“Summer Paradise”

Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I debated writing this review for selfish reasons, I wanted to keep this little treasure,
Sunrise Beach, for myself. Alas, my unselfish side prevailed and I decided to let
everyone else in on the secret. If you like beautiful beaches, comfortable beds, spacious
apartments, real kitchens, and easy access to Atlantis, then this is the place for you. Oh
I forgot to mention that it is affordable, we stayed eight nights for less than $2,000 USD.

We loved our stay, the second time we have visited Nassau. Carla and her staff made
our trip wonderful. We stayed in apartment 110, our air conditioning was out the first day,
we really could not tell, but Jackson, my fellow San Antonio Spurs fan, had it repaired
in less than 2 hours. We washed our clothes for around $10 in the washroom at the location.

I suggest walking to the end of the Cabbage beach, where there is a rock ledge, it is a great place for snorkeling. You can see plenty of Sargent Major's swimming near the ledge.

We rented a car and if you can handle driving on the left side of the road, I would strongly recommend making the invsetment. Nassau is a beuatiful island with other beaches and sights you can enjoy. Armed with our Garmin GPS we were able to drive around we went to MONTAGU BEACH, Potter's Cay for some of great snapper and grouper at DOC SANDS. We drove to the fish fry and again enjoyed some fine seafood at Twin Brother's. We wentt to the Harbot Plaza and pruchased some breakfast food we cooked each morning and a beach unbrella and beach chair so we could seat out on the beach.

I almost forgot to mention Viola's, the restaurant on the property, and makers of the best
piña colada I have ever had!

Thank you Carla and staff, God willing we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gemdata

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We travelled from Australia to Bahamas in April. I stayed here with my husband and 3 children 10,12&13 after we had stayed at the Atlantis for the first night. I wish had've stayed here from the start. We had a 2 bed roomed villa with sofa bed. It was clean, beds made everyday, a kitchen so we could make our own breakfast. It was in a great location. Close enough to walk to the Atlantis & harbour village. Violas bar had great food at a reasonable price. The staff were very helpful in the office. I would highly recommend staying here to any families. We will be back again! Davis family. Sydney. Australia

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Stuam5
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Awesome condos! The location here is awesome. We also stayed at Atlantis during our trip to Nassau and I must say that Sunrise has a much better beach and location! Will definitely be staying here again. Clean spacious rooms, lovely landscaped resort, great beach and of course Viola's was awesome too! 5/5

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank CanadianCritique
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay at the Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas exceeded all our expectations! The Villas are absolutely beautiful! The Beach was is pristine! The moment we arrived we felt welcomed by the staff. The grounds, pools were impeccable. Violas Restaurant which is located at the Hotel had above average food and was lots of fun in the evening with live entertainment. I would highly recommend to stay in one of the Beach front Villas. It is secluded but close enough to walk to shops and the Atlantis. It also a short 10 minute taxi ride to downtown Nassau. We will return to Nassau and when we do we will return to the Sunrise Beach Clubs and Resort!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any of the waterfront Villas!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scabral
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very lovely, quaint, quiet and relaxing place. The suites are set up like apartment homes to give you a neighborhood feeling. The place is so inviting and inspirational it actually creates a desire to socialize with your neighbors. The beach is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is very helpful. We ended up here after a bad experience late at night. Even though the office was closed, the staff onsite made sure we were taken care of and got checked it. There is a great restaurant there called Viola's. They have great food, great fun and the people make you feel right at home. This is a GREAT stay for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmonkman
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sunrise Beach for my cousin's wedding. Nicole and I are the bookends, that is I am and oldest and she is the youngest with all the other cousins in between. The accommodations were clean, well equipped, and spacious. The office was professionally run and very help in arranging transportation and providing information. All the people we had contact with were very polite and friendly as were all Bahamans we met during our five day stay on the island. Viola's restaurant and bar has very good food and convenient hours and entertainment. On our next visit, I expect we will again stay at the Sunrise Beach hotel. I definitely recommend this very nice hotel. This is a place that is family friendly. They pay attention to the people staying there. To us it is more personable then the huge corporation chain hotels. It is a great place for a family vacation. Visit Nassau and stay at the Sunrise Beach Hotel.
Bill & Sammie Marshall
Gulfport Mississippi USA

Room Tip: Recommend suits 103 thru 109. These are in the front near the pool, office, restaurant, and transpor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

On a very cool beach, within walking distance of Atlantis, but just far away enough that the beach doesn't get crowded. Because of the Atlantis crowd, Sunrise is at the tail end of the peddlers. They're often insistent, but mostly polite. Rent jet skis, buy Cuban cigars, drink rum drinks all day for $20, etc.
We stayed in an efficiency unit; two floors, small kitchen, 1.5 baths, small patio. Nice pool, and p0retty good bar/restaurant, Viola's on premises. Cost was reasonable. Upscale dining nearby. Cab is $3 per person to hit downtown Nassau. Staff very friendly. If you have a group, inquire about the villas, on the beach, with a big deck, grill, etc.
I'd stay there again.

The Royal at Atlantis
#8 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau
The Beach at Atlantis
The Beach at Atlantis
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas? Share your experiences!