We were very impressed with the accommodations at the Beach Tower. It was very clean and surprisingly nice linens and décor. We loved the lazy rapid river and the pools. The beach was fun too but be ready for solicitors to heckle you the entire time and become rude when you tell them "no thank you".
Now for the negative. If I stayed again I would stay in the Royal Towers because it is a central location. While there, we had a solicitor yell at us, a bouncer shove us off the dance floor, the wait staff was unpleasant, and a bellman scream at us for not reserving our Travel and Leisure tour taxi pickup with the representative in the hotel. We explained we had confirmed our reservation the night before, as that is what we were instructed to do. He insisted that was wrong and that we were not "listening" to him. We finally just had to walk away while he was ranting and raving. Turns out we were right all along, we were picked up on time. Also, if you are a couple of single people traveling, this may not be the resort for you. There are tons of families. Kids are running around everywhere and crazy parents too.
There is 15% gratuity for all restaurants there. We easily spent $100.00 a night per person for food. I feel like the actual waiters knew they would get their tip either way and didn't care about being personable. The guys who poured the water were always super nice though.
The women at the resort were super nice and often apologized for the behavior of the men. Which I thought was interesting. Also, if you are a young single girl be prepared to be hit on constantly by the staff and constant inappropriate comments made on a constant basis.
Overall, this was not the resort for me. I want to be treated with respect anywhere I go, especially if I am paying for it Also, there were just too many kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the pristine white Paradise Island beach just steps away, the Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms at our resort hotel in the Bahamas have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island