“Beautiful and expensive trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
New Jersey
“Beautiful and expensive trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed June 17th through the 22nd and overall really enjoyed our visit. The Beach Tower room #4123 was nice. Our room was colorful, clean and spacious for our family of four. The bathroom was large and clean with a granite sink counter top. No complaints about our ocean view room with balcony although the view overlooked the roof below. We booked through our travel agent and only did the breakfast meal plan which was good. Next time I'd look into the dinner plan too. Breakfast for us was the buffet at Seagrapes and was great. Fresh fruit, omelets made to order, pastries, drinks and all the standard buffet fair. I did appreciate that they had soy milk upon request for my daughter who has dairy issues. If we were to eat breakfast at Seagrapes without the meal plan it would run us about $85 which includes the gratuity that is included everywhere you go! We could have gone to another restaurant on premises but we didn't feel the need.

We spent every day in the pools and ocean so we picked up lunch at the buildings by the pools. The lunches were mainly chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps etc. and were not ridulously expensive.

The pools and lazy rivers are wonderful. The lazy river by our tower was very relaxing and shady and we enjoyed it. The other lazy river with the rapids is the absolutely best lazy river I have ever been on. We were on it for HOURS and only left as we wanted to get dinner. The landscaping and atmosphere is so pretty and the ocean is so beautiful.

We went to different places for dinner and found that everywhere you go is SO expensive. I don't mind paying for good food but we didn't find any really good food. We went to Anthony's Grill just down the street from the Beach Tower for our first night because it was close by. It was ok - nothing to rave about. I got a small piece of unseasoned dry salmon, a baked potato and a small carrot veggie serving for $40. Our bill was $140 for two adult dinners and a 7-year old pasta dinner and 9-year old kid's meal (can't remember but maybe a hot dog). We also visited the Fish Fry for dinner one night - don't waste your time unless you like mostly fried foods. It's just a bunch of small buildings and I wasn't comfortable with the area with my small children. There were dogs just roaming around the street. We went to the Seagrapes dinner buffet one night. I don't eat much beef so there wasn't alot of choices for me but I really enjoyed my salad and vegetables and dessert. The prices of the buffet are $40 for adults and $20 for children so it ended up about $138. I would go back because it was convenient. Our last night we went to Cafe Matisse in Nassau. The place is beautiful and there were alot of business people there enjoying their meals. Our bill was $250 which included a $57 wine bottle and my $40 seafood dish of 2 shrimp, 2 scallops, one s m a l l lobster piece and some squid....that was all. It had olive oil drizzeled on it. Not really worth it but the appetizer soup I ordered was great.

The Beach Tower was a really great place to stay. We were by the big towers on Saturday when all the cruise ships came in and the pools were overly crowded. I really like the quiet of our building so I would recommend it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank davidaeb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Haddonfield, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I arrived in our room at the Beach Tower (nicely upgraded to ocean view) to find the wallpaper in the bathroom ripped, the bathtub's chalk was moldy and the entire room and hotel appears old and dated. The management offered to change my room, but said all rooms were the same. The beds were sagging in the middle and many of the towels had holes. I was so disappointed. I found much of the grounds around the Beach Tower to follow the hotel...old and in need of repairs, missing paint & plaster.
Atlantis is the so expensive, I arrived expecting a 4 star stay but found a 2 star experience.
I would never return! Patty Stern--Haddonfield

4 Thank Kitdakota

Travellers are raving about these Paradise Island hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed in Beach tower from June 15-21. The room was small, but it was nice and clean. Beach tower is a 3 and a half star hotel, so we don't have very high expectation. Staff was nice and helpful. We got a package with Costco with value plan meal. It worked out great for us. Beach tower is a little far from the water park, but the walk was not bad. We were glad that we were able to walk a little bit to balance out all food that we ate at the buffet every day.

3 Thank newbees
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

And although it's beautiful a beautiful location and the facilities are world class, they have the worst customer service on the planet!!!!
We stay in a $600 a night room, that's the size of my master bathroom, and this place nickel and dimes you for everything. Fresh towels, $15 a day. They don't even ask you if you want them. A Ben and Jerry's kid sized ice cream cone? $10, and I'm not kidding. You leave the resort and head over the bridge into Nassau (It's a little seedy in parts, but I highly recommend going during the day time and in a group because it's a great cultural experience), and everything's only slightly more expensive than home. Don't expect to see the dollar menu at the McDonalds, and expect to pay about 25% more. But they sell knock offs, amazing artisan made crafts, and fun souvenirs under the bridge. There's a bus that will take you, but Atlantis doesn't advertise it so you need to ask at the help desk at Coral Towers (the one near the library and the bar).

