“we won't go back!”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Service was terrible, the female staff rude, ridiculously long walk to get anywhere of significance and everything is very very expensive. We checked in at the coral towers and after walking endlessly to the beach towers we had to walk almost 4 hours and several phone calls to get our bags that had been left with the concierge. We went to the Dominican Republic in May way better and well worth every dime, been to Jamaica, way better. I won't even go into loss of power and water.

7  Thank adcharleend12
Write a ReviewReviews (3,904)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Beach tower was fine for our needs, as a couple w/ a toddler. Room had gorgeous view of ocean for no addt'l. cost but wasn't as nice of a room as anticipated based upon my expectation of Atlantis resort. Yes, it's the budget option but rooms need maintenance - which may be funding in hold till Marriott takes over this Fall. The staff are awesome: very friendly, professional, helpful in all interactions in many different departments. Housekeeping did excellent job w/ cleaning rooms.
Chief complaint is the extreme up charge on food w/ in the resort confines. Example: $70 for 3 meals at Johnny Rockets??!! C'mon! You can't get away w/ spending less than $50 at any meal - RIDICULOUS. This is the only trip I can say that all meals were terrible, a chore, & not enjoyable due the cost for basic fare. One of the main reasons most people enjoy trips is looking forward to & enjoying the meals out. Not so at Atlantis. It's terribly off-putting & frustrating. The last thing you want as a vacation destination, is for guests to discuss DAILY how disenchanted they are w/ your property b/c if a poor business decision like the food cost. Bottom line: I'd be back frequently if it weren't for the extremely high priced food options; however,

• Stayed: August 2014
10  Thank Pagunthert
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a very late review, but since i just started on Tripadvisor- i figured that i share my travelling career on here. My family went to Bahamas and stayed in Atlantis in September 2008, i don't remember most of this vacation but i can say that i had a freaking blast here.

While i was just getting started to become adventurous, i experienced my first Jet ski ride, banana boat ride, para-sailing, scuba diving and snorkeling, and went on many different water slides especially the "Leap of Faith"- Holy Mole`.

I know my family and i ate at different restaurants, checked out the shops, my father went to the casino- i'm sure he had a blast.

i'm proud to say that i have visited Atlantis in Bahamas. I hope i can come back here in he near future.

- James and Sandoval Family

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank James S
Reviewed 2 September 2014

While the accommodations are spacious and very nice, the water park & restaurants are just average however the restaurants are priced like 5 star establishments. Service in the restaurants are mediocre to poor with tip built in to the bill even at the buffet style. Water Park closed at 7 so all outdoor bars closed at 6:30. So much for enjoying the sunset with a cocktail. Casino staff are borderline rude and the casinos do not open until 10 am. Ate most meals the last couple of days at the marina part of resort which was a little more affordable but terribly crowded. Will not return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pcpirate
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Our family of four spent six days at Atlantis in August 2014. Based on the reviews we had read on this site we took a taxi from the airport and stopped at a grocery store for drinks, breakfast and lunch items. This really helped to save on food costs as the restaurants are quite pricey. We also brought a collapsible cooler for drinks and snacks at the pool and beach. While our room was quite basic (they upgraded us to ocean view with no additional costs) we really did not spend a lot of time in our room. The beach tower is very close to the beach and I believe we had the nicest pool. it was very easy to run back and forth from the ocean to the pool although it was quite a distance from the waterpark. On our second day by the pool we witnessed a near drowning of a little girl, kudos to the quick reaction of the lifeguard who saved her life!! Our one disappointment was the lack of family dining options on site, those places that we're open on a given night were fine dining and very expensive for young children. One night we went off site and another evening we had pizza sitting by the harbour. I think the front desk staff could be a little more helpful in this regard; such as letting you know which days certain restaurants will be closed or to offer alternatives on site or off. the dolphin experience was definitely the highlight! overall experience was good but don't think we would return.

2  Thank ottawaevie
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Wow, this place is a paradise. If you have cash to burn, go here for your Bahamas vacation. It is beautiful an wonderful to see. We did the Discover Atlantis excursion from Carnival Sensation and got to tour the Dig and all of the property in and around the Beach Tower. It was worth the excursion, but I have a hard time saying staying at Atlantis is worth the cost, despite the expert craftsmanship and excellent attractions.

1  Thank Phoenix14830
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I spent 6 days with my son at this resort. The room is very far from check in, but close to beach. The room was dated, need remodeling, could have been cleaner. I had a great view of the beach and pool from my balcony. Everything is spread out so you have to do a lot of walking. Everything is extremely expensive a bottle of water cost $7. internet service was over $21 per day. Ridiculous! I purchase the meal plan, but the food plan has restrictions as to which restaurants are included and it doesn't include gratuity. Everything has a 15% gratuity added. The meal plan only covered breakfast and dinner. I would recommend not to get the meal plan it wasn't worth it. It was absolutely ridiculous that my son and I would eat about $200 worth of food per day, especially we are not big eaters. Everything was overpriced! The vacation was very expensive which did not worth the cost. There was one day we had no electrical power in the Beach Tower we had to climb five flight of stairs. However, the best part of the vacation was the water park which my son enjoyed very much, especially the lazy river. He swam with the dolphins and went snorkeling which was fun for him. He enjoyed crush which is a club for teens. The aquariums were fantastic and they were all over the place. There is a movie theatre that they show movies daily. The different activities were lots of fun. My billing statement was not correct so had to get it corrected before I leave. I proceeded to use the check out process on the television. Upon completion of that process the television no longer worked. They disconnect the television the moment you check out. The greatest thing about the Atlantis is the water park and the various activities that are offered, it is a fun place other than that is very over priced.

Room Tip: Higher floors usually have better views.