Our experience here at the Paradise Island Beach Club wasn't what we really expected. The resort itself is amazing! The beach is beautiful and the weather is awesome, but the price of everything is outrageous!
When we first got here, our flight was delayed and we didn't get here until after dark. So, we took a taxi so we could get to our hotel and it cost us $30.00 just to get from Nassau to Paradise Island. For those of you who have not stayed in the Bahamas, Nassau to Paradise Island isn't that far. The next day we went to the Mini Mart located right in the resort, we picked up some food for lunch and breakfast and spent nearly $150.00 just on small items (for ex. orange juice, pop, lunch meat, etc.). Don't forget the $120.00 if you want to ride on the Ski-Doos for 1 hour and $65.00 for a half hour ride. The restaurants here aren't impressive and they are very expensive no matter where you go to eat, unless it's Quiznos Subs or Subway. Our first night, we went out to eat for supper and the meal was $62.00 for just two plates!
Oh, I can't forget to mention that they charge a 15% gratuity tax everywhere you go out to eat and at all of the places we went out to eat, they didn't deserve a 15% gratuity. The services at the restaurants are horrible!
In all, we would have to say that we will NEVER go back to the Bahamas again! We had read a review before going to the Bahamas and was told that this was better than Hawaii. We would much rather go back to Hawaii again than ever go back to the Bahamas. We would much rather have spent the extra money and went back to Hawaii or gone to Florida.
If you want a place with beautiful weather, beaches and somewhere you can actually go out and not spend an arm and a leg for everything, then I wouldn't suggest going to the Bahamas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front property, with 44 villas, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full equipped kitchen, living and dining room, personal balconies, out door barbecue grills. The furthest villa is less than 200 feet from the beach. Ideally located, private with quiet beach where you feel at home, close to many amenities, Casino, Golf course, restaurants, night life, airport and hospitals. On property there are two heated pools, two bars, a swim up bar and grill, Gym, Convenience store with a deli, wine and liqour store with a gift shop. There are complimentary bikes, beach chairs and umbrellas. free wi-fi Flat screen TV's in every room, Villa sleeps six. Perfect for families or two couples, we have been satisfying repeat customers for over twenty five years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Island Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Beach Club Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Beach Resort
- Paradise Island Beach Hotel
- Paradise Island Beach Club Bahamas