“Best Option for Paradise Island Bahamas”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Best Option for Paradise Island Bahamas”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Comfort Suites on Paradise Island is the best value for your money. The hotel is small and right next door to Atlantis. When you stay at Comfort Suites, you are treated like a guest of Atlantis. You get All the amenities of Atlantis and have access to All the watermark rides. The swim up bar at Comfort Suites is really nice and the hotel is clean. I always send inquiring guest to Comfort Suites, you can't get a better price on PI and also great for families.

2 Thank Jenny0124
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. I have shared them with our employees. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Greek first
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay for four nights, but beware that we ended up paying an additional $300 in resort fees that were not originally paid through our travel service [bookit.com]

The free breakfast was nice and manageable at the pool restaurant. We did find the chairs/table layout bulky with not a lot of room to collect your food, wait for toaster, etc.

If you stay here, please go to Village Shops next door and buy yourself a gallon of water for $2. The refrigerator in the room is great for storing your leftovers and water. Furthermore, we requested a microwave in the room which was brought up to us for free! We used it a lot to save $$ on eating out. We ate at Johnny Rocket's Diner one night, and the restaurant across from the hotel in the shopping center [a pizza place with all sorts of offerings, and great nachos] but we enjoyed our last two dinners at Murrays Deli in the marina. It's a proper sit down restaurant where 3 meals with appetizer and dessert will cost approx $91.

The Atlantis tickets were great and getting the wristband was easy at the royal tower over there. Two days we arrived after 11am and didn't have to wait one second. Beware, the rapid river is rough and all of our family got tumbled out of our individual rafts at different parts of the ride [I tumbled out during the rapid part and got some serious scratches].

All in all, this is the best value and from talking to the Atlantis hotel guests, they too wished they stayed here due to free breakfast, amenities in room, and ability to get away from crowds.

Room Tip: eat near the pool stay on top floor get $2 gallon water at shopping center next door
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Groobgirl
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Helen,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Vacation in Paradise. We will continue to work at ensuring our guests/ stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island is comfortable and memorable.

Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If I could have given this hotel a 4.5, I think that would be the appropriate rating. Considering how terribly expensive Paradise Island is, it is a good value compared to Atlantis, while still enjoying all of the Atlantis amenities.

Pros: Very Large room, fast free wifi, helpful staff, good location, free breakfast, clean, ALL Atlantis amenities.
Cons: Lacks the Atlantis ambiance/wow factor - just a nice basic hotel. No balcony or view. Uncomfortable beds (supposedly all mattresses are new - that's what the hotel told me), Very uncomfortable and noisy sofa bed. Breakfast was just so-so (exact same food everyday and not much variety - only apples and oranges for fruit, only 2 types of pastry, the OJ tasted like Tang). Most of my family would have been just as happy or happier to have Pop Tarts brought from home every day. For Comfort Suites guests, there is only one place at Atlantis to get wristbands everyday (in Royal Tower), while Atlantis guests have many options to get their wristbands. It was really only slightly less than the Coral Towers would have been (10-15% less). If I had done more research before I booked our flights, I could have chosen a different week and stayed in the Atlantis Harborside - many weeks are available through VRBO that would have cost us less for an entire week at Harborside than what we paid at Comfort Suites.

Overall, I am glad that we went. I feel like this was a bucket list destination. We stayed for 5 nights and I felt that was long enough. However, I don't think I would want to go back - there are many other more interesting, less expensive places to go. Love Trip Advisor - most people's comments are dead on. Everyone talks about the prices on Paradise Island and they are not exaggerating - but you need to know that in advance and plan for it so you can enjoy your vacation and not be in sticker shock!

4 Thank Carol L
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi Carol,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the fact that you took the time out to share your stay. We look forward to having you visit Comfort Suites Paradise Island again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Conveniently located for the evening walk Marina, with shops, music and restaurants, and Atlantis structure. The way to the beach and the pools is almost totally inside Atlantis building with air conditioning and every kind of shops, even an aquarium and a casino...I would have appreciated a map or more signs to find more easily the way the first day, but for the rest I had a wonderful staying and I would come back to the same hotel anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 11 July 2014

Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here through a Costco package- and if I were to return to Paradise Island, would most certainly stay here. The free breakfast is great and the location perfect- right across the street from Marina Village. The rooms are small, however, and so is the pool- but with the Atlantis pools closing at 7, the Comfort Suites is a great deal!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Vacation in Paradise. We will continue to work at ensuring our guests' stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island is comfortable and memorable.

warm Regards,

Director od Sales
stan279
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I decided to take a trip to the Bahamas the week of July 4th, 2014. We knew we wanted to be on Paradise Island but the room rates to stay at Atlantis were ridiculously high. After seeing the reviews for the comfort suites we decided to give it a chance. Our final trip cost with flights was about half that of staying at the Atlantis beach towers with the same flights.

Just to have some bearing on the reviewer (me), my family and I are from NY, we like nice things, good food and enjoy staying in nice hotels just like everyone else. We also really like good deals! With that being said, if you are looking for a 4-5 star upscale resort you are going to be disappointed. This is a very very nice 3 star hotel that definitely has a few signs of aging but all in all is quite lovely, ESPECIALLY for the price. Okay as other people said there are some musky smells (not bad at all - my wife is freaked out by stuff like that and she didn't complain about it once) but it's the Bahamas it's humid every hotel will have that. The water temperature does tend to fluctuate a bit when it's prime shower hours (my wife howled once from the hot to the cold) what I found is just put the water temp on something a little colder than what is ideal and the fluctuates are actually quite lovely a little refreshing cold burst followed by a nice soothing slightly hot burst =). Water pressure isn't great as some said but it's nothing to complain about. Some people complained about the food at the FREE breakfast. This is once again not a 4 star dining experience, what it is is an awesome free breakfast to get your day going. Why people complain about this I don't understand. It's akin to most breakfast buffet options minus the omelet and waffle stations. It's more than adequate. If you want something better go out and get something better this isn't costing you anything anyway!!!

