I loved loved loved loved loved my vacation at Atlantis. We stayed for 5 days. We lucked out with the weather and with the crowds...was sunny the whole time and the place was kind of empty since we went during off-season. Atlantis has stunning grounds. It was beautiful no matter where we were or looked around. Waterfalls and pools and beaches and palm trees and lovely landscaping and fish and sharks and fountains....never a dull spot and never a dull moment!
The Beach Tower is one of the early hotels on the premises and it's farther away from the main tower, which is the Royal Tower. However we really didn't mind walking around...just plan an extra 5-10 minutes if you plan on roaming around the area. The pool and beach are minutes from the hotel and there is a lazy river nearby the hotel as well. While the grounds are always exciting and the lobby is clean and very pretty, the rooms are really nothing special. There is nothing "Atlantisy" about the room, though every room should have a balcony, which is a nice plus. We chose this particular hotel to stay at because it was the cheapest of the lot. If you don't want to walk, there is actually a free shuttle to take you to other towers.
The Mandarin Spa is wonderful and we splurged on body massages. There is also a steam room, a sauna and a hot bath at the spa for your enjoyment. The place is quite luxurious and very relaxing.
We signed up for a special on Orbitz.com and were able to get free drinks at some of the clubs/lounges and we also had a free voucher at their Dolphin Encounter. This can be pricey if you have to pay, as prices start at $130 per person for about 60 minutes. It is expensive, but I would splurge on this as well as it can be a once in a lifetime experience to kiss a dolphin on the nose (seriously!).
Atlantis in general is an expensive resort. Everything on the premises costs a lot of money. I would recommend to take the ferry into Nassau ($3 a person each way) and go to the market to buy drinks (1.5L water bottle is $1) as well as snacks instead of spending $5-$10 for one water bottle at the Atlantis. And check out the Straw Market while you are on Nassau for much cheaper souvenir shopping.
The beach is gorgeous and there are so many long chairs available. However, most of the beach area at the Atlantis is actually public beach, and there are actually lots of private people that want to rent their jetskis or other sell other kind of water entertainment (parasailing, banana boats etc) to guests. Bear in mind that a lot of these people DO NOT have permits or insurances. If you are interested in water sports - I would ask the hotel for a list of the people who actually do have permits as well as insurance coverage.
Atlantis has so many amenities to offer that you really don't have to leave the island. The resort has snorkeling, kayaking, nightclubs, lounges, casino, restaurants, dolphin encounter and water slides....so fun! I get a little nervous about rides, but I pushed myself to try every water slide in the park and I had so much fun! That was really a plus for me because I personally get a little bored by sitting out near a pool/beach all day, so some fun on slides and the lazy river was much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Ebookers and Destinology so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island