Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$325
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$1,567
US$726
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$387
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom villacabbage beachshort walkfull kitchenprivate accessthree bedroomon site restaurantdaily maid servicebar and grillgrocery storecab driverwasher dryerbanana boatfresh towelsbeach accesswonderful vacationspent nights
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Great place to stay if you prefer space and peace and quiet. The ambiance is very nice, from the architecture to the amenities to the location on the beach. The room was quite clean, and the bed very comfortable. My one 'nit' is that there was never much hot water (room 102) and that the facility did not offer beach umbrellas (like everything else, they are available for an inflated price from a beach vendor). All of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

If you stay in the '100' numbered rooms, you will not have access to the central courtyard and pool, but the 2nd pool next to Viola's is very nice with an attached kiddie pool and a 'cave' that our youngsters loved.

While it is a bit of a walk in hot weather, one can trek to Atlantis, Marina shops, store, etc without paying for a cab.

The beach is beautiful and the waves quite gentle when we were there, with very soft sand and the clear water looking almost like turquoise glass.

Recommendations: (1) Take lots of good sunscreen. Water and sunscreen are ridiculously priced on Paradise Island. (2) Cab fare adds up quick. If you want to take excursions to New Providence, rent a scooter or car - if you can handle driving left-hand and turnstiles (I saw a few very close calls). (3) Watch out for the jetski hawkers. They are supposed to stay out of the Sunrise's private beach area but often do not. I had words with one who kept telling swimmers to move out of the way and eventually the Port Authority had to come in and talk with them. (4) The bar is nice and relaxed - the drinks stong and the food tasty. Try the tacos. I had good service throughout and a good time talking to the residents who hang out there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank vic370
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I took two 18 year old girls to the Sunrise as a graduation present. We all loved it.

Beach: The beach is gorgeous, the water crystal-clear. The Sunrise beach area is generally quiet and uncrowded, but there was just enough activity to keep the girls entertained -- parasailing, banana boats and jet skis are available right near the Sunrise beach if you want them. Archie's beach bar is right there, and various vendors stroll by offering drinks, hair braiding, jewelery, etc. None of them were ever pushy or intrusive, though... quite the opposite. Polite and in some cases entertaining! The surf was a bit rough a couple days, and fairly calm a couple days. If you bring small children, keep that in mind.

Property & Room: The grounds are beautiful -- the pictures on the website are for real. Pools are lovely. We stayed in 206, which was very nice and clean. It had a washer/dryer which was very convenient. The front desk supplies fresh beach towels, but a few times it was more convenient to just wash a few out. Bathrooms had hair dryers, soap, and shampoo.. The only strange thing -- and I think this may be the case with many of the rooms -- is that one of the bathrooms was RIGHT off the kitchen. That's a bit yucky in my book! The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, utenjsils, dishwashing detergent, etc. There were no paper towels. We happened to have some charcoal for the grill that another guest had left. I left some laundry detergent behind. Basically, outside of the basic kitchen & bath supplies, you will get whatever someone else left behind.

Food: Definitely, stop by City Market and pick up some groceries for the kitchen. I found the prices to be reasonable. More than the States, but not that much more. Viola's is right on site and has decent bar food and a nice, laid back open air atmosphere. Other than that, there are a few reaonable places nearby but not much. There is a Quizno's a few blocks away. Atlantis has some very nice, expensive places.

Service: Chantisee and Alexa at the front desk are great. They will help you with whatever you need. Note, if you charge your hotel bill, there is no currency service fee. It's apparently charged to your card in USD.

Area: As mentioned, the beach is gorgeous. One of the entrances to Atlantis is down the block. Other than Atlantis, there's not a lot of "stuff" in the immediate area. It's generally a quiet and upscale area. We felt very safe to walk around at any hour. All the locals we met (and you will meet them at Viola's) were great. Very nice folks.

