Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Mississauga, Canada
“Rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Beautiful time on Paradise Island. Hotel lovely amenities handy everywhere.. Met family there for birthday and anniversary.. Dinner on the pier at the Harbour condos, excellent meal..
Haven't been to Paradise Island since the sixties it sure has changed but will return sooner next time...

Room Tip: ask for ocean side, they will tell you you have a terrace but it may be over looking the conference...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I paid $229 a night for the Beach Tower. I've been coming to Atlantis since it opened and it's going down hill and I see nothing indicating it's going back uphill anytime soon. In addition to this the Beach Tower is the "cheapest" which is fine as my wife and I take 4+ vacations a year so I don't need a "lifetime experience."

With the Baha Mar set to be complete in December I'm not sure what Atlantis is going to do. They've let a lot of the property decay to the point where major renovations are going to have to happen. Aged carpet, stucco that's cracked in major points, and steel supports so rusted I don't even think they can angle grind the rust out. I don't understand why they didn't just maintain the property but it's in rough shape.

The food is ridiculously overpriced for what you get. I expect 5 stars at 100 a person. 5 stars. Not even 4 1/2 for that price and I've eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world. Most of these places are 3 1/2 to maybe a 4 star at the best moment.

The casino is a casino that I'm sure isn't regulated.. Their ATM also managed to ping me twice so now I have to deal with the bank. With the amount I was withdrawing I'm sure there is an algorithm that thought I wouldn't notice but I did you thieves.

Be advised the "beach tower" does have beach access but only a few beach views. Most of the rooms are going to be looking onto the roof of the convention center. I don't like looking at roofs so I requested a change which gave me a slight beach view. Get there early to make this happen.

My wife and I sleep in hotels and that's about it. Otherwise we're on a beach or near a pool reading and drinking. For a family of 4 that wants to squeeze in on the cheap this would be a fine place to crash while the kids are playing in the pools or lazy river. It's a self contained area so fairly safe but beware the beach hawks, this isn't a private beach. In some cases they can be downright aggressive and scary. I felt at one point that I was about to be attacked on the beach because I wouldn't buy a cheap wooden flute from some guy. When they get too thick just stay at the pools.

Overall it's an OK place if you get a cheap flight in. It's not "all that" for couples without kids and there are much better destinations throughout the Caribe to enjoy.

Room Tip: In the beach tower request an ocean view as you're checking in! It will save the headache of ent...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robertby
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Be sure to stay at the Royal Towers. It does matter on service. We were on the 17th floor overlooking the marina. Ask for higher floor. Staff was very accommodating as we were there for a Senior Girls trip. Spacious rooms and amenities. Got and received extra pillows, roll away bed and repair of our safe. Take the free shuttle to Cove for beautiful beaches, great pool/beach dining service.Take shuttle to Ocean Club property for dinner. Its all $$$ but it is the Bahamas. Our limo driver Carolyn was better than a taxi for 7 women. (Carolynthompson@hotmail.com) 1-242-427-2422 She took us to grocery and liquor store before the hotel, drove us to/from restaurants, and was always prompt! LOVE her! I kept her card years ago and I'm glad I did. Everyone knows Carolyn at the Atlantis, great having her !! She took great care of us!

Room Tip: We stayed on 17 th floor of East Tower. Very quiet considering it was spring break with all the ki...
1 Thank Angie K
Fpo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I paid more than $400 a night for a room at the 'Atlantis' not really part of the 'Atlantis' at all. You are treated poorly by staff because you are staying on the 'cheap' side. The only thing included in the stay was the water park which would have been great if I was 5.

They mis-charge items to your room, put holds on your card after you've already paid for the room, the rooms in the Beach Towers are no better than rooms at a Days Inn. I had a view of a parking lot and they call that a 'terrace view'.

The Beach Towers are so far away from everything also. I asked for a survey when checking out and to speak with a manager and the woman at the counter said, "sorry." That's it, that's all I got is a sorry, how about my $800 back lady.

Stay at the Royal Towers or the To Cove stay away from the Beach and Corral Towers, not really part of the Atlantis.

8 Thank Margaret C

Travellers are raving about these Paradise Island hotels

columbus ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a place to fly into and stay for a few days if your taking a cruise I would not visit. The hotel is very very large and a big waste of time and energy. Without being guest you are not welcomed in to much of nothing. You can't even see fish tanks. It's very overpriced.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Anna W
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Atlantis in fantastic place. Would go once on bucket list because it is very expensive compared to other similar typres. Water parks were fantastic Food was great and hotel we stayed at The Cove was great also. Our three kids had a wonderful vacation

Room Tip: When you take the transportation from airport I guess it is customary to ask tourist if they want to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank traveler508
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I visited the resort during a cruise intending to attend the waterpark and the sea lion encounter. After arriving at the hotel at 11:30 am with 4 children aged 4-6 and my mother in her late 60's, I asked for directions to a restaurant for lunch. I was first directed down a very long hall-way to another section of the hotel to a group of restaurants. I was then told by the hostess of the restaurant that they only served breakfast and the only place to get lunch was outside. There was construction at the closest entrance, so we were directed to follow the hallway back and then outside to follow a path and cave to the restaurant. After walking all that way, the restaurant was completely closed and I was accosted by a staff member telling me that I had to pay to get to this part of the resort. I attempted to explain that I was sent there, but she continued to just tell me that I had to leave. I then asked for a manager and again explained that I just was sent back and forth to find lunch for my kids. She finally explained that the only place to eat was in the Marina and instead of simply escorting us through the pool area so that my kids and mom would not have to make the long trip back, instisted that we walk the entire way back. Then on our way - again accosted by another staff member telling us we had to pay to be in the area we were in. I have no problem paying with services/amenities offered by the hotel. We intended to purchase services at the hotel; we just wanted to feed the kids first. As a Florida resident, traveling to the Bahamas is very inexpensive and easy. If we had enjoyed our time there; I would have happily returned for a weekend stay. After the rudeness and complete unwillingness to take responsibility for their staff's mistakes and allow us to walk through a pool area - NEVER!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,512 reviews
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,538 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!