Stayed June 17th through the 22nd and overall really enjoyed our visit. The Beach Tower room #4123 was nice. Our room was colorful, clean and spacious for our family of four. The bathroom was large and clean with a granite sink counter top. No complaints about our ocean view room with balcony although the view overlooked the roof below. We booked through our travel agent and only did the breakfast meal plan which was good. Next time I'd look into the dinner plan too. Breakfast for us was the buffet at Seagrapes and was great. Fresh fruit, omelets made to order, pastries, drinks and all the standard buffet fair. I did appreciate that they had soy milk upon request for my daughter who has dairy issues. If we were to eat breakfast at Seagrapes without the meal plan it would run us about $85 which includes the gratuity that is included everywhere you go! We could have gone to another restaurant on premises but we didn't feel the need.
We spent every day in the pools and ocean so we picked up lunch at the buildings by the pools. The lunches were mainly chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps etc. and were not ridulously expensive.
The pools and lazy rivers are wonderful. The lazy river by our tower was very relaxing and shady and we enjoyed it. The other lazy river with the rapids is the absolutely best lazy river I have ever been on. We were on it for HOURS and only left as we wanted to get dinner. The landscaping and atmosphere is so pretty and the ocean is so beautiful.
We went to different places for dinner and found that everywhere you go is SO expensive. I don't mind paying for good food but we didn't find any really good food. We went to Anthony's Grill just down the street from the Beach Tower for our first night because it was close by. It was ok - nothing to rave about. I got a small piece of unseasoned dry salmon, a baked potato and a small carrot veggie serving for $40. Our bill was $140 for two adult dinners and a 7-year old pasta dinner and 9-year old kid's meal (can't remember but maybe a hot dog). We also visited the Fish Fry for dinner one night - don't waste your time unless you like mostly fried foods. It's just a bunch of small buildings and I wasn't comfortable with the area with my small children. There were dogs just roaming around the street. We went to the Seagrapes dinner buffet one night. I don't eat much beef so there wasn't alot of choices for me but I really enjoyed my salad and vegetables and dessert. The prices of the buffet are $40 for adults and $20 for children so it ended up about $138. I would go back because it was convenient. Our last night we went to Cafe Matisse in Nassau. The place is beautiful and there were alot of business people there enjoying their meals. Our bill was $250 which included a $57 wine bottle and my $40 seafood dish of 2 shrimp, 2 scallops, one s m a l l lobster piece and some squid....that was all. It had olive oil drizzeled on it. Not really worth it but the appetizer soup I ordered was great.
The Beach Tower was a really great place to stay. We were by the big towers on Saturday when all the cruise ships came in and the pools were overly crowded. I really like the quiet of our building so I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Destinology so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island