We just returned from a trip to Atlantis from 3/19/14- 3/23/14. We were originally scheduled to stay through 3/25/14 but decided to leave early. I can barely begin to describe my disappointment with the entire stay at Atlantis "resort". To begin, when I booked the trip, I asked the Atlantis customer service agent what would be the best room/suite for my family of 5 (I have 3 children ages 7,2 and 1). She suggested we stay at the Coral towers, as this is a centrally located tower. Unfortunately, the only rooms available there at the time were terrace view but I went ahead and booked anyway, thinking that I'm sure the rooms had to be beautiful considering the cost ($342/per night).
When we arrived we were given a room on the ground floor (room 2315) with no view but that of an overgrown garden which completely obstructed any sunlight. Additionally the room reminded me of a room at a Howard Johnson...old, musty, cheesy decor. I couldn't believe that I had spent so much to stay in such a horrible (and did i mention TINY) room. Also, because the room is on the first floor, it was a main hall leading to and from the pool area, high traffic and very noisy. Bear in mind I have young children.
My husband called to have our room changed or upgraded (we would have paid for an upgrade) and were then shown to a room on the 4th floor (4315) and told this was our only option as the whole resort was sold out. We took this room primarily because it got sun and the view of the overgrown garden was slightly better.
Other than the marginally better view, this room was atrocious and downright gross. Apart from being tiny, and obviously not well maintained or updated, the overall cleanliness of this room was clearly lacking. Our bathroom had black hairs from a previous guest all over the floors, walls and counter, the faucet handle leaked, the under rim of the sink was black moldy and the mirror and furniture had finger smudges.
The staff of the hotel always passed the buck when asked very simple questions and we were usually passed to at least three people before we could get any type of answer.
Besides being completely overpriced, the food in the restaurants we ate at (Bimini Road, Marketplace) was not very good. The only exception to this being Nobu and Carmine's.
Overall I'd say that I'm was extremely disappointed in our stay at Atlantis and will not be going back. If you are planning a trip to the Bahamas, wait until December when Baha Mar opens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the pristine white Paradise Island beach just steps away, the Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms at our resort hotel in the Bahamas have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island