“Some good, but mostly bad.”

Mandara Spa at Atlantis Paradise Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort is located on Paradise Island, near Nassau and features fresh and salt-water pools, lagoons, waterfalls, and a marine habitat. The spa is a 30,000-square-foot facility with 32 private treatment rooms, two couple's villas, and two couple's spa suites with private bathing amenities. There is also a unisex relaxation lounge, a retail area, a salon, and men's and women's locker rooms with warm and cold plunge pools, steam and sauna rooms, and showers, with an aromatherapy room in the women's locker room and a plasma TV in the men's lounge room. Treatments include facials, microdermabrasion, cellulite therapy, teeth whitening services, body scrubs, salt glows, sunburn therapy, manicures, pedicures, makeup applications, hair services, waxing, wraps, bridal services, and therapies for men and children. The spa includes a 15,000-square-foot fitness center offering personal training, body composition analysis, nutrition and fitness analysis, yoga, and Pilates. Ancient techniques from Asia, traditional European spa therapies, and natural spices, fruits and minerals indigenous to The Bahamas meld together to provide the most unique treatments and the ultimate rejuvenating experiences. It is a divine sanctuary that escapes the limits of time. Sumptuous massages, rejuvenating facials, soothing wraps and exotic scrubs headline the roster of tried and true therapies. Brides can prepare for their special day, by spending the day in the spa with one of our many spa packages, in the event time is limited, just have hair, make-up and nails for the bride or bridal party. Advance reservations are recommended.
Hermosa Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Some good, but mostly bad.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently got married at the Atlantis and booked hair and makeup at Mandara. My overall experience was very frustrating, but I will start with the positive.

The lady that did my hair and makeup did a great job. She was nice, and did exactly what I asked for and more. Also the spa facility was clean and beautiful.

However, from the start, my experience was a muddled disaster. I called two months ahead of time to be sure to get my desired hair and make-up time for myself, mother and mother-in-law on the wedding day. I was told at that time that it was too early to book, and to call back in a month. So, I called back in a month, and booked three hair and make-up appointments with no problems (supposedly). When I called back to double check a week later, I was told that I had only booked an appointment for myself, and that they no longer had room to accommodate my mothers. After many long international conversations and speaking and emailing with the manager, they managed to work it out. Whew.

When I arrived at the Atlantis I called to confirm again, given my prior mix-ups; everything was as expected. When we arrived the day of the appointment, I was seated right way and the lady started working on my hair, but my Mom and Mother-in-law, sat and waited for over a half hour. When a stylist finally freed up, they were rushed through hair, then sat for another half hour before they were rushed through makeup.

But wait, it gets worse. I was treating my mothers’ to the spa services and signed for both of their bills, but at check out, my mother-in-law was surprised with the charges on her bill, and they had double charged her for her hair. I went to the spa to sort it out, and noticed that they also over charged me for my Mom’s makeup. The lady said she would credit the room before I checked out, but that never happened. Luckily I had her initial the invoices saying she would credit me, and took a picture of them on m phone. Now I am stuck trying to battle with them for a credit over email.

My advice would be to go there on a weekday when it is not busy, have everyone book their own appointments, then double check your bill before you sign for it. I can see how it could be a nice experience as the ladies that worked on us were nice, but administratively it is a MESS! Beware.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Deanna T

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited this spa on Easter Sunday. When I went into the registration area, I mentioned that the smell of the incense that was burning bothered me. It was quickly removed. After a very relaxing shower I had a facial. It was one of the best I've ever had. Wonderful scalp massage and arm and hand massage was included. The papaya facial exfoliator was fabulous. Extremely relaxing music was playing. This is a very quiet oasis. I would highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Marni2014
Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

First they tell us to ge there a half hour early... we were there for a couples retreat but then had to wait separately for an hour! Finally someone took me upstairs to another waiting room where we met... we couldn't wait that long wait together? Then they were another 15-20 minutes till we finally got our massages. I'll admit the massages did feel pretty good but nothing amazing. Then we took a bath in that awkward tiny tub while someone kept looking in every 5 minutes. There are of course no clocks so we had no clue when we were suppose to leave but got sick of people looking in so tried to shower but the shower didn't work. We were still covered in the oil so had to just go find our way back to the locker rooms by ourselves. SO disappointing. It was advertised as an intimate experience but more stressful then anything.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank bpetersen510
Charlotte, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I've been to a lot of spas, both in the US and internationally. This ranks among the best I've been to. The price is quite reasonable for this level of service. The coconut body wrap and facial made a perfect afternoon. Highly recommend!!!!

1 Thank CatieGC
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“unpleasant spa experience”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Ok, the spa shoes actually hurt! Hard plastic band over arch area of foot dug into skin. The hot tub was only about 1/2 full - you could see the line on the wall of the tub where the water was supposed to come to. Had to scrunch down uncomfortably to get submerged. And the inviting -looking shower next to the hot tub didn't have a handle. Most importantly, the masseuse didn't seem like she knew what she was doing at all. Squirted warm oil onto my back without warning, getting it onto my neck and leaving it to drip. Lots of stroking and not much in the way of kneading sore muscles - 80 minutes of kind of waiting for it to get better. And she had a little hangnail or something and every so often I'd feel a little prick! My sister had a massage as well at the same time. Not sure if she's reviewing here so I'll share her experience. At one point her masseuse actually texted with one hand during the massage while she half heartedly massaged with the other! This was an altogether disappointing (and expensive!) experience for both my sister and myself.

Visited February 2014