But anyways, don't expect any complementary services. Expect to pay out the butt for anything that involves so much as someone having to get up from their seat. You need to use the microwave for formula or medicine? There isn't a microwave on the floor or in the room. You have to give it to room service, they'll bring it back 20 minutes later, lukewarm and with a $4 bill for the heating. Forget about saving leftovers for lunch. Meals can easily be $40-50 but you just have to throw it out because there's nothing to do with it. The mini bar is too small for additional snacks, and you can't take anything out of it. I had trouble with my itinerary this year, so I called the help line. It took me two hours, everyone I spoke to pretty much just said tough noodles, one gentleman named Earl was even rude to me. Told me if I wasn't satisfied, that was my "own damn business" and that I could call back later but it wouldn't do me any good. My problem never was solved, and the kids were disappointed that they didn't get to go snorkeling. I wasn't even being snippy considering how long they put me on hold, which was an hour and a half, in case you were wondering. This place keeps going down, down, down.
Many of the hotel employees are nice, but I'm certain that their main concern is your money.
And that waterpark? They rent out the rights to use it to cruise ships. So expect for it to be absolutely packed between the hours of noon and five. Like, the kiddie pool is a sea of bodies, you'll be waiting at least half an hour to go on a tower slide, you can forget about finding tubes on the rapid river ride, and once you get past the fork in the ride, you'll be waiting at least an hour if you want to go on the tube slide (we routinely waited over an hour on the weekends). Your best bet is to go around 6pm and stay until it closes at seven. Also, there are jellyfish in the lagoon outside Royal Tower. My elderly mother's leg got stung so much, it looked awful. There are also jellyfish in the ocean, but they're not as bad as in the lagoon. I got one on my arm, and everyone joked that it looked like Hawaii, a place that we've been to several times and recommend more highly than this place. It's much more reasonable and enjoyable.

All in all, this place would probably be wonderful for a honeymoon, but I really wouldn't recommend bringing your kids here. The Florida Keys and Maui (the big island) Hawaii, and St. Thomas/St. Croix are all places we have been to and recommend to friends. This place is a headache!! I thought they'd work out the kinks by the time I came back next year, and it was worse than before.

5 Thank DisdainfulinDC
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed there for 4 nights .everything is so expensive .the workers at the hotel are trained to charge you as much as they can when they can. Even after you pay all that 500 to 700 dollars per night ,they catch you with another 200 dollars at the end for room service and gratuity and all kind of things and this is not told to you in advanced. The casino staff are bunch of crooks and they are there to take all your money with no merci .at least in other places they let you win a bit. Here there is no such a thing .you just loose. Asked for a bottle of water and a can of coke at the bar and they wanted 13.80 us dollar for that ! even after we gave them a 20 dollar bill ,the person just walked away and did not come back so you would give up on the rest of your money and may be they pocket it. They are all Bunch of crooks .for the money you want to get ripped off ,you are better at other hotels or may be even other countries

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank babakzahed
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed 4 nights at the Beach Tower and loved it. Included in our package which I booked on-line, was free companion airfare, free daily breakfast buffet at the Marketplace, free dolphin experience and free fourth night if you book three nights. We didn't have the meal plan and it was fine. We ate at Carmines, Murrays Deli, poolside cafe and The Point and Harborside. Most of the time, we split our meals because the portions are huge. If you go to the Marketplace for their wonderful breakfast buffet say hello to Vanria. She is the nicest waitress ever!! Overall, we had a great time and plan to go back in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the Water View at the Beach Tower
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SoccerMom038
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were offered Comp Room at the Beach Tower for 3 nights. We've stayed at the Coral Tower which is closest to the Casino, which we love. Upon arrival our room view was of the rooftop, I quickly called the Front Desk and requested another room. We were quickly given an apology and moved to a room o the 8th floor over looking the pool, fish tanks and direct oceanview. This view could not have been lovelier....This is what visiting the Bahamas is all about. We have been to the Bahamas 2x a year for the past 6 years and have never been disappointed with the people, service, or food. Those who have complaints should think twice before writing anything negative. Look in your own backyard and realize what you encounter if you visit NJ or even Ocean City, Maryland (which we also love). Wherever you go the way you speak and treat others is the way you will be treated in return. Asking nice will always get you somewhere :)

Room Tip: Ask nicely upon arrival and have patience...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,471 reviews
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,528 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!