I took two 18 year old girls to the Sunrise as a graduation present. We all loved it.
Beach: The beach is gorgeous, the water crystal-clear. The Sunrise beach area is generally quiet and uncrowded, but there was just enough activity to keep the girls entertained -- parasailing, banana boats and jet skis are available right near the Sunrise beach if you want them. Archie's beach bar is right there, and various vendors stroll by offering drinks, hair braiding, jewelery, etc. None of them were ever pushy or intrusive, though... quite the opposite. Polite and in some cases entertaining! The surf was a bit rough a couple days, and fairly calm a couple days. If you bring small children, keep that in mind.
Property & Room: The grounds are beautiful -- the pictures on the website are for real. Pools are lovely. We stayed in 206, which was very nice and clean. It had a washer/dryer which was very convenient. The front desk supplies fresh beach towels, but a few times it was more convenient to just wash a few out. Bathrooms had hair dryers, soap, and shampoo.. The only strange thing -- and I think this may be the case with many of the rooms -- is that one of the bathrooms was RIGHT off the kitchen. That's a bit yucky in my book! The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, utenjsils, dishwashing detergent, etc. There were no paper towels. We happened to have some charcoal for the grill that another guest had left. I left some laundry detergent behind. Basically, outside of the basic kitchen & bath supplies, you will get whatever someone else left behind.
Food: Definitely, stop by City Market and pick up some groceries for the kitchen. I found the prices to be reasonable. More than the States, but not that much more. Viola's is right on site and has decent bar food and a nice, laid back open air atmosphere. Other than that, there are a few reaonable places nearby but not much. There is a Quizno's a few blocks away. Atlantis has some very nice, expensive places.
Service: Chantisee and Alexa at the front desk are great. They will help you with whatever you need. Note, if you charge your hotel bill, there is no currency service fee. It's apparently charged to your card in USD.
Area: As mentioned, the beach is gorgeous. One of the entrances to Atlantis is down the block. Other than Atlantis, there's not a lot of "stuff" in the immediate area. It's generally a quiet and upscale area. We felt very safe to walk around at any hour. All the locals we met (and you will meet them at Viola's) were great. Very nice folks.
Airport & travel: We left Nassau on a Saturday and would have been OK to get to the airport 2 hours ahead of time. However, it wasn't very crowded that day, so you may need more time. It seems like the lines and checkpoints to get out of there will never end. There was even a last check AFTER we were were cleared and at the gate waiting area, right as we entered the plane. We saw one poor guy get pulled aside and searched twice... once at the "regular" x-ray area and then again boarding the plane. Same guy, same stuff. Go figure.
All in all, we had a fantastic stay at the Sunrise! I would definitely go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet beach front hotel and villas to suit all budgets. One bedroom hotel units with efficiency kitchens and private bedroom, up to 5 bedroom 4,000 sq. ft. luxury villas. Viola's Bar and Cafe is within steps of both pools, with Archie's On The Beach to serve refreshments beachside. A 5 minute walk to the Atlantis Casino complex, world class and Bahamian style shopping, and multitudes of restaurants. Historic downtown Nassau 1.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Hotel Paradise Island
- Sunrise Beach Hotel
- Sunrise Beach Resort
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Bahamas/Paradise Island