a rock from our room window that's how close it was. Walk over there and eat. You'll be glad you did! Good prices. Order the wings. You are also 5 minutes from Atlantis's Marina Village and there you have Starbucks, Quizno's, Bimini Road, and more. The Quizno's Subs are regular priced. They haven't tripled the prices or anything.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION: In reviews you'll get mixed opinions that they walk to Atlantis is long or short. That comes down to how fit you are I guess. Its 5 minutes to Atlantis and another 2 minutes to the station to get your free access wristbands and yes we timed it :-) You can decide for yourself if 7 minutes is a "long walk". Stuart Cove's snorkeling picks you up in front of Comfort Suites, Dolphin Encounters picks you up about 10 minutes down the street. The only drawback is that you can't see or hear the ocean very well from any room.

STAFF: Helpful and knowledgeable. They can get you a cab, they can help book an excursion, they give you directions, and they are friendly. They have a relaxed attitude. Some are offended by this. Remember that you are visiting their country and as one man on the street told me "We have two speeds here; dead slow and stop". This is a vacation destination its not Times Square.

Mattress: It was good and they seem to replace them often. I am a mattress snob as I have spoiled myself at home with a great mattress. Because of this its hard for hotels to wow me with their springy hard mattresses. These mattresses were good and if you knew me that means something. I saw many new mattresses being carried in the week I was staying there.

THE ENERGY SURCHARGE: They charge it, I believe surrounding hotels charge it. Its just something they do in the Bahamas. Something like $20 per person per day. I didn't like it and I doubt anybody does but if pretty much EVERYONE ELSE charges it then don't be mad at them. You'll still come off cheaper here than anywhere else.

SMELL IN THE HALLWAYS: Lets address this as everyone mentions it. There is a smell in the hallway near the elevator. Its there. Its not in your room, not in the breakfast area, not in the lobby but it is there. It doesn't bother me much. How to describe the smell? Go to a mechanic and ask to smell a can of GoJo grease remove. There you go. If there is no smell in the room don't worry about it.

BATHROOMS: Flawless, spotless, clean, bright. I sat down in the tub one day and rinsed up. I almost NEVER sit down in hotel tubs. You are good to go.

BUGS: None in my room all week. Hotel is too clean to attract bugs. I did spot a Palmetto Bug in the hallway one day. People confuse these with roaches. Roaches are small and live in the building. Palmetto Bugs fly in from outside occasionally. You can't stop it. You are on a tropical island. It literally has nothing to do with cleanliness. Atlantis gets palmetto bugs, the Hilton has an occasional one too. Chill out. One bug in a hallway where doors are constantly being opened is logical and expected and even that one was disposed of by a member of the friendly staff.

Can you tell I am already planning a way to go back soon? Oh well. I have rambled enough. I have submitted some pictures of a lot of the things I have mentioned. BOOK THIS PLACE, MAKE A MEMORY!

Room Tip: Ask to be closest to whatever you think you'll frequent whether its the bridge, Atlantis, Anthonys, or whatever. I would probably stay on the second floor if I could do it over to have even quicker access to Atlantis.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank theReturnOfTheMack

Greetings from Comfort Suites Paradise Island. I shared this review with our staff and they are elated that you chose to spend your vacation experience here. We thank you for your compliments and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm Regards,