Airport & travel: We left Nassau on a Saturday and would have been OK to get to the airport 2 hours ahead of time. However, it wasn't very crowded that day, so you may need more time. It seems like the lines and checkpoints to get out of there will never end. There was even a last check AFTER we were were cleared and at the gate waiting area, right as we entered the plane. We saw one poor guy get pulled aside and searched twice... once at the "regular" x-ray area and then again boarding the plane. Same guy, same stuff. Go figure.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay at the Sunrise! I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KathyP-61
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We were on a cruise with about 60 family members and friends. We were in the Bahamas from noon on Friday until 6 a.m. Saturday, so we decided to rent a villa so that we would have some place to go when not swimming. I am so glad that we chose Sunrise Villas. Chantisse (front desk at Sunrise Villas) was so awesome. She was very helpful in making suggestions on where to go, what to eat, etc. Everything that we asked for, including a bar-b-q grill and floaties, were available in our villa. She took time to send pictures of the villa so we would know what to expect and we were not disappointed. It was clean and just wonderful. If you have an opportunity to visit Paradise Island, I hope you are lucky enough to stay and play.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Shannon911
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My wife and I decided to stay at Sunrise Beach Villas after reading the reviews. We were looking for a reasonably priced, convenient place to the beach and Atlantis. We stayed in a 0ne bedroom apartment near the pool, which was clean and fit our needs. We followed the advise of others and had our cab driver stop at a market (I believe it was called City Market) on the way in from the airport. The prices were a bit high, but not too bad. We had lunch the first day at Viola's, where the food was pretty good, but the service was on the slow side. Some of the other tables had problems with their bills. The other days we ate breakfast and lunch at the room, which saved a bit of $. The beach was great - clean, not too crowded with water sports, chairs and umbrellas available if needed. The last day got a bit crowded when the cruise ship brought their people to the beach. The beach bar was convenient and reasonably priced. They had a good variety which we sampled during our time on the beach. The location was just a short walk from Atlantis, where we went every evening. We had never been to Atlantis before and were extremely impressed, although fortunately we didn't have to pay to stay there. We have a 12 year old special needs child who would have loved all of the activities there. We hope to bring him back there in the next few years, where it is much more kid friendly. We had dinner one night at The Green Parrot - which was fair, Arthur's at the nearby shopping center - which was above average and Bimini Road in Atlantis Marina Village - which we liked. The staff at Sunrise Beach office was very helpful, the housekeeping staff was fine and there seemed to be sufficient security around the grounds. We were told to arrive at the airport between 2 1/2 - 3 hours before our flight, although it only took 15 minutes to get through check-in and customs. We would recommend this place to others and would stay here again if we come back without our son.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mdmink
Reviewed 11 May 2010

There are so many wonderful things I can say about this property, the people, the location and the simplicity of it all. On my vacations my only request to to make it simple and clean, which it was. I do not want to be crowded or over booked with activities and at SRBC you can find that. If you need activity you can go to Atlantis one evening and check out the property, as my husband and I did. We stopped at the Mesa Grille for dinner which was superb and then strolled home to our quite little room. On Wed and Fri they had Karaoke at Viola's which we attended, did not participate although Jackson did try his best to recruit us, but thoroughly enjoyed it. You can hear it from the rooms, but just barely. Was more amusement than annoyance. You could always find a place to sit under a palm tree to be alone or stroll into Viola's sit at the bar and have a drink and chat with the locals. Truly the best of both worlds. If there was any negative, it was just decor, it was a bit dated on the units that face the front pool. I looked at a few when I first checked in and picked my favorite. They were very patient with me:) But all were very clean and after my 1st pina colada and my stress subsided it did not matter much at all. All the ladies that worked there were so kind, greeted me with a smile every day and helped with my every reques. Even odd requests like finding a great place to get a tattoo and helping me print my design. It was I am so happy with my decision to stay here and look forward to going back with my whole family next summer.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple