“Nice for the Price”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Hackensack, NJ
“Nice for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

If you are planning a trip to Atlantis / Paradise Island, you are not going to be in your room. There is so much to do - get out and enjoy the beach, explore the property and check out all those fantastic water slides and aquariums. Now the Comfort Suites is not luxurious. Under any other circumstances, I would not even consider, but for this trip - IT WAS PERFECT.

This property is clean, from top to bottom. The staff is fantastic and if you have teens who love their phones - FREE WIFI. We had a 2-bed Junior Suite. The beds are doubles, so the sofa bed, definitely came in handy. Excellent air conditioning and a decent breakfast. There are taxis everywhere so you don't have to worry about transportation and entrance to Atlantis - is literally across the street.

I don't have any negative remarks for this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get there close to check-in time, they will not let you in before time.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank enjayflyer
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjojed your Vacation in Paradise. We will continue to work at ensuring our guests' stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island is comfortable and memorable.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
Woodbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Comfort Suites is the bargain of the century! If you are like me then you will be so glad you stayed here rather than at the much more expensive Atlantis.
This is a 3 star hotel. It is not a luxury hotel. It is clean, simple, and pleasant. The staff was great! They were everywhere, maids, guards, managers. You couldn't walk 10 feet without someone saying hello and offering a warm smile. The room was very comfortable. The only issue we had with the hotel was that the fire alarm went off 5 times over 3 nights. It was just a short burst but enough to get you out of bed. The location was wonderful just .10 of a mile from the CS door to the Atlantis door.

Our room was on the 2nd floor about as far from the Atlantis door as you could get. It took about 15 minutes to walk through the hotel, over to Atlantis, and through to the water park. Most of the walk is in a luxury “mall”, through the casino and the aquarium. It was very pleasant with a lot to look at and many great photo opportunities. We were a party of 6 which included 2 kids (11 and 12). No one ever complained about the walk.

The breakfast was good AND FREE! I don’t understand how other reviewers could complain about it. They had 2 locations. One was very close to our room and the other was near the pool. We ate by the pool each morning. It was really nice sitting outside under the palm trees. They had eggs, sausage, either corned beef hash or bacon, toaster waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit and yogurt. Beverages included coffee, tea, milk, OJ and apple juice. The day we arrived we asked one of the staff members the best time to go and she said before 8:00. She was right. We went at 7:45 the first day and hardly anyone was there yet and everything was well stocked. On the mornings we went at 8:00 or 8:15 it was quite a bit busier and when we passed by at 9:00 or 9:30 it was packed.

The pool and pool bar were both nice and clean. PJ, the evening bartender makes a great tropical drink called the PJ Special, fruity and delicious. The kids loved the Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris. We spent 4 out 5 nights by the pool.

I booked through Hotels.com and all of the extra fees were included in what I paid at the time of booking. I felt like I got a great deal by staying here! People at the Atlantis were paying triple what I paid. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We were in 287. It was far from the door to the Atlantis Walk and the pool but was very quiet. I wou...
4 Thank nicolemck
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. I have shared them with the team. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tilden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well worth the money. We booked the kids stay free special which was a great deal. We were able to access everything Atlantis had to offer. Great central location close to it all. We frequented Marina Village nightly which was right out our door. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Everything was always clean and fresh.

• Stayed July 2014
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Vacation in Paradise. We will continue to work at ensuring our guests' stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island is comfortable and memorable.

Goshen, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed at Comfort Suites as a party of three mid August. The ride from the airport was about 30 minutes. Cannot say enough about how beautiful Nassau is. The beaches at Atlantis are better than any I have been to - calm, crystal clear water; clean, soft sand and plenty of room to stretch out. Comfort Suites is located directly across the street and about a 5 minutes walk to Atlantis. It is not beachfront. We stayed here so we could use the Atlantis facilities for a fraction of the cost and I think we got our money's worth. The hotel staff was helpful, friendly and quick to serve your needs. I see a lot of talk about the free breakfast on Trip Advisor so here's the scoop on that: it is basic and very, very crowded. Hard to find a place to sit and eat no matter what time you go and you will likely sit at a dirty table just to get a seat. The food at the breakfast buffet is basic but was good enough for us (we are not big breakfast people) - toast, cereal, fruit, good coffee, juices, eggs and sausage or bacon. As far as the other dining facilities at the hotel, their restaurant serves lunch and dinner (until 9pm). Food there is very good and more reasonably priced than Atlantis. We had drinks at the pool bar one afternoon and they were terrific. But chances are, if you are staying here, it is strictly to save some money over staying at Atlantis. So you have to know you are not getting the luxury you would expect at Atlantis. If you have realistic expectations about that, you will find that the cost of Comfort Suites is comparable to the quality. The rooms were always clean with good air conditioning. Water pressure in the shower was not the best but bearable. Beds were old and quite uncomfortable but, again, bearable. WiFi is $25 a day at Atlantis and free at Comfort Suites. For some reason, the Hotel's fire alarm went off at least once each day we were there - once at 3:15 in the morning. I don't know what that was about - a little annoying but it stopped almost immediately so certainly not a reason to give a bad review. You have full charging privileges at Atlantis through use of a card issued to you by Comfort Suites. You do have to walk over each day and get a new wrist band from Atlantis but we never waited long and it was very convenient not to have to carry a credit card around. The surrounding area is family oriented and safe to walk around even at night. There is a nice shopping center across the street from Comfort where you can get souvenirs for reasonable prices. There is also a restaurant there that serves pizza and your basics for less than the Atlantis restaurants. To give you an idea what it costs to eat, plan on a lot. We ate one night at Murray's Deli over at Atlantis - basic stuff (chicken fingers, a veggie wrap, a burger and three sodas plus a slice of cake - $100). Marketplace Buffet at Atlantis is $50 a meal (per adult) Their pizza place, Marina's cost me over $50 for 4 slices of pizza and drinks. Alcoholic drinks will cost around $10 each. Despite the expensive food, this trip was amazing. we stayed 4 days and did not even get through all of Atlantis. The aquariums, the water park, the pools, the beaches, the casino - it really does have something for everyone. The architecture and décor alone are worth going to look at. Overall, if we stayed in Nassau again, I might go for a little more money and stay at Atlantis, but that is only because I was so blown away by it. As far as Comfort Suites, it was exactly what I expected (maybe a little better) ... a true 3 star.
As an aside - if you go to Nassau and are looking for an excursion, I would recommend the day trip to Blue Lagoon Island. the Ferry is right across the street from Comfort Suites and the island was probably the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We did the sea lion excursion and the all inclusive beach day and it was worth every penny and then some.
We also went to a public beach one afternoon just to check out the other beaches in the area and I would say steer clear - the Cove beach at Atlantis is second to none as far as water quality, swimming and beauty and the public beach was mobbed with peddlers trying to sell you everything from hair braiding to drinks to jet ski rides. They accepted "no" for an answer without a hassle but it was a lot less relaxing than the private beach at the hotel.

4 Thank getmetothebeach71
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We appreciate having you as our guests.
We are elated to hear that you got "your money's worth" and the fact that our staff were helpful and friendly to you during your stay. We do apologize for the fire alarm going off in the wee hours of the morning. we have since rectified that problem.
You comments expressed you enjoyment you experienced during your stay with us. We sincerely trust that you will revisit us again in the future.
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just returned yesterday from a 6 night stay at the Comfort Suites.

Pros: Location- short walk to the Atlantis where you have awesome amenties, free breakfast, free wi fi

Cons: Room was actually a tad smaller than I thought it would be based on the pictures, wifi was very spotty, housekeeping was good but due to our room location (end of hall)we still had not been serviced at 3 pm- so we had to decline it - annoying when you pay fees to have it (mandatory). We ran out of hot water twice, and service in the lunch/dinner restaurant was SUPER slow- but the food was decent.

We had an awesome vacation- the staff was very nice and friendly overall. We always got a table easily at breakfast- but we ate around 7:30 am daily. If we decided to go back to Paradise Island, we did decide we would stay at one of the Atlantis hotels- they were much more luxurious= ie: the grounds/lobby- which we found we enjoyed touring with the kids to see all of the marine animals.

Overall a good stay- and great option for more budget minded travelers.

2 Thank trvlnut18
Thank you for taking the time to share comments of your stay with us. We do appreciate having you as our guests.
We do apologize for not making your room up earlier and that fact that you had to wait on your food in our restaurant. We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay an enjoyable one.
We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Arouca, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Was definitely surprised by what I received compared to what I paid for. The price was exceptional for what we received. You can't go wrong booking here but please do it through Expedia as I did, otherwise you may be faced with additional charges at the end of your stay. The rooms are very clean and nice, so is the rest of the hotel. Exactly what I needed for the time we were there. Perfect location to Atlantis without paying the Atlantis room prices. Free access to Atlantis and the water park when you stay at Comfort Suites. You also have signing access at Atlantis when you stay here, therefore it makes it plenty easier.

Another great advantage is free Wifi whereas you have to pay for it if you stay at Atlantis and most other hotels nearby.

The free breakfast was the only place I might complain a bit. It's basically the same food everyday but thankfully it saves you from buying breakfast. The area in which it was served is way too small for the number of people staying there, who do take advantage of the meal. Also, when something is finished, it's not replaced in a timely manner, but if you do let the staff know they would check and replace. We ate breakfast at Crusoe's. The staff there was friendly enough.

Take note to purchase lots of water outside Paradise Island. Water is expensive there, you can pay up to $2.50 for a regular sized bottle but can get it for $1 elsewhere.

If you do stay here you can have dinner at Montagu Gardens. They pay for your taxi ride over to them and drop you back to the hotel after dinner. The food was really good, average price and service was exceptional, ask for Marvin to wait your table.

All in all I had a great stay at Comfort Suites. Would have given five stars but the breakfast issue took it down a notch. Had no regrets otherwise. Will stay there again if ever I want to return to Atlantis

Room Tip: We stayed in 115, perfect location for getting to Atlantis esp if you have a stroller. There is a ra...
4 Thank Roanne0709
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

San Sands
Vail, co
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in July with my three boys. Most reviews were very good for this hotel and I would agree. we saved $1500 over the package we were considering at Atlantis, which doesn't take into account the free wifi and free breakfast! We had plenty of room - two beds plus a pull out couch. The refrigerator in the room was great. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options for all of us. Some people said the walk was far - but not for us. We stayed on the "far end" of the hotel so had to walk through the hotel to the exit and then across the street to Atlantis. I measured the distance and it was about 3/4 mile from our room to my chair at the pool. Maybe that is far if you are carrying a baby but it was fine for us. We ate at the pool each day where there were reasonable options. I had also packed snacks so I didn't have to buy any there. The kids were so exhausted after a full day at the water park that we didn't even go out to dinner two nights. We ordered pizza (Anthony's across the street was great) and got Quiznos one night. We also ate at the hotel restaurant one night, which was fine but service was very slow! One night they wouldn't even take my order to just get some wings as they were too busy. They need to work on that! If we ever go back to Atlantis I won't even consider staying any where but here! Everyone that worked here was super friendly - they always greeted you when they saw you in the hall and made conversation at breakfast, etc. Very friendly staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ellen M
Thank you for your wonderful remark. I have shared them with our employees. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,704 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,661 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!