Now to the good. Free wifi and LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! We asked for a room by the Atlantis exit and were put in room 213, 4 doors from the Atlantis exit =). The 2nd level rooms are on the ground floor for the Atlantis exit. When you exit the door you are quite literally across the street from the Atlantis exit going into the Casino area. The walk to the Royal Towers with a stroller (carrying it up and down stairs) was about 5-10 minutes MAX! Some people complained about long wrist band lines but this is something we never experienced once and on a super busy weekend (CS was fully booked from what I saw online - I'm neurotic and will check prices to ensure what I booked for was the best price possible). At the worst there were 2 families in front of us and we waited maybe an additional 5-10 minutes? No big deal, I waited and the wife and kid went to go look at the beautiful fishes at the aquarium.

We didn't use the pool or the bar at all so I can't really comment on them as we pretty much just hung out in Atlantis the entire time but they looked good as well.

Activities: We did the Sandy Toes, Rose Island excursion one day and it was AWESOME! I went to Rose Island years ago and i feel like it was a better beach on Rose Island but all in all not too bad for the price (I think my first time was on some snorkel Rose Island tour but I'm not sure which company did it). The other days we spent at Atlantis which was just awesome. Great pools, water rides and beaches. No complaints at all.

Food: Coming from NY I'm a bit of a foodie. All I kept hearing and reading is "you have to go to the fish fry"... so we went to Twin Brothers... our meal cost 60 our taxi round trip was 30... it was NOT worth the money at all. Anthony's down the street from CS and Atlantis had better food. Another meal was spent at the Poop Deck, my son wanted to go because of the name, and it was overpriced as well with decent food. In my opinion still not worth it. Everyone says food on Atlantis is overpriced but it's overpriced everywhere in the Bahamas. At least in Atlantis the quality control overall is much better.

In conclusion. If you want to visit Atlantis but you don't want to spend a ton of money the Comfort Suites is an amaaaaaazing choice! My family and I will definitely be staying here again on our next visit to the Bahamas! Thanks for a great vacation we'll see you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the Atlantis exit. Some people complained the 2nd floor was too noisy but we were...
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank stan279
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. I have shared them with our employees. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

shan sands
New Cumberland, PA
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We can afford it, but I refuse to pay 500-1000 dollars a night for just a room (Atlantis )and no breakfast, when I can stay a few 100 yards away for much less, more room and a free breakfast which was very good. It was beautiful to sit outside in the morning and look at the beautiful Bougainvillea flowers while we were having breakfast down by the pool. They even have a Gazebo with a table in it and a great view of everything. The staff were all so friendly and so helpful, they just made the experience so pleasant for us. I can't emphasize this enough. And also, the cleaning people were friendly, and warm and so willing to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
I honestly didn't like Atlantis at all. I expected a great waterpark (I love waterparks), but the rides were either way to fast and scarey, or as lame as I've ever seen, (lazy river). The lazy river should actually be called the lethargic river! It hardly moved and didn't move at all in some places. If you want really really fancy, then Atlantis is for you. People were walking around even early in the day dressed to the hilt. When I go on vacation, I don't mind dressing up in the evening for a nice dinner, but I prefer more casual dress during the day - shorts, t-shirts, sandals and sneakers, etc. I felt totally comfortable at Comfort Suites whether I wore a long dress or just some nice shorts and a t-shirt.
Tip: The best part of going to Atlantis is the beach on the left side. The beach on the right side is full of salespeople selling all kinds of things, very irritating. When you get in the waterpark area, first thing is ask where the beach is where they don't allow sales people. The water is a beautiful shade of blue and the beach has soft white powdery sand. No boogie boarding here though.
Another tip: Marina Village is nice - don't miss the Junkanoo Parade - it is great! I believe it's on Saturday night and Wednesday during high season. Marina Village is very close to Comfort Suites and has ice cream, some restaurants and entertainment most nights.
Tip: ALWAYS ask how much the taxi fare is. We got ripped off one time. Otherwise Taxi drivers were very nice.
Tip: Best not to drink the tap water. Cheaper to get a taxi to the grocery store across the bridge and stock up on water, snacks, wine, beer, etc. There is a very small grocery within walking distance - higher prices and limited availability of products. There is also a nice drug store there, in the plaza. We got a phone card to call the U.S. at one of the gift shops. (Much cheaper than cell phone rates).
Tip: Church - we had a great experience attending the Zion Baptist Church. They will even take you back over the bridge to the hotel for free. I wish we had one like that here. Lasted 3 hours, but was so inspiring we didn't even mind it.
Overall, don't expect much from Atlantis as a water park. Lots of nice pools though. If I had it to do it over again, My husband and I would just rent a nice condo somewhere in the Bahamas right on the beach. Can't beat that beautiful blue water. Most blue of any Caribbean Island I have seen. Take care and have a great trip! P.S. Get a book, very helpful and so is TripAdvisor of course!

Room Tip: Just ask for whatever you want (quiet, close to pool, etc.) and they will do their best to accommoda...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank plsdms

Shan Sands,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!