“Excellent Spa”

Mandara Spa at Atlantis Paradise Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort is located on Paradise Island, near Nassau and features fresh and salt-water pools, lagoons, waterfalls, and a marine habitat. The spa is a 30,000-square-foot facility with 32 private treatment rooms, two couple's villas, and two couple's spa suites with private bathing amenities. There is also a unisex relaxation lounge, a retail area, a salon, and men's and women's locker rooms with warm and cold plunge pools, steam and sauna rooms, and showers, with an aromatherapy room in the women's locker room and a plasma TV in the men's lounge room. Treatments include facials, microdermabrasion, cellulite therapy, teeth whitening services, body scrubs, salt glows, sunburn therapy, manicures, pedicures, makeup applications, hair services, waxing, wraps, bridal services, and therapies for men and children. The spa includes a 15,000-square-foot fitness center offering personal training, body composition analysis, nutrition and fitness analysis, yoga, and Pilates. Ancient techniques from Asia, traditional European spa therapies, and natural spices, fruits and minerals indigenous to The Bahamas meld together to provide the most unique treatments and the ultimate rejuvenating experiences. It is a divine sanctuary that escapes the limits of time. Sumptuous massages, rejuvenating facials, soothing wraps and exotic scrubs headline the roster of tried and true therapies. Brides can prepare for their special day, by spending the day in the spa with one of our many spa packages, in the event time is limited, just have hair, make-up and nails for the bride or bridal party. Advance reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I just had a Swedish Massage at Mandara here at Atlantis. Positive: excellent masseuse, the pressure was spot on, more than a rub but not a deep tissue where one time at another resort I left and felt nauseous. Also- this week is 30% off, in which I paid $105+ for a 50 min massage- decent price for Atlantis. Negs- check in took over 20 mins. Thankfully I showed up early but this almost cut into my 9am massage time, there should more than 1 person working the front desk. Facilities are impeccable.

2  Thank KelliS198
in 16 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Mandara Spa owners insists that there employees sell and up sell or they will have no appointments the following week. The therapist don't get a base salary and are consistently harrassed by management to sell products or there will be consequences. Even though it's a spa the company treat there employees like trash and continue cutting there commission percentage expect for the employees to give the guest wonderful experience after being thereated on a daily basis by cooperate and upper management. They could care less about customer service there concern is about retail. My suggestion the resort need to replace madara spa with a more high end human friendly spa.

14  Thank affiliates
Reviewed 30 June 2014

There is no way to book online ahead of time. But it is worth the hassle of calling or trying to do it through email. I managed to get a deep tissue massage appointment after I arrived (within an hour) but the time slots were few and far between. The overall experience was pretty typical of a spa. They schedule all the appointments to start on the half hour or hour which means that quite a few people can be waiting in the relaxation areas of the locker rooms and there aren't enough chairs. They don't tell you but it is possible to request to go upstairs early where there is more seating although more in the nature of couches. I wasn't entirely sure about my massage during the process but I went to get massive knots worked out of my muscles which is never the most pleasant experience. It met my biggest requirement of removing the knots even if some of the time that was painful, as it so often is in my case.

It is absolutely pricy compared to many spas in my area which is hardly an inexpensive place to live. However, there are discounts you can find. I somehow walked into an unadvertised one that saved 20% off, although they have a mandatory gratuity so it didn't really save me anything. I can't speak to any of the other services but for what I was looking for it fit the bill.

3  Thank Anna911
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was pleasantly surprised at how nice this spa was. Back in 2006 it was not completely done, so nice to see such a large spa that still gives good service, good treatments and has a nice, serene "Mandara" experience.

1  Thank Trvlchnnl
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There were 4 of us that booked deep tissue massages, we all had the same time 9:00AM, we arrived and checked in, the men were sent to the left and us women were sent to the right, shown lockers and told to enjoy the hot tub, that had no jets on, they were broken, then we went into the steam room witch was good. We were finally herded upstairs with about 8 other females and at the top of the stairs what do we see our husbands who had also had a rotton time in the hot tub that was cold.
after waiting again my husband was called first, then me, the girl that came and got me was very pleasant, and told me she had been doing it for 8 years so I was in good hands.

Well as for a deep tissue, all I really got was a back rub, not what I expected, supposed to last 50 minutes but lasted about 40.
After talking to the rest of my group on 1 of us got a good deep tissue.
wont be going back to that spa

3  Thank aardy50