“Very relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandara Spa at Atlantis

Mandara Spa at Atlantis
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort is located on Paradise Island, near Nassau and features fresh and salt-water pools, lagoons, waterfalls, and a marine habitat. The spa is a 30,000-square-foot facility with 32 private treatment rooms, two couple's villas, and two couple's spa suites with private bathing amenities. There is also a unisex relaxation lounge, a retail area, a salon, and men's and women's locker rooms with warm and cold plunge pools, steam and sauna rooms, and showers, with an aromatherapy room in the women's locker room and a plasma TV in the men's lounge room. Treatments include facials, microdermabrasion, cellulite therapy, teeth whitening services, body scrubs, salt glows, sunburn therapy, manicures, pedicures, makeup applications, hair services, waxing, wraps, bridal services, and therapies for men and children. The spa includes a 15,000-square-foot fitness center offering personal training, body composition analysis, nutrition and fitness analysis, yoga, and Pilates. Ancient techniques from Asia, traditional European spa therapies, and natural spices, fruits and minerals indigenous to The Bahamas meld together to provide the most unique treatments and the ultimate rejuvenating experiences. It is a divine sanctuary that escapes the limits of time. Sumptuous massages, rejuvenating facials, soothing wraps and exotic scrubs headline the roster of tried and true therapies. Brides can prepare for their special day, by spending the day in the spa with one of our many spa packages, in the event time is limited, just have hair, make-up and nails for the bride or bridal party. Advance reservations are recommended.
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited this spa on Easter Sunday. When I went into the registration area, I mentioned that the smell of the incense that was burning bothered me. It was quickly removed. After a very relaxing shower I had a facial. It was one of the best I've ever had. Wonderful scalp massage and arm and hand massage was included. The papaya facial exfoliator was fabulous. Extremely relaxing music was playing. This is a very quiet oasis. I would highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Marni2014

Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

First they tell us to ge there a half hour early... we were there for a couples retreat but then had to wait separately for an hour! Finally someone took me upstairs to another waiting room where we met... we couldn't wait that long wait together? Then they were another 15-20 minutes till we finally got our massages. I'll admit the massages did feel pretty good but nothing amazing. Then we took a bath in that awkward tiny tub while someone kept looking in every 5 minutes. There are of course no clocks so we had no clue when we were suppose to leave but got sick of people looking in so tried to shower but the shower didn't work. We were still covered in the oil so had to just go find our way back to the locker rooms by ourselves. SO disappointing. It was advertised as an intimate experience but more stressful then anything.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank bpetersen510
Charlotte, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I've been to a lot of spas, both in the US and internationally. This ranks among the best I've been to. The price is quite reasonable for this level of service. The coconut body wrap and facial made a perfect afternoon. Highly recommend!!!!

1 Thank CatieGC
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“unpleasant spa experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Ok, the spa shoes actually hurt! Hard plastic band over arch area of foot dug into skin. The hot tub was only about 1/2 full - you could see the line on the wall of the tub where the water was supposed to come to. Had to scrunch down uncomfortably to get submerged. And the inviting -looking shower next to the hot tub didn't have a handle. Most importantly, the masseuse didn't seem like she knew what she was doing at all. Squirted warm oil onto my back without warning, getting it onto my neck and leaving it to drip. Lots of stroking and not much in the way of kneading sore muscles - 80 minutes of kind of waiting for it to get better. And she had a little hangnail or something and every so often I'd feel a little prick! My sister had a massage as well at the same time. Not sure if she's reviewing here so I'll share her experience. At one point her masseuse actually texted with one hand during the massage while she half heartedly massaged with the other! This was an altogether disappointing (and expensive!) experience for both my sister and myself.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank travel2unravel
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worst professional massage I've ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked an 80min Swedish massage and I think my therapist was only touching me for about 50min... lots of sheet rearranging and unexplained "hands off" time. She did not seem to be experienced and actually interacted with her vibrating cell phone a few times. I had indicated that I had a particular area that needed work and she ignored it until I reminded her (as she was about to flip me over without touching it.) The rest of the amateurish massage was just boring.

2 odd things about the facility: the spa slippers actually hurt my feet and felt like they would cut me... when I mentioned to the staff, they said that a lot of customers complained about the slippers but there's been no change. I walked around barefoot in the spa. The other issue was that the water level in the hottub came to my waist when I was sitting on the ledge... so there was only one jet at my lower back and my upper body was in the air... not particularly relaxing.

Visited February 2014