Ok, after searching sites and talking to travel agents, we settled on the Atlantis for our vacation this year. We usually do the Vegas thing but wanted something different and tropical. That's exactly what we got. It was a beautiful place with excellent pools, beaches and activities. We read all the reviews on here and were franky a little scared of what to expect. Many people said the food was bad, the service stunk and there was nothing to do. I wish I lived their exciting lives because we were impressed with the place! The food wasn't bad, the service was actually great and there was a lot to do.
(I think the servers will treat you the way you treat them and if you are demanding and a pain in the butt, they are not going out of their way to treat you like a king. But if you say hello, and are friendly from the start, they will go out of their way to help. Says something about some of these reviewers, huh?) The place is pricy, there is no doubt about that. But if you did any research before going, you would know that and plan accordingly. We (2 of us) didn't get a mean plan and don't eat 3 squares a day usually so we spent about $40/day on a large mid afternoon meal and snaked later in the evening. No big deal and we ended up saving money. We spent most of the time at the Royal Baths pool since we were complimentarily upgraded from the Coral to the Royal towers and it was closer with less kids. We did explore the other pools too and enjoyed them all. Lazy River was a MUST DO. So relaxing! It was absolutely beautiful. The theater was open with complimentary movies so we did that in the evening. (Not big drinkers here...) We walked the grounds in the evening and took in the atlantic breeze. It was very relaxing. I guess my point is, know what to expect and you will not be disappointed. Tips: Pack a suitcase with snacks. Be nice and smile at the workers and it will go very far for you. Take the tour of the grounds when you get there. It's free and will help you plan out the week. Go to the Dig. Take in a free movie. Relax, you're on vacation and relinquish a little control, isn't that what it's all about?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Destinology